10-28-13 08:55 PM
41 12
tools
    BB has great future just based on this alone.

German ministers' phones have reportedly been protected using technology from security firm Secusmart since 2009. Secusmart said in March that German government officials would be issued with new, highly-secured technology made for Blackberry mobile phones.

BBC News - US ambassador to Germany summoned in Merkel mobile row
    David in Durham likes this.
    10-24-13 09:55 AM
    Shouldn't we feel so cool and kind of safety to use same phone as these high profiles? What are everybody waiting for ?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 10:04 AM
    BB should put this on their web page. Security is huge right now. Advertise now, use this angle before all the hype dies down. A week of weeks.
    Alphax45 and David in Durham like this.
    10-24-13 10:26 AM
    I thought she uses a blackberry phone... so I went and looked up a few sites. Turns out she posed with a Z10 a few months back but uses a Windows phone. Perhaps it's for the best. Now, when she poses she can have a smile instead of that frown that the photographer probably caught her offguard with.
    10-24-13 11:01 AM
    I thought she uses a blackberry phone... so I went and looked up a few sites. Turns out she posed with a Z10 a few months back but uses a Windows phone. Perhaps it's for the best. Now, when she poses she can have a smile instead of that frown that the photographer probably caught her offguard with.
    You could be right, she doesn't look very happy.

US ambassador to Germany summoned in Merkel mobile row - BB Will be used now-enhanced-buzz-wide-32454-1362585498-13.jpg
    10-24-13 11:04 AM
    Shouldn't we feel so cool and kind of safety to use same phone as these high profiles? What are everybody waiting for ?

Posted via CB10
    Their bb is on a BES, is yours? If not you can't claim that same security.
    bbq10l, Etios, rthonpm and 2 others like this.
    10-24-13 11:04 AM
    Their bb is on a BES, is yours? If not you can't claim that same security.
    Even then it wouldn't be on the same level. She is probably going to use a Secusmart enhanced Z10. Some thousand devices were bought by German ministries recently. Each costs 2.500 EUR. They offer a higher level of security via an encryption chip in the SD card slot.

Edit: Here's another photo with her Z10.
    US ambassador to Germany summoned in Merkel mobile row - BB Will be used now-blackberry-z10-secusmarttechnologie.jpg
    10-24-13 11:18 AM
    Not same level security but still safer than other phones. No need to argue about it.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:19 AM
    LOL!

Sounds like Mrs. Merkel has a nasty surprise coming...

Considering that Obama wasnt allowed to bring his Blackberry to the Whitehouse because it wasn't secure enough, I doubt that NSA has any problems cracking Blackberry security.

Obama to Get Back BlackBerry at Last, Toughened by NSA | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
    10-24-13 11:54 AM
    In the last paragraph of the BBC News: "A Der Spiegel report in September that the US NSA had cracked the security codes the protect data on iPhones, Blackberries and Android devices led to demonstrations in Berlin."

I'm hoping that blackberry react against alleged breaches of his Cryptography
    10-24-13 12:23 PM
    In the last paragraph of the BBC News: "A Der Spiegel report in September that the US NSA had cracked the security codes the protect data on iPhones, Blackberries and Android devices led to demonstrations in Berlin."

I'm hoping that blackberry react against alleged breaches of his Cryptography
    React how? They can move to a different encryption but that is all. BlackBerry does own ECC (through Certicom) and is already starting to implement that next gen encryption.
    10-24-13 12:27 PM
    If you read the article she must have been hacked long time ago and she is using different phone previously

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 01:29 PM
    RSA is the most widely used method of encryption and is said to have been cracked or at least rumored to be. This form of encryption is based on an unsolvable logarithm which is used to generate and sync encryption keys. Blackberry (through Certicom) uses completely different elliptical curve cryptography (EEC) which the NSA is moving to due to the real or potential issues with RSA. It is said that due to the use of elliptical equations makes this form cryptography very difficult to crack. The NSA has a multi-year “master license” agreement with Certicom

While it might be nice to say BBerry is "better" than all the rest, we cannot rule out the that the US Government would likely not allow any communications supplier to run equipment that it cannot accessed by them. Whether Blackberry is a willing participant or not, it seems that they do seem eager to bring Apple & Google into the Government which might be due to the ease of surveillance of these platforms. It also might mean that they are not able to intercept BBerry traffic, although I’m very skeptical on this point.

Whatever the situation is, we're speculating on the contents in very bowels of US secrecy and we probability will never actually know what their true capabilities are.
    10-24-13 01:49 PM
    Not same level security but still safer than other phones. No need to argue about it.

Posted via CB10
    How do you figure it's any "safer" than any other phone? If it's not an BES, it isn't.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-24-13 08:12 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enhanced-buzz-wide-32454-1362585498-13.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	213789
    This is a photo shopped picture done by a BlackBerry hater that went viral. Real picture had her smiling.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 08:33 PM
    Security is the gene of BlackBerry. No need to waste time to figure.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-13 11:10 PM
    This is a photo shopped picture done by a BlackBerry hater that went viral. Real picture had her smiling.

Posted via CB10
    Really? It doesn't look Photoshopped to me.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    10-25-13 06:34 AM
    This is why it's so important that Blackberry is not bought by a US or Israeli company because once they are the new owners will force Blackberry to put in back doors for NSA and other more dodgy organizations. Blackberry has this security card left and can differentiate with it. Once Blackberry is under the control of any major US shareholder, that card is gone.

Despite it is possible to crack BB10 and its communication, the importance is that Blackberry does not have special swivel doors for the NSA.
    10-25-13 06:45 AM
    BB has great future just based on this alone.

German ministers' phones have reportedly been protected using technology from security firm Secusmart since 2009. Secusmart said in March that German government officials would be issued with new, highly-secured technology made for Blackberry mobile phones.

BBC News - US ambassador to Germany summoned in Merkel mobile row
    1 down, 34 other countries spied on by NSA to go.
    10-25-13 07:40 AM
    Apparently Yahoo was the only one to post that photo. There are other photos of her smiling with the Z10.
    10-25-13 07:46 AM
    Come on, Angie! Say cheese!

US ambassador to Germany summoned in Merkel mobile row - BB Will be used now-angie.jpg
    10-25-13 07:55 AM
    Actually, it is suspected, that her beloved (but ancient) Nokia 6210 Slide was affected, which is an ordinary and unencrypted phone (maybe used to tell her husband, that she will be late tonight. Again.). Rumours are, she used that one until September 2013. So, BlackBerry is not in the line of fire right now...
    10-25-13 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Here is another copyrighted by the associated press. (unless you consider them fanboys as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-13 08:34 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	enhanced-buzz-wide-32454-1362585498-13.jpg 
Views:	1063 
Size:	275.0 KB 
ID:	213789
    This picture is a shame. I clearly recall that someone purposely used photoshop to alter the picture. The original picture is with her smiling! What people do you try to knock down BB
    10-25-13 08:54 AM
    Angela Merkel says America must re-earn Germany's trust after phone-tapping revelations - Mirror Online

"Mrs Merkel’s phone calls were allegedly wide open to eavesdropping for FOUR years until she switched to a BlackBerry in the summer"
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    10-25-13 08:58 AM
41 12