08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    I've been waiting for BB to bring their A-Game for 3 years now. I reckon the game may be over, and the fans are leaving the stadium.

Yes, there are still some guys sitting in the stands with their giant foam hands waiting for the BB team to show up and play, but the majority of the crowd has moved on, or is in the process of moving on. The stadium BB once owned has been sold and is now leased back in some cash for land deal to make the books look good so they can keep the stadium floodlights on for one more quarter.

There may be less bad press than there once was, but I doubt that's because the company is getting better and is more because the Press Box is empty and the Press have similarly moved on. Printing the same "BB is in-recovery/rebuilding" story every few months rapidly gets old and won't sell newspapers.
    What you and so many fail to realize or understand or don't want to understand is that when BlackBerry was a leader the smartphone market was small, the pie is a lot bigger today a 5% market share would be more today than it was 10 years ago. Rather than whining about erros made by previous management why don't you enjoy your BB10 device or whatever device you're using. All I know is that BlackBerry Z30 is the Best smartphone BlackBerry has ever produced.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    neteng1000 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    07-13-14 09:45 AM
    Totally agree z30 best phone ever. If someone could get the right people in these large companies to use them.....

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    07-13-14 05:02 PM
    Ah, mobile iron... I take it the powers that be at UPS haven't been reading up on tech news lately... Let them know to have fun with that one... ;-)
    What are you referring to?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-13-14 11:42 PM
    What are you referring to?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Multiple major Mobile Iron hacks in the last few months.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 04:18 AM
    What you and so many fail to realize or understand or don't want to understand is that when BlackBerry was a leader the smartphone market was small, the pie is a lot bigger today a 5% market share would be more today than it was 10 years ago. Rather than whining about erros made by previous management why don't you enjoy your BB10 device or whatever device you're using. All I know is that BlackBerry Z30 is the Best smartphone BlackBerry has ever produced.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    Yes if BlackBerry were to carve out 5% of the smartphone market and keep it they would be fine. But they aren't on track to do even that .

And maybe the Z30 is the best that BlackBerry can do.... that's kinda the problem.

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    07-14-14 05:46 AM
    Not to be a downer, but I was looking at the blackberrysucks hashtag on instagram and came across some post where the guy said "said good-bye to blackberry at work today" tagged #byod, #notsad, #blackberry sucks at the Walmart Corporate office... this is a big loss but is indicative of a shift from BES to other products in NA
    07-14-14 06:26 AM
    Besides the Aviva hack what do you mean by multiple?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 07:27 AM
    Not to be a downer, but I was looking at the blackberrysucks hashtag on instagram and came across some post where the guy said "said good-bye to blackberry at work today" tagged #byod, #notsad, #blackberry sucks at the Walmart Corporate office... this is a big loss but is indicative of a shift from BES to other products in NA
    BES is the BEST!

Too bad BlackBerry is one of the worst ran companies in the world.....
    • Delay after Delay with the roll out of the new platform.
    • Incompatibility of the old and new platforms to work on one "service".
    • Inability to price products right in the beginning.
    • "We are for Sales" or "BlackBerry has one shot to survive" are not thing you want to here about a company that you are investing thousand of dollars in.

Might not be too little too late, but they sure did cut it close.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-14-14 07:48 AM
    BES is the BEST!

Too bad BlackBerry is one of the worst ran companies in the world.....
    • Delay after Delay with the roll out of the new platform.
    • Incompatibility of the old and new platforms to work on one "service".
    • Inability to price products right in the beginning.
    • "We are for Sales" or "BlackBerry has one shot to survive" are not thing you want to here about a company that you are investing thousand of dollars in.

Might not be too little too late, but they sure did cut it close.
    Agreed, the company I work at got good a while back and it serves everything they need. I don't really have a problem with that entirely but the reasoning made it seem like well they can either support BYOD or blackberry which isn't a true dichotomy. BYOD should have been embraced earlier and potentially integrated with the older BES servers... that would have been the best sale for them but now they really need to stop the corporations running away at full speed in north america.

Ironically, well it's only sort of ironic, I will probably get crappy compatibility with Good by switching to blackberry. I have always had an iPhone but I'm a recent shareholder and believe in the company's turnaround. I want to get a passport but will have to use the amazon's app store version of Good. I have to cal my IT support people to get a new key and if anything goes wrong they'll just say "well, why do you have a blackberry?". Ugh
    07-14-14 08:04 AM
    Technically you are correct. Literally you are not. VZW isn't pushing BB to anyone.
    Whether they're pushing them or not is irrelevant. Corporations buying Enterprise equipment don't just walk up to a VZW kiosk or into a store and to make their purchases like consumers do. They either purchase their hardware directly from the manufacturer (BBRY) or place an order with their carrier's corporate/enterprise division (who have no qualms about pushing BB devices). Which phones the carriers decide to market is moot. All that matters is that whatever the enterprise solution is chosen, it is supported and functional on the carrier.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 07-14-14 at 11:03 AM.
    anon1727506 and moody like this.
    07-14-14 10:47 AM
    If Chen can get them in the BLACK, slowly start building the userbase, and get BlackBerry to a position where it's future isn't in doubt.... I think down the road a LOT of companies would come back to BlackBerry for MDM and maybe devices. Then again some will be happy with their new MDM System and they may become invested in another platform's capabilities.
    BB would have to come up with something out of this world for a company to make the switch back.
    07-14-14 12:34 PM
    Whether they're pushing them or not is irrelevant. Corporations buying Enterprise equipment don't just walk up to a VZW kiosk or into a store and to make their purchases like consumers do. They either purchase their hardware directly from the manufacturer (BBRY) or place an order with their carrier's corporate/enterprise division (who have no qualms about pushing BB devices). Which phones the carriers decide to market is moot. All that matters is that whatever the enterprise solution is chosen, it is supported and functional on the carrier.
    You mean UPS doesn't send someone down to the mall to pick out phones? Damn, I'm so surprised. I've dealt with VZW corporate on large phone orders. They do, as a corporation, push certain phones. That is not moot. Currently, VZW actively pushes back against BB. At least they did with a large DoD contract.
    07-14-14 02:06 PM
    You mean UPS doesn't send someone down to the mall to pick out phones? Damn, I'm so surprised. I've dealt with VZW corporate on large phone orders. They do, as a corporation, push certain phones. That is not moot. Currently, VZW actively pushes back against BB. At least they did with a large DoD contract.
    Be snarky all you want. But where you're trying to lay misinformation is that they will try to dissuade a corporate customers from their outlined enterprise plan. VZW isn't going to attempt to convince their customers to drop their BES solution just to satisfy their own agendas. That would be a practice of futility. They will work to accommodate whatever plan has been decided.

All VZW cares about is their traffic billing. They don't give a second thought to whatever enterprise platform you choose. They couldn't care less. They just want to sell the service.

I seriously doubt that you are as involved as you claim.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    07-14-14 04:30 PM
    Why would you be looking for BlackBerry sucks hashtags?

But anyway, if Walmart had BES and devices and they are dropping both that would hurt
    More than UPS.

07-14-14 05:18 PM
    That's because UPS are nothing but a bunch of Morons.... baaaaaaa, baaaaaa

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 05:28 PM

07-14-14 05:58 PM
    Yeah... okay...

Nevermind that they do alright by me and most other people. But whatever.
    moody likes this.
    07-14-14 06:01 PM
    Why would you be looking for BlackBerry sucks hashtags?

But anyway, if Walmart had BES and devices and they are dropping both that would hurt
    More than UPS.

Ha! I was actually looking for the hashtag blackberry. If you put in the hashtag blackberry and then press search it comes up with relevant results. I saw the blackberry sucks hashtag one and was like who cares enough to make a hashtag for these things. Yeah, I'm very sad to hear it. They need to figure out what they're doing soon. I think a lot of these North American companies use to be their biggest BES adopters but are leaving them in mass. It's very concerning for me as a shareholder because I've seen more BES clients leave in NA than adopt BES10. I know they don't publicly announce it all the time but you can be damn sure I'll be looking at the BES revenue every quarter.
    moody likes this.
    07-14-14 08:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Such a silly and useless comment. Says something about the person that posts that sort of thing.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Coffee Shampoo likes this.
    07-14-14 09:42 PM
    Z30 rulez!!

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-15-14 07:04 AM
    BB would have to come up with something out of this world for a company to make the switch back.
    BES is still a better solution that what I have seen from other EMM's. But a couple of outages, and the whole sinking ship situation has made them a questionable stable provider and pricing has been an issue in the past. If the company were stable and pricing were equal... I bet companies would return. Wouldn't happen over night but the next time they reviewed their MDM policies.... maybe.

Plus I think most of Enterprise is going to go the BOYD route, and Balance is a great BYOD solution. Sure Government and Regulated Industries will stick with they provide and lock down the devices and users will just have to carry two devices - but that is a pretty small niche

Chen just needs STABILITY!
    RubberChicken76 and moody like this.
    07-15-14 07:17 AM
    BES10/12 may be better than other solutions, but once a company switches, especially a large company, the competing product has to be significantly better. Changing the MDM is not a trivial undertaking.
    07-15-14 08:20 AM
    BES10/12 may be better than other solutions, but once a company switches, especially a large company, the competing product has to be significantly better. Changing the MDM is not a trivial undertaking.
    Especially if it doesn't work as well as what you were using.....

I can't really comment on the differences between BES / Good / Mobile Iron or the 50 or so other EMM out there. But if BES12 is a better solution, if it was easier for IT to mange, if it is more secure, if the pricing is competitive..... who knows what a company might do. Once their contracts and licenses start to run out.... But if BES12 is more expensive, if it is hard to manage - no BlackBerry has lost a customer for good.
    moody likes this.
    07-15-14 03:41 PM
    Be snarky all you want. But where you're trying to lay misinformation is that they will try to dissuade a corporate customers from their outlined enterprise plan. VZW isn't going to attempt to convince their customers to drop their BES solution just to satisfy their own agendas. That would be a practice of futility. They will work to accommodate whatever plan has been decided.

All VZW cares about is their traffic billing. They don't give a second thought to whatever enterprise platform you choose. They couldn't care less. They just want to sell the service.

I seriously doubt that you are as involved as you claim.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    And you may not be as smart as you think. You keep talking about BES and I keep talking about phones. VZW gives phones to large .gov contracts. They want the billing. They don't want to give a customer 1200 BB phones that the customer won't like.

You may think I don't know what I'm talking about. That's fine. I don't need to impress SGOTI. Have a nice day.
    07-16-14 11:42 AM
    ^
    Does this mean strange guys on the Internet?
    I couldn't come up with anything better in 5 seconds.

That UPS will leave BlackBerry is sad to hear.
    I hope that BlackBerry knows how to get back some of the clients they have lost, with their future offerings.
    Let's see how it plays out.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    07-16-14 10:48 PM
311 ... 7891011 ...