08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 ... 678910 ...
tools
    If you are actually serious, that's a pretty silly reaction.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Hmm....alright. DHL that is. LOL...

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    07-08-14 10:22 AM
    Maybe UPS will keep BES. And as someone said earlier, they can always come back to the hardware once BlackBerry is back where they belong.

Z30 /10.3.x.xxxx & Q10 10.3.x.xxxx
    UPS will be phasing out BES in favor of Mobile Iron as the client to tie the users into their e-mail. Mobile Iron does not have a native BB10 client available at this time, and I don't know if they have plans to bring one to the market as of yet. BES is being phased out, although last I knew, the BES farm they have to support all the BB7 and older devices was 12 servers.

Disclaimer: I work for UPS in their technology support department.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    07-08-14 05:52 PM
    UPS will be phasing out BES in favor of Mobile Iron as the client to tie the users into their e-mail. Mobile Iron does not have a native BB10 client available at this time, and I don't know if they have plans to bring one to the market as of yet. BES is being phased out, although last I knew, the BES farm they have to support all the BB7 and older devices was 12 servers.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    I believe BlackBerry is making connectors for legacy BlackBerry and BB10 devices that can be added to the major MDM vendors.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-o...-mdm-platforms

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 05:59 PM
    I believe BlackBerry is making connectors for legacy BlackBerry and BB10 devices that can be added to the major MDM vendors.

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-o...-mdm-platforms

Posted via CB10
    The powers that be at UPS may decide to open that up as far as BYOD goes, but from what I'm being told, BlackBerry will not be supported/offered.

This may change eventually, as two years ago, they were telling us that iPhone/Android will not be supported/offered.

Luckily for me, I still have my Z10 for my personal driver.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    BigBadWulf and moody like this.
    07-08-14 06:06 PM

The Mayor hath spoken.
    Ah, mobile iron... I take it the powers that be at UPS haven't been reading up on tech news lately... Let them know to have fun with that one... ;-)
    moody likes this.
    07-08-14 06:14 PM
    I work for a large American corporation. My company issued phone for the past few years has been the Bold 9900 series. It's been a great phone.

We received an email several weeks ago telling us that our phones will all be upgraded sometime this year. One of the lines in the letter began something like this: "Blackberry is still the unquestioned leader with regard to corporate security...."

So I assume we are sticking with Blackberry. I hope it's the Classic.

The only real issues I've had with my 9900 is dropped calls, but I blame that on AT&T.
    moody and DJM626 like this.
    07-08-14 06:20 PM

The Mayor hath spoken.
    Well how cool someone from UPS is on CB . So can't you Don something to turn around this fiasco? (I thinks it's a travesty LoL)

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    MayorHaji likes this.
    07-08-14 08:12 PM
    Well how cool someone from UPS is on CB . So can't you Don something to turn around this fiasco? (I thinks it's a travesty LoL)

Believe me, I have been very vocal about it.

Also, I know for a fact, I'm not the only UPSer on here.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    moody likes this.
    07-08-14 08:45 PM
    Believe me, I have been very vocal about it.

Also, I know for a fact, I'm not the only UPSer on here.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    I was a little worried about "announcing" something like this on here but then figured I was only ups related person here.

But it's cool I'm not.

What's not cool is that UPS is giving up on BlackBerry

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    07-08-14 09:53 PM
    I work for a large American corporation. My company issued phone for the past few years has been the Bold 9900 series. It's been a great phone.

We received an email several weeks ago telling us that our phones will all be upgraded sometime this year. One of the lines in the letter began something like this: "Blackberry is still the unquestioned leader with regard to corporate security...."

So I assume we are sticking with Blackberry. I hope it's the Classic.

The only real issues I've had with my 9900 is dropped calls, but I blame that on AT&T.
    I hope you're right and your company will stick w/ BlackBerry.

07-08-14 09:54 PM
    Ah, mobile iron... I take it the powers that be at UPS haven't been reading up on tech news lately... Let them know to have fun with that one... ;-)
    The challenge is that major projects like this in big companies move slowly. This has likely been in the works for years, as would transitioning to something else.
    07-08-14 10:02 PM
    I was a little worried about "announcing" something like this on here but then figured I was only ups related person here.

But it's cool I'm not.

What's not cool is that UPS is giving up on BlackBerry

When I take off my zealot BlackBerry hat, take a step back, and look, I fully understand why UPS is moving away from BlackBerry. The writing was on the wall when BlackBerry was having so many issues and I think when they put themselves up for sale, that was the nail. As a corporation, they had to move to something that could easily be replaced, but was good enough for the needs of the corporation. As far as I can tell, only UPS owned phones will be allowed access to the UPS intranet. E-mail will be allowed on both UPS owned and personal phones.

As for inside secrets, they aren't trying to keep a lid on this. So I'm not worried about it.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    moody and anon1727506 like this.
    07-08-14 10:03 PM

I'd let him wear my sheep's clothing

The Wulf hath howled
    MayorHaji and moody like this.
    07-08-14 10:05 PM
    The challenge is that major projects like this in big companies move slowly. This has likely been in the works for years, as would transitioning to something else.
    Also, if I was a betting man, Mobile Iron wasn't the only thing they looked at or tested.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    07-08-14 10:06 PM

The Wulf hath howled
    I knew you were jealous.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-08-14 10:07 PM
    Well how cool someone from UPS is on CB
    Meh, I talk to him all the time. It's not that cool.

See

I knew you were jealous.

The Mayor hath thpoken.
    Yeah, what Jef'n ever

Back on topic.....
    I can't blame them at all. Communication is critical, and Jef'n around waiting to see what happens to BlackBerry was way to much risk when the sale was announced. Thor really blew it there.

The Wulf hath eaten grandma
    07-08-14 10:22 PM
    Meh, I talk to him all the time. It's not that cool.
    It's Jef's fault you have publicly admitted that you know me.

It's also Jef's fault you don't fully realize it really is THAT cool.

Lastly, it's Jef's fault that this is post #600. w00t!!!
    Last edited by MayorHaji; 07-08-14 at 10:35 PM. Reason: JefType
    moody likes this.
    07-08-14 10:33 PM
    It's Jef's fault you have publicly admitted that you know me.

It's also Jef's fault you don't fully realize it really is THAT cool.

Lastly, it's Jef's fault that this is post #600. w00t!!!
    What's cool is the level of respect I have, for the husband and father you are, but stay on topic, ya damn Jef'n narcissist. That's not cool

It's also Jef's fault you think 600 is an achievement.
    MayorHaji and moody like this.
    07-08-14 10:40 PM
    What's cool is the level of respect I have, for the husband and father you are, but stay on topic, ya damn Jef'n narcissist. That's not cool

It's also Jef's fault you think 600 is an achievement.
    Sir, yes sir!!!

*mutters under his breath something along the lines of 600 being cool because his mommy said so*

The Mayor hath spoken.
    07-08-14 10:48 PM
    When I take off my zealot BlackBerry hat, take a step back, and look, I fully understand why UPS is moving away from BlackBerry. The writing was on the wall when BlackBerry was having so many issues and I think when they put themselves up for sale, that was the nail. As a corporation, they had to move to something that could easily be replaced, but was good enough for the needs of the corporation. As far as I can tell, only UPS owned phones will be allowed access to the UPS intranet. E-mail will be allowed on both UPS owned and personal phones.

As for inside secrets, they aren't trying to keep a lid on this. So I'm not worried about it.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    Yes that's exactly what my husband said. But as you stated earlier, if BlackBerry stabilizes then hits the market hard once os10 is 100% (I say that b/c still needs fine tuning), then it's always possible UPS will return.

If I could just get my husband to try a Z30 I don't think he'd ever touch iPhone again.

07-08-14 11:23 PM
    Hey @mayer, is this article true?

theregister.co.uk/2014/06/23/aviva_heartbleed_hack/

07-09-14 07:59 AM
    Hey @mayer, is this article true?

theregister.co.uk/2014/06/23/aviva_heartbleed_hack/

Typically, I take news on the register with a grain of salt, but I've seen this news elsewhere too, so I'm inclined to believe it.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    moody likes this.
    07-09-14 08:27 AM

The Mayor hath spoken.
    If Chen can get them in the BLACK, slowly start building the userbase, and get BlackBerry to a position where it's future isn't in doubt.... I think down the road a LOT of companies would come back to BlackBerry for MDM and maybe devices. Then again some will be happy with their new MDM System and they may become invested in another platform's capabilities.
    07-09-14 08:48 AM
    Really? And yet my Z10 on Rogers which I've had since Feb 2013 hasn't had any of those issues and it has received all the OS updates as soon as they were released by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Same here.

Got my white Z10 one week after launch and have had absolutely ZERO issues with it . It's been rock solid. Updates have made it better and better.

My only criticism is battery life, but I get by and still love the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 08:53 AM
    The US' biggest carrier which has the best coverage (which should be priority number one for UPS) supports the Z10, Z30, and the Q10. What else would you ask for?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Technically you are correct. Literally you are not. VZW isn't pushing BB to anyone.
    07-13-14 07:15 AM
311 ... 678910 ...