08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 ... 56789 ...
tools
    UPS dumping BlackBerry buy top UK law firms are sticking with it...

Ups must not want security

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 11:19 PM
    Since I'm a shareholder and former BlackBerry employee I'm well aware of the stock price. It closed at $10.20 which is only an increase of 4.3%. Most of us bought the stock for much more than that so $10.20 is nothing to celebrate.

Half full would imply that my stock is worth half of what is was when I purchased it. It isn't.

I will acknowledge that this past quarter wasn't as bad as others. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Hey, everyone knows to buy when the stock is up right? Oh wait... ;-)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    moody likes this.
    07-01-14 11:32 PM
    Hey, everyone knows to buy when the stock is up right? Oh wait... ;-)

I don't get your comment. Are you suggesting those of us that bought stock higher than $10 should have known BlackBerry was going to tank?

07-02-14 05:18 AM
    I don't get your comment. Are you suggesting those of us that bought stock higher than $10 should have known BlackBerry was going to tank?

I'm thinking he means now is the time to buy stock. That will help drive the price back up.

If that's not what he meant then I take my "like" back. LoL

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    07-02-14 06:17 AM
    I'm thinking he means now is the time to buy stock. That will help drive the price back up.

If that's not what he meant then I take my "like" back. LoL

Yep, buy when they are low. Actually, I don't even mean buy now, I would have bought back when everyone was crying about them being so low. Now when they bounced back a little, I would have sold, taken the profit and ran, lol. :-P

07-02-14 10:46 AM
    This has nothing to do with the iPhone. The problem was with MobileIron.
    "Aviva was using BYOD service MobileIron" This is like blaming Dell Computers for a virus that got in because the admin didn't patch Windows. Microsoft would be to blame not Dell.
    But Dell only makes hardware.

Apple makes hardware and software. So they would be both Dell and Windows in your example, no?

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    07-02-14 01:35 PM
    Well hubby told me tonight the reason UPS is dropping is b/c "BlackBerry is financially unstable & UPS didn't want to risk having 1000's of phones unsupported".

So I guess they'd prefer "unsecure" over "unsupported".

Z30 /10.3.x.xxxx & Q10 10.3.x.xxxx
    07-03-14 10:55 PM
    i hope they choose MobileIron, because they're in way better shape than BlackBerry [/s]

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-04-14 05:01 PM
    Well hubby told me tonight the reason UPS is dropping is b/c "BlackBerry is financially unstable & UPS didn't want to risk having 1000's of phones unsupported".

Sounds about right. Like I've said many times companies aren't looking 3-5 years forward for support. They're looking 10-20 years and BlackBerry is too much of an unknown that far ahead.

07-04-14 05:14 PM

This + apps is probably BlackBerry's single biggest struggle in the enterprise right now. There's a fear they will go under (a bit of a stretch imo) or a fear they will exit hardware (much less of a stretch)

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-04-14 05:16 PM
    i hope they choose MobileIron, because they're in way better shape than BlackBerry [/s]

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    If BlackBerry were to exit hardware and focus exclusively on mdm with their bes install base, enterprise force and billions, I bet Mobile Iron would crap a brick.

Their financials aren't delightful. You can read them here

http://www.streetinsider.com/IPOs/Mobile+Iron,+Inc.+(MOBL)+Files+$100M+IPO/9358182.html

"We have incurred net losses of $25.7 million, $46.5 million and $32.5 million in 2011, 2012 and 2013, respectively."

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 07-05-14 at 07:53 AM.
    moody likes this.
    07-04-14 05:19 PM
    Maybe UPS will keep BES. And as someone said earlier, they can always come back to the hardware once BlackBerry is back where they belong.

07-04-14 09:07 PM
    Maybe UPS will keep BES. And as someone said earlier, they can always come back to the hardware once BlackBerry is back where they belong.

I highly doubt that. If they don't have confidence in BlackBerry in the long term they are going to keep BES either.

07-04-14 10:41 PM
    I highly doubt that. If they don't have confidence in BlackBerry in the long term they are going to keep BES either.
    I reckon BB's BES probably has more of a chance of a standalone profitable future than the handsets. BES has always had a good rep, and it has a sizeable share of that market. Once it becomes capable of managing all platforms, I can see it retaining the customers it has and building out.

That's probably a good thing as I can see (consumer focused) handsets being dropped as BB continue with their stated goal of becoming an enterprise & services company. It's notable that all of the handsets announced for later this year are primarily aimed (IMO) at enterprise/business users - there's nothing for the Z10/Z30 crowd to naturally upgrade to, and BB waving the Amazon Appstore white flag makes me wonder if there ever will be.
    moody likes this.
    07-05-14 02:41 AM
    It seriously sucks.

However, I can't deny that the S5 is an awesome phone. I've had a lot of time to play with it, and it's really sweet.

It's not as good as bb10 for communications, but man, it's a pleasure to use.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:19 AM
    I reckon BB's BES probably has more of a chance of a standalone profitable future than the handsets. BES has always had a good rep, and it has a sizeable share of that market. Once it becomes capable of managing all platforms, I can see it retaining the customers it has and building out.

That's probably a good thing as I can see (consumer focused) handsets being dropped as BB continue with their stated goal of becoming an enterprise & services company. It's notable that all of the handsets announced for later this year are primarily aimed (IMO) at enterprise/business users - there's nothing for the Z10/Z30 crowd to naturally upgrade to, and BB waving the Amazon Appstore white flag makes me wonder if there ever will be.
    I agree that BES is better as a stand alone. Right now it's all part in parcel of company with an unknown long term future. I think that hurts its perceptions.

JeepBB likes this.
    07-06-14 05:08 AM
    That is sad news to hear! My brother is way high up the chain at FedEx and has always had a work issued BB, and they got him a Z10 late last year. I will have to ask him if he knows if they plan on keeping BB around or not. I work in healthcare and we always were a BB company until we decided to go to BYOD, and once that happened, everyone turned in their BB's and either got a android or iPhone. I think only one person kept their BB and 2 other high up managers actually got the Z10. I'm hoping to see BB pull these businesses and average consumers back in.
    Okay. I will start using FedEx rather than UPS then.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 06:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lolololol don't do that! Mama needs a new pair of shoes

FedEx prob already has iphones they aren't cool enough to have ever had BlackBerry

07-06-14 07:21 AM
    If you are actually serious, that's a pretty silly reaction.

07-07-14 10:39 AM
    UPS doesn't run their own cell phone network. They need a US provider. US providers suck at supporting BB. End of story.
    moody likes this.
    07-07-14 02:11 PM
    If you are actually serious, that's a pretty silly reaction.

For me, regardless of who uses BB and who doesn't, if I'm shipping something I use FedEx because they have a hub close to my home. But other than proximity I don't really have a preference. Well, except if I'm shipping a firearm, FedEx is the only one of the two that allows for that...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-07-14 02:40 PM
    I don't get what makes this companies go away from BlackBerry?

Can't be an "app gap" or something like that, because I don't think any company will buy phones for their employees to play "flappy bird" or so...

For example:
    If you compare the iPhone 5s, S5 and the Z30.

Reception, (average) battery life, e-mail integration and server integration is BlackBerry still leading.

They even keep BES - which is made for BlackBerry integration in first place.

Additionally OS10 offers a "private" and "business" mode with balance.

So what has bigger priorities than that for a company like UPS?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:43 PM
    UPS doesn't run their own cell phone network. They need a US provider. US providers suck at supporting BB. End of story.
    The US' biggest carrier which has the best coverage (which should be priority number one for UPS) supports the Z10, Z30, and the Q10. What else would you ask for?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    07-07-14 04:01 PM
    You know, I hadn't thought of that. But they are w/ Verizon, and verizon is only carrier w/ Z30. Unless someone else has it that I'm not aware of.

07-07-14 07:12 PM
    I don't get what makes this companies go away from BlackBerry?
    Fear of company longevity is the big one.

App gap has to be another... just looking at the number of bus apps I need not on BlackBerry

Employee demand is a third

Finally, due to the above, the historical cost of running multiple servers

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-07-14 08:38 PM
311 ... 56789 ...