08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Mercedes Corporate (at least US) is offering BB10 devices and Windows Phones only per someone close to me. He has a 9900 series he needs to upgrade and he is hoping corporate sees him worthy of a BB10.

Thinking about it, I do believe these types of clients are why the Classic now exists.
    06-30-14 12:15 PM
    Have NOT had one single reboot issue on my z10 since I bought it in Dec 2013--NOT ONCE! Using Rogers.
    This doesn't matter. I could say the same thing about the Z10 that I bought in December 2013 (using on T-Mobile US). However, the Z10 that I bought in March 2013 had the reboot issue. The launch time was the time for BlackBerry to impress. While some people didn't have the reboot problem, enough people did for IT managers not to want to deal with it.
    06-30-14 02:10 PM
    Mercedes Corporate (at least US) is offering BB10 devices and Windows Phones only per someone close to me. He has a 9900 series he needs to upgrade and he is hoping corporate sees him worthy of a BB10.

Thinking about it, I do believe these types of clients are why the Classic now exists.
    That's a strange match-up.... don't think either provides a MDM capabilities for the other.
    06-30-14 03:51 PM
    Some companies have been waiting for two years already for BlackBerry. But as others said this might have been in the works for six months or more.

Delay, after delay, after day, then a flubbed launch and a white flag in the way of a for sale sign.....

Add in the need for apps by even some business..... Too late is too late.

Of course if Chen does turn things around, it is possible that a few years from now these companies will be back.

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    You hit the nail on the head here. UPS has probably been deliberating about this and working on some sort of contract deal for months. Probably around the beginning of this year/late 2013. They can't just slam on the breaks after seeing the Passport and say "Wait!" Even if they did do that, it would take months to turn back around and for BB to reap the benefit.

Corporations (especially large ones) can't just do that. They have work through Procurement for contracts, sometimes even the legal department, and then proper change management procedures.
    06-30-14 04:46 PM
    I am surprised UPS chose both Apple and Samsung. That sounds like a management nightmare. I would have figured they would go with one platform.
    moody likes this.
    06-30-14 04:55 PM
    Well here is a perfect example of why corporations should really consider Android phones. Realizing some IT may not allow for apps such as FB on business phones - but some probably do to allow for networking and marketing.

Take a look at permissions you can choose when using FB from BlackBerry world I chose no access to calendar:

Attachment 281688

Now look at what the Android version does to permissions AND they can't be toggled off!!!!:

Attachment 281689

Attachment 281690

Talk about breach of privacy!! If I were Android user i'd pitch a fit..... then run to nearest BlackBerry dealer. LoL

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    06-30-14 05:03 PM
    Talk about breach of privacy!! If I were Android user i'd pitch a fit...
    Your post summarizes perfectly why the Amazon Store partnership creeps me out -- if we're not going to have native apps, I'm left wondering what's the point.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    moody likes this.
    06-30-14 06:35 PM
    BlackBerry 's fault, not even sad about it. They better start their full game now that the company is starting to get better.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 07:00 PM
    A good salesperson could ease the fears and justify lack of apps.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    No one has done this so far.

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    07-01-14 07:39 AM
    That's a strange match-up.... don't think either provides a MDM capabilities for the other.
    Yeah I thought it weird as well, unless the near future release of BES supports Windows phone, I can see Mercedes being on the inside track for BES. I was thinking they'd offer an Apple product, but was surprised when he said Windows.
    07-01-14 09:04 AM
    Well I refuse to use UPS when having anything shipped from the US. Tiered of the UPS tax they charge. I will even go as far as not buying something if the selling refuses to use anything other than UPS.

Not saying I'm affecting UPS profits in the slightest, but I'm doing my part

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    07-01-14 09:08 AM
    Let them burn their fingers. BlackBerry is moving on.
    07-01-14 10:06 AM
    Yeah I thought it weird as well, unless the near future release of BES supports Windows phone, I can see Mercedes being on the inside track for BES. I was thinking they'd offer an Apple product, but was surprised when he said Windows.
    BES12 is suppose to add that capability... maybe Mercedes is a test bed.
    undone likes this.
    07-01-14 11:00 AM
    UPS isn't one of the largest corporate accounts they had it's nowhere near their largest. I don't know why you think it's sad if UPS decides to leave? Fortune 1000 companies do this all the time, it's nothing new. They will change their mind on which devices they want to use next and go with them only to come back to the ones they started with because of the lack of security the competitors offer.
    I absolutely love how BlackBerry faithful downplay it every time that a huge company leaves BlackBerry. This is a big deal and shows that BlackBerry is still bleeding.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    jcbrunson and Moonbase0ne like this.
    07-01-14 11:01 AM
    BlackBerry 's fault, not even sad about it. They better start their full game now that the company is starting to get better.

Posted via CB10
    They're getting better?

07-01-14 11:03 AM
    I've been waiting for BB to bring their A-Game for 3 years now. I reckon the game may be over, and the fans are leaving the stadium.

Yes, there are still some guys sitting in the stands with their giant foam hands waiting for the BB team to show up and play, but the majority of the crowd has moved on, or is in the process of moving on. The stadium BB once owned has been sold and is now leased back in some cash for land deal to make the books look good so they can keep the stadium floodlights on for one more quarter.

There may be less bad press than there once was, but I doubt that's because the company is getting better and is more because the Press Box is empty and the Press have similarly moved on. Printing the same "BB is in-recovery/rebuilding" story every few months rapidly gets old and won't sell newspapers.
    Doggerz likes this.
    07-01-14 12:09 PM
    My company is dropping BlackBerry as well.
    Higher rankings will get the iPhone 6 after the launch, while the rest will have the option to go with a 5s.

BYOD will be supported for BlackBerry and Apple.
    We have a no Android policy in place, which I find highly amusing.
    Same goes for WhatsApp btw. Loading WhatsApp on a corporate owned device is reason enough to get fired.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 12:53 PM
    My company is dropping BlackBerry as well.
    Higher rankings will get the iPhone 6 after the launch, while the rest will have the option to go with a 5s.

BYOD will be supported for BlackBerry and Apple.
    We have a no Android policy in place, which I find highly amusing.
    Same goes for WhatsApp btw. Loading WhatsApp on a corporate owned device is reason enough to get fired.

Posted via CB10
    So your company kind of cares about security and kind of doesn't... interesting...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    07-01-14 12:59 PM
    So your company kind of cares about security and kind of doesn't... interesting...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    You can lock down an iPhone the same way you can lock down a BlackBerry. If you want to.
    You can even manage them from a BES....
    The iPhone also got the FIPS cert, and is allowed to be used by American 3 letter agencies.

I probably fail to see what you mean?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 01:05 PM
    They're getting better?

The company's financial condition is improving; however, revenues continue to deteriorate at an alarming rate. This is in contrast with a couple quarters ago when the financial condition was deteriorating as well as their revenues. So, the trend for Blackberry is improving and it looks like the bottom is nearer and nearer. In absolute terms, the company is still suffering.

I do not foresee a catalyst that will bring Blackberry back to even a fraction of its former glory, though, and hardware may still not survive when the company finally bottoms.
    JeepBB, moody and techvisor like this.
    07-01-14 01:06 PM
    Maybe there isn't one except for active sync. Our company is like that.
    07-01-14 01:53 PM
    The company's financial condition is improving; however, revenues continue to deteriorate at an alarming rate.
    Actually, this past quarter, they were basically flat quarter over quarter. Not great news but better than its been, which is what a lot of people were excited about. They did decline substantially year over year for sure, though in this case, a quarter with a stuffed channel is being compared with a quarter cleaning out a stuffed channel.
    07-01-14 01:55 PM
    Actually, this past quarter, they were basically flat quarter over quarter. Not great news but better than its been, which is what a lot of people were excited about. They did decline substantially year over year for sure, though in this case, a quarter with a stuffed channel is being compared with a quarter cleaning out a stuffed channel.
    Don't forget their goal of selling 10M devices.
    That's not a lot of devices...

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 01:57 PM
    They're getting better?

Enough of the stock market seemed to think so after the last earning's report. Ditto for the press.

I know some are naturally "glass half empty" vs. "Half full" (and sadly around here, some are "everything is awful in every way, all the time and under every circumstance no matter what") ... but acknlowledge that some things absolutely did improve at least. Even if you don't think it's enough.
    07-01-14 01:59 PM
    Enough of the stock market seemed to think so after the last earning's report. Ditto for the press.
    Since I'm a shareholder and former BlackBerry employee I'm well aware of the stock price. It closed at $10.20 which is only an increase of 4.3%. Most of us bought the stock for much more than that so $10.20 is nothing to celebrate.

I know some are naturally "glass half empty" vs. "Half full" (and sadly around here, some are "everything is awful in every way, all the time and under every circumstance no matter what") ... but acknlowledge that some things absolutely did improve at least. Even if you don't think it's enough.
    Half full would imply that my stock is worth half of what is was when I purchased it. It isn't.

I will acknowledge that this past quarter wasn't as bad as others. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited by crazigee; 07-01-14 at 05:04 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-01-14 04:12 PM
311 ... 45678 ...