08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I hope so. Not for me but for BlackBerry. They need a stronger hold here in the USA, imo.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    06-29-14 05:28 PM
    Honestly with BES as a fantastic multiplatform security suite losing hardware accounts shouldnt mean the end. They certainly need to go after the device management side if that is not BES. That way it doesnt matter what phone they approve as it will still get BB some good $$$ hopefully.
    06-29-14 05:38 PM
    I work for a Global financial services company and we're switching to corporate issued iPhone's and BYOD Support for Samsung S5, BlackBerry not supported as they never provided their API's to other EMM's until a few weeks ago when they announced that they were opening BlackBerry management to other EMM such as AirWatch, Citrix and IBM. My company has been working on this switch for over 18 months I'm sure other companies fall in the same category and you'll hear more companies switching to other platforms and this why BlackBerry finally realized that they had to open up their devices to other EMM Platforms. Not all is lost, still many companies sticking with BlackBerry. Hopefully Citrix will add BlackBerry devices to their EMM support but until then I will be a iPhone users for business and a BlackBerry Z30 for personal use, now that sounds strange.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    06-29-14 07:01 PM
    ...but until then I will be a iPhone users for business and a BlackBerry Z30 for personal use, now that sounds strange.
    Hah! Yeah, not what we've been used to hearing.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    06-29-14 08:07 PM
    My husband said most of his co-workers will probably go for the S5 because it's water resistant and they don't want to have to get an itunes acct. But I told him I'd think iPhone w/ itunes would be less vulnerable than Samsung w/ Google. But that's just my opinion.

I just don't see how UPS, especially execs, who prob are always in meetings, using presentations could overlook the new bb10 OS.

And if BlackBerry had a corp sales team worth it's weight in salt, UPS would be excited to "move foward" w/ BlackBerry.

I'm just smh over it.

Posted via CB10
    Alright, let's not kid ourselves. The S5 is not all that water resistant. Like Any other device that gets wet for a few seconds, it may not damage the device. Let it drop in water for a minute or two then get it and see the difference. The device can only stay wet or submerged for such a period of time. BS sales gimmick, if you ask me.
    06-29-14 08:34 PM
    My company also is dropping BB for Iphone and Samsung. I wish BB could back to my company. *pray*
    06-29-14 08:55 PM
    Are you talking about the main hubs and not the centers surrounding? In my little hub/center, everyone uses an iPhone or an Android device.
    06-29-14 08:59 PM
    Are you talking about the main hubs and not the centers surrounding? In my little hub/center, everyone uses an iPhone or an Android device.
    I'm talking any supervisor and up regardless if they are in a hub or center.

What state are you in?

06-29-14 09:15 PM
    Missouri.
    06-29-14 09:33 PM
    Hubby & son in Georgia.

Hubby is automotive mgr and son in pre-load.

What division are you?

06-29-14 09:38 PM
    Alright, let's not kid ourselves. The S5 is not all that water resistant. Like Any other device that gets wet for a few seconds, it may not damage the device. Let it drop in water for a minute or two then get it and see the difference. The device can only stay wet or submerged for such a period of time. BS sales gimmick, if you ask me.
    It's supposed to be able to remain submerged for like 10 minutes or more... I think there are a lot of gimmicks out there, but making the phone water resistant isn't one of them. I wish BB would do the same, so we won't have to worry about one accident causing us to lose all of our data...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-29-14 09:54 PM
    Canon just left bes for Airwatch Corp issued iPhone and byod will only allow android and iPhone. Android users are forced to use touchdown which is password protected so you have to enter a password to unlock your device and another password to access email. Not productive if you ask me.
    06-29-14 10:22 PM
    Yeah, that would get on my nerves. I don't have my devices password protected b/c it's such a pain having to enter it every time I need to access.

And I figure no one will steal them since they are "BlackBerry's". LOL

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 10:28 PM
    To me this is why focusing on the prosumer still requires consumer hardware that creates desire. Will they be continuing with BES for MDM?
    06-29-14 11:22 PM
    Have to say that I don't really understand why UPS decided to drop blackberry, but this is a decision that wasn't made without doing their due diligence. Probably boils down to applications... Who knows!

Side note: I absolutely love fingerprint unlocking on my iPhone. It works amazing. Hope that technology makes it's way to a blackberry soon.
    Last edited by sallenthornton; 06-29-14 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Who knows?
    06-29-14 11:42 PM
    Some people are blaming the wireless carriers, that's wrong. The bottom line is it's on Blackberry. They need to take ownership of their product, particularly how it performs.
    As I said earlier there has been uncertainity for quite sometime with Blackberry and until they can show stability and a long term future stories like this will continue.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-30-14 12:33 AM
    Yeah, that would get on my nerves. I don't have my devices password protected b/c it's such a pain having to enter it every time I need to access.

And I figure no one will steal them since they are "BlackBerry's". LOL

Posted via CB10
    IPhone Touch Id. What a great efficiency tool for password protected devices. Users love that feature.
    06-30-14 04:39 AM
    Here's another blow for Blackberry. the U.S. Postal Service is starting to offer the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy as part of their mobile update program. We still have the option of the Z10, or Q10, depending on what carrier we are with, but most of my contacts have chosen the iPhone or Samsung over the blackberries. Just about every manager in the postal service has a blackberry, so that is a lot of phones...
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    06-30-14 04:53 AM
    I'd venture to say UPS had to be one of the largest, if not THE largest USA corporate account they had.
    UPS isn't one of the largest corporate accounts they had it's nowhere near their largest. I don't know why you think it's sad if UPS decides to leave? Fortune 1000 companies do this all the time, it's nothing new. They will change their mind on which devices they want to use next and go with them only to come back to the ones they started with because of the lack of security the competitors offer.
    06-30-14 05:18 AM
    feel so sorry for Blackberry
    06-30-14 06:19 AM
    UPS isn't one of the largest corporate accounts they had it's nowhere near their largest. I don't know why you think it's sad if UPS decides to leave? Fortune 1000 companies do this all the time, it's nothing new. They will change their mind on which devices they want to use next and go with them only to come back to the ones they started with because of the lack of security the competitors offer.
    First of all I said maybe largest in the "USA".

And I said that based on the fact that UPS is ranked #50 in Fortune 500.

http://fortune.com/fortune500/genera...ric-company-9/

GE is ranked #9 so UPS isn't the largest - hence why I said "maybe".

But beings Apple is ranked #5 .......

Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-30-14 06:43 AM
    Meh, it's sad. But BB has to continue moving forward. Companies are like consumer they have a choice. They move on to the other phones. It will work good and bad. Then they'll make decisions about getting a new phone or sticking with the old ones. It goes in cycle. I heard BB was going away by people who has a family member working in IT for a company or corporation 5 years ago. Then heard 4 years ago, then 3, then 2, then last year. Why haven't they gone? They don't want to answer.
    06-30-14 06:54 AM
    Honestly with BES as a fantastic multiplatform security suite losing hardware accounts shouldnt mean the end. They certainly need to go after the device management side if that is not BES. That way it doesnt matter what phone they approve as it will still get BB some good $$$ hopefully.
    Hard for most of us to be excited about BES alone.....

And to be honest.... I'm not sure BES without Blackberry hardware is nearly as profitable as it once was for BlackBerry. Today they are having to be competitive on prices ($19 for a license for BB10 devices - free license exchanges), where once they got whatever they wanted. How much do they have to payout in licensing fees for Android and iOS device management? Once they get Windows device management, will they also have to pay a license fee for it too? What are their cost - vs what they can charge and be competitive with other MDM suppliers. How well does BES work with other platforms?

Of the $500 Million they currently report for "Services"... how much of that is even BES related? I imagine that fees collected from carriers for BIS and BESX devices is by far the majority of that revenue at the moment. What is the future growth potential of BES... without hardware?

I really think that initially Chen with his background probable wanted to drop hardware and focus on Services. Bu I think once he got into how BlackBerry works, he figured out that BES without hardware is not strong enough yet to support the company, yet. Thus he has really gotten behind the hardware business - well at least the QWERTY devices.

Personally I knew of a number of BESX installations back before the launch, that at least BlackBerry got something from the carriers. Most had switched to other devices and other ways of managing those devices even before the launch - remember at the time BBOS was WAY behind the other platforms. Most of those other MDM options were free options that allowed very limited account management - nothing like BESX. I think if BlackBerry had offered the $19 license back before the launch of BB10 that might have kept a few of those companies. But going forward, I image that MDM is only going to continue to become a very crowded and difficult place for someone without a clear advantage. Microsoft is certainly expanding their capabilities for Windows Devices along with others. Google has free basic device management tools already for business with hosted paid email accounts, will they expand those with Android L? Apple is turning an eye to enterprise (as they are already the leader in enterprise), how hard would it be for them to expand their Cloud Services into a MDM system?

Governments and regulated industries - BES has the edge for now, even without hardware. But the landscape maybe very different in two years......
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    06-30-14 08:21 AM
    Isn't this what it takes to change a company, though? Don't you have to lose an account like UPS before you really take notice of the prevailing winds? People - we just got 10.2.1 this year in the spring! And most of us agree that this is what BB10 should have been at launch. Blackberry absolutely cannot sit back on their "enterprise clients" laurels if they expect to stay in the game. Prove that your OS is better than the rest, that your security is better than the rest, and that your devices are better than the rest. I really don't think BB can make that case today. And if they can't, smart and efficient companies like UPS will move on until BB takes notice. I agree with another post earlier - the business is not permanently lost. Resolve to retake UPS as a large scale customer.
    moody, mornhavon and RH1Pearl like this.
    06-30-14 08:42 AM
    i dont think its a big deal. we need to realize that BB no longer wants to manuf phones. thats why they signed up w/ foxconn, amazon for apps, layed of devs, etc... their BES services manage ALL phones... looks like majority prefer the toys over our powerhouse phones..
    with that said, i wouldnt take these things to heart, too much.
    06-30-14 09:57 AM
311 ... 34567 ...