08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 ... 23456 ...
tools
    This has been slowly happening to the company I work since BB10 launched.

I handed out 10 z10 and 8 were returned for OS7 phones, now iphones. Lack of features and reboots ruined its image with my company. I even put leaked OS's on the phones to try to get people to see the beauty of BB10 but that didn't help and I also was not going to wipe every phone weekly to give someone a leaked, untested OS.. I thank AT&T for their LOVELY help killing BB If only they would have released updates for the phones maybe my company would still be 100% BB.

Was sad to tell people look at this new OS.. they added this this that this this and that! "OMG its awesome, when do i get the update?"...... I have no idea when AT&T will release the update.... If you want I can WIPE your phone and put this leaked version on it...

Sorry to rant.
    Almost makes you wonder if it was intentional on AT&T's part, doesn't it...
    06-29-14 05:21 AM
    I got my personal Z30 a few months ago. I have an iPhone 4S from the company, and now I can't believe one would prefer an iPhone over a Z30! Much better and bigger display, and the Z30 is very solid (apps and device wise).
    Sometimes, the executives do not tell their workers all the story behind such a switch.
    06-29-14 07:13 AM
    I think @SplatHead probably hit the nail on the head.... LoL no pun intended.

But the point is I wouldn't be liking my bb's either if I didn't learn how to load leaks. Because I would have never gotten carrier updates. Or at least would have only gotten 2 in the last year.

One of the reasons hubby said they were phasing out is the number of defective hand sets they had to deal with. He's had his 9900 replaced three times in the last two years. If a company the size of UPS is having to go through the hassle of returning defects for even just 2 or 3 ppl per hub, that's 1000's a year.

Probably most of those were actually software related issues but affecting hardware as I have found to be the case w/ speakers, headphones & bluetooth & hot spot issues.

Carriers not willing to push updates quickly hurts too.

IT just doesn't have time for all that I'm sure.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-14 07:25 AM
    I think @SplatHead probably hit the nail on the head.... LoL no pun intended.

But the point is I wouldn't be liking my bb's either if I didn't learn how to load leaks. Because I would have never gotten carrier updates. Or at least would have only gotten 2 in the last year.

One of the reasons hubby said they were phasing out is the number of defective hand sets they had to deal with. He's had his 9900 replaced three times in the last two years. If a company the size of UPS is having to go through the hassle of returning defects for even just 2 or 3 ppl per hub, that's 1000's a year.

Probably most of those were actually software related issues but affecting hardware as I have found to be the case w/ speakers, headphones & bluetooth & hot spot issues.

Carriers not willing to push updates quickly hurts too.

IT just doesn't have time for all that I'm sure.

Nothing like digging your own grave.
    06-29-14 08:02 AM
    I handed out 10 z10 and 8 were returned for OS7 phones, now iphones. Lack of features and reboots ruined its image with my company. I even put leaked OS's on the phones to try to get people to see the beauty of BB10 but that didn't help and I also was not going to wipe every phone weekly to give someone a leaked, untested OS.. I thank AT&T for their LOVELY help killing BB If only they would have released updates for the phones maybe ...
    Ah, yes; the reboots. I loved my Z10 enough that I overlooked the reboots. To make sure the damn thing didn't have a seizure in the middle of something important, I rebooted the phone myself -- every night.

I phoned AT&T regularly to hound them about the OS update. Every time I called, I got a different answer, nearly each of which reflected ignorance of and indifference to BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, and the importance of the update.

Yes, THANK YOU, AT&T... I actually got my Z30 from ShopBlackBerry in no small part BECAUSE I had given up on the idea of ever getting 10.2 from AT&T. I guess I owe them for that... -- the Z30 is fantastic. It's everything the Z10 should have been.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    MidnightSociety and moody like this.
    06-29-14 08:22 AM
    No one thinks about security until something goes wrong...

Posted via CB10
    mnc76 likes this.
    06-29-14 09:58 AM
    I love how people on here deflect Blackberry's shortcomings on to its partners. The entire debacle I would characterize as more than 75% Blackberry's fault. AT&T (and Verizon) did not plague their Z10s with bugs so that the lackluster sales would be even more lackluster than it already is. No major OEM to my memory has even had such severe product launch issues so the carriers likely did not anticipate the required support.

Not only that, the Z10's small userbase is now swamping their technical support and demanding attention. And instead of fans being thankful for the carrier for carrying a niche product, the carrier receives tons of flack. "Why is my Z10 not receiving an update?!" when their flagship Android is waiting on an update as well.

Hence, why nobody wants anything to do with Blackberry. From the carriers' perspective, Blackberry is plagued with incompetent management and overtly entitled customers.
    06-29-14 10:15 AM
    Wow. People really need to read this article!
    06-29-14 10:33 AM
    Based on the above link, I do wonder if consumers merely attack and try to hack Apple just because, i.e. attacking what they perceive as the masses. Thus inflicting as much damage as possible...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-29-14 10:40 AM
    Yes, every phone company should just make identical phones and screw all of us who don't care about jumping on bandwagons and actually want keyboards because it's what works best for us. Screw us right?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    I didn't mean that at all. I meant that most people want all touch. The physical keyboard crowd is very small. You must admit that. So what I was saying is they could still make physical keyboard devices for the crowd that demands it, but focus more on all touch devices going forward. I never said screw physical keyboard fans.
    06-29-14 10:41 AM
    I love how people on here deflect Blackberry's shortcomings on to its partners. The entire debacle I would characterize as more than 75% Blackberry's fault. AT&T (and Verizon) did not plague their Z10s with bugs so that the lackluster sales would be even more lackluster than it already is. No major OEM to my memory has even had such severe product launch issues so the carriers likely did not anticipate the required support.

Not only that, the Z10's small userbase is now swamping their technical support and demanding attention. And instead of fans being thankful for the carrier for carrying a niche product, the carrier receives tons of flack. "Why is my Z10 not receiving an update?!" when their flagship Android is waiting on an update as well.

Hence, why nobody wants anything to do with Blackberry. From the carriers' perspective, Blackberry is plagued with incompetent management and overtly entitled customers.
    Really? And yet my Z10 on Rogers which I've had since Feb 2013 hasn't had any of those issues and it has received all the OS updates as soon as they were released by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 10:41 AM
    Have NOT had one single reboot issue on my z10 since I bought it in Dec 2013--NOT ONCE! Using Rogers.
    06-29-14 10:44 AM
    Nah, AT&T have been one of the few US carriers that don't really seem like they have it out for BB. I still see active Q10's and Z10's in their stores, and I remember when they first came out they advertised them quite a bit. Every AT&T ad for smartphones would have at least one BB10 device among the group of smartphones they showed. AT&T is just really slow with updates. My friend with an Android says that they take forever with Android updates as well, so he just downloads them himself like we do with leaks... It's not a huge issue with Android since it's already a mature platform, but it was a big issue with BB10 since it was literally missing features, so their delay for updates affected BB10's image more than it did Android... But I don't think it was intentional...
    moody and Bobert_123 like this.
    06-29-14 10:49 AM
    I didn't mean that at all. I meant that most people want all touch. The physical keyboard crowd is very small. You must admit that. So what I was saying is they could still make physical keyboard devices for the crowd that demands it, but focus more on all touch devices going forward. I never said screw physical keyboard fans.
    While that's true by itself, it has no affect on BlackBerry. People hear the name BlackBerry they already think it is "uncool" and will not consider it. Nothing to do with keyboard or all-touch. BB already has more all-touch devices than keyboard devices, so under that logic, they should be doing pretty well now, but the fact is, it's the stigma behind their name that is hurting them, not the form factor.

Edit: And to further my point, a lot of my friends come to me for advice on getting new phones. You won't believe how many of them tell me straight up that they do not like to type on glass and how they prefer a keyboard. But then when they come back with the new phone, it's whatever's the newest Samsung or iPhone, and their reasoning is almost always the same "oh, that's what they say is the most popular phone right now." So in the end, it just boils down to getting whatever's "cool" so they can fit in. I mean, didn't you read the front page article on facebook's experiment? Pretty much proves the whole herd mentality I've always spoke of... It really doesn't matter what BB makes. It could be the worst phone or the best phone, keyboard or all touch, people will still buy Samsung and Apple...
    Last edited by slagman5; 06-29-14 at 11:34 AM.
    06-29-14 10:53 AM
    No one thinks about security until something goes wrong...

Posted via CB10
    Totally true but people haven't switched to BB so I'm wondering if people are really having security problems.
    06-29-14 11:52 AM
    I'm willing to bet it still won't help them deliver my packages any better lol.
    06-29-14 11:57 AM
    LoL I'll pass this along

06-29-14 12:04 PM
    Maybe if they switch to the Amazon Phone.
    06-29-14 01:21 PM
    This has been slowly happening to the company I work since BB10 launched.

I handed out 10 z10 and 8 were returned for OS7 phones, now iphones. Lack of features and reboots ruined its image with my company. I even put leaked OS's on the phones to try to get people to see the beauty of BB10 but that didn't help and I also was not going to wipe every phone weekly to give someone a leaked, untested OS.. I thank AT&T for their LOVELY help killing BB If only they would have released updates for the phones maybe my company would still be 100% BB.

Was sad to tell people look at this new OS.. they added this this that this this and that! "OMG its awesome, when do i get the update?"...... I have no idea when AT&T will release the update.... If you want I can WIPE your phone and put this leaked version on it...

Sorry to rant.
    You put a leaked, untested OS on company phones just to get others to "see the beauty " of BB10. If you had done this where I work, you would have been fired. Unbelievable. If the leaked OS caused a security breach or bricked the phone were you willing to take responsibility and pay the damages?

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-29-14 01:41 PM
    This makes perfect sense.

As much as we'd like to believe otherwise, BlackBerry is incredibly niche and it makes UPS to standardize on devices that a majority of mobile developers are familiar with, most business tools are written for, and their own apps are written for. They're not in a heavily regulated market so I doubt that security is #1 on their mind, either.
    06-29-14 01:47 PM
    I would just think someone at BlackBerry would be all over fortune 500 companies to keep them. b/c I bet most have or use to have BlackBerry.
    I don't think the issue is BlackBerry not talking to them but rather fear over BlackBerry's longevity and/or app availability.
    06-29-14 03:02 PM
    I don't think the issue is BlackBerry not talking to them but rather fear over BlackBerry's longevity and/or app availability.
    A good salesperson could ease the fears and justify lack of apps.

06-29-14 03:08 PM
    Exactly. These giant companies move very slowly. This rule about not adding any new devices to our BES was written during the "for sale" period but didn't actually go into effect until a few months ago. That's how it works.

So if/when BB strings a few positive quarters together and prove that they are viable, it may take another 6 months or more to get companies to shift back. It's not like the consumer market which moves much more quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-29-14 03:28 PM
    A good salesperson could ease the fears and justify lack of apps.

I don't know. I've worked with some great ones and I think they'd have a tall order here. It's ultimately up to Chen... show profit, show growth, show differentiation and fill the enterprise app gap at least

Posted via CB10
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    06-29-14 04:21 PM
    I guess they will be back...sooner than they think...
    06-29-14 04:29 PM
311 ... 23456 ...