08-24-14 09:03 PM
311 12345 ...
tools
    GE is NOT dropping BES or BES10 how do I know..I'm the MDM manager for BES at GE. This is how BS rumors get started....the service of BES 10 is growing by leaps and bounds. Let's try to stay factual. These Lil birdies need to come forward so I can correct them. Just because we offer more choices doesn't mean we are dropping anything

#factcheck needed I see.

Posted via CB10
    I wish this wasn't true for UPS but it is. I know hubby told me last year that upper management had already switched to iphones. And now they are switching everyone else.
    06-28-14 09:11 PM
    People still use UPS? One of the worst shipping companies in Canada anyways. Our company kicked them to the curb years ago with their rip off rates and damaged freight almost daily.
    06-28-14 09:14 PM
    Yeah its just people.being emotional looking at commercials and such. The mobile space runs in cycles. Those who were early adopted iPhones are starting to.come back. Those who never sniffed one on the enterprise are coming to them and then the cycle will repeat.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 09:15 PM
    It's their loss, they will live to regret, one more hacking and all hell will break loose.Don't say you were not warned. Iphones are the easiest phones to hack!
    06-28-14 09:21 PM
    So I just got clarity from hubby. He said UPS has a portal for employees to log in to check upgrade eligibility. When you are eligible you have 2 choices. IPhone or samsung. BlackBerry is no longer in the list. He said last year q10 was on the list. He doesn't know when q10 was removed.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    06-28-14 09:24 PM
    So I just got clarity from hubby. He said UPS has a portal for employees to log in to check upgrade eligibility. When you are eligible you have 2 choices. IPhone or samsung. BlackBerry is no longer in the list. He said last year q10 was on the list. He doesn't know when q10 was removed.

I have a feeling once the classic comes out there will be that one guy with clout who is going to want it and it will be back on the portal. I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    moody and peter0328 like this.
    06-28-14 09:29 PM
    I have a feeling once the classic comes out there will be that one guy with clout who is going to want it and it will be back on the portal. I wouldn't worry about it.

Posted via CB10
    That would be awesome!!

And wow I'm impressed the i.t. Guy for GE is here in this thread!! That's so cool!

What division?

06-28-14 09:51 PM
    I think we need to crowd fund a hacker to breach these companies and entire platforms even...
    Nice. It's a felony, of course, but why let that stop you.

Someone needs to email Chen and let him know ASAP so he can book the flight for Monday. I would but I am studying for exams..
    I'm beginning to believe that some of you expect him to put on a cape and fly himself to UPS headquarters

People still use UPS? One of the worst shipping companies in Canada anyways. Our company kicked them to the curb years ago with their rip off rates and damaged freight almost daily.
    Step 1: Try to demean the entity that is making the switch. If it's an employee, point out how useless they were so it's no big loss. If it's a company, just point out how much they suck so it's no surprise that they made a bad decision. [check]
    Last edited by early2bed; 06-28-14 at 10:19 PM.
    06-28-14 10:09 PM
    06-28-14 10:17 PM
    I think we need to crowd fund a hacker to breach these companies and entire platforms even...
    That sounds like something Samsung would do.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-28-14 10:21 PM
    That would be awesome!!

And wow I'm impressed the i.t. Guy for GE is here in this thread!! That's so cool!

What division?

GE Corporate

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 10:22 PM
    Big companies don't have totally centralized decisions. I work for a very large company, and our phone purchase portal (from Verizon) does not list BB anymore. And HQ staff where I work are not allowed to add new devices to BES. People who got their devices in before that rule went into effect are still supported.

However, I know in our retail branches in Europe, employees can very easily get Bolds through their portal. And they are even continuing their small BB10 pilot. So these are giant companies where one person's story may not tell the story for the whole company.
    06-28-14 10:28 PM
    Big companies don't have totally centralized decisions. I work for a very large company, and our phone purchase portal (from Verizon) does not list BB anymore. And HQ staff where I work are not allowed to add new devices to BES. People who got their devices in before that rule went into effect are still supported.

However, I know in our retail branches in Europe, employees can very easily get Bolds through their portal. And they are even continuing their small BB10 pilot. So these are giant companies where one person's story may not tell the story for the whole company.
    At had the same issue with the Verizon VEC site. Had to get VzW to add it back in. SMH

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 10:32 PM
    GE is NOT dropping BES or BES10 how do I know..I'm the MDM manager for BES at GE.
    Ooh. Facts. Nice... Thanks!

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    rav813 and MidnightSociety like this.
    06-29-14 12:13 AM
    It feels a little slimy to say but I hope there's lot's of breaching for non blackberry companies.
    There haven't been any yet that I've ever heard about and this trend is not new. It's now been going on for over a year. As soon as I setup my work email on my android it automaticly locks the phone with a 6 digit pin and if you put the wrong pin in more than 5 or 6 times you phone is fully locked. The timeout for the lock is less then a min of inactivity. I think you can safely say over a year plus and nothing in the news that Android and iPhone have been proven to be safe "enough". Is BB safer? Yes. Has it made a difference? I'd say for most companies no.
    06-29-14 12:36 AM
    It's their loss, they will live to regret, one more hacking and all hell will break loose.Don't say you were not warned. Iphones are the easiest phones to hack!
    You my friend don't have a any idea what you speak of.

iPhone and iPad as amazing instances of applied cryptography | iMore

"Following the publication of Apple's absolutely stellar iOS Security white paper in February, Steve Gibson of the TWiT network's Security Now! show spent three episodes going through it, providing extra explanation and context. Gibson was incredibly impressed by the iOS Security white paper, and by Apple's security implementation in general, calling it "amazing" many times over, especially the Apple A7 and its secure enclave. he also widely praised Apple's choices for the crypto they implemented, and especially how user- and privacy-focused their choices were."
    06-29-14 12:48 AM
    This has nothing to do with the iPhone. The problem was with MobileIron.
    "Aviva was using BYOD service MobileIron" This is like blaming Dell Computers for a virus that got in because the admin didn't patch Windows. Microsoft would be to blame not Dell.
    06-29-14 12:53 AM
    This is very sad. I also love BlackBerry and the BB10 devices. I am glad that I have a few Z10's and Z30's because I keep fearing that Blackberry's days are coming to an end. Look at the two new devices they just announced. Nobody outside of the diehard CrackBerry or BlackBerry family is going to want these. Corporations are fleeing BlackBerry and the phones that people want are not only iphone and android but are all touch. Shouldn't that be telling BlackBerry something about physical keyboard phones??
    Yes, every phone company should just make identical phones and screw all of us who don't care about jumping on bandwagons and actually want keyboards because it's what works best for us. Screw us right?

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-29-14 01:06 AM
    BlackBerry is reaping what they planted over the past two years.

Words from a new CEO is not going to turn the tide.

JC still doesn't get BYOD and his pushing of physical keyboard phones. In the U.S. You have none in the stores and none officially announced so companies are dumping BlackBerry.

Seems odd they dump BlackBerry after JC shows off only keyboard phones. Last straw? Tired of waiting?

Yep...

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    Yes, I'm sure when they showed off the Z30 it made all of these companies consider BB again... Oh wait, that didn't happen. I guess it is just the stigma behind the name and nothing to do with the form factor...

moody likes this.
    06-29-14 01:08 AM
    You my friend don't have a any idea what you speak of.

iPhone and iPad as amazing instances of applied cryptography | iMore

"Following the publication of Apple's absolutely stellar iOS Security white paper in February, Steve Gibson of the TWiT network's Security Now! show spent three episodes going through it, providing extra explanation and context. Gibson was incredibly impressed by the iOS Security white paper, and by Apple's security implementation in general, calling it "amazing" many times over, especially the Apple A7 and its secure enclave. he also widely praised Apple's choices for the crypto they implemented, and especially how user- and privacy-focused their choices were."
    Lol, Steve Gibson of the TWiT network... :-D

I'm a child, I know...

06-29-14 01:15 AM
    Companies don't like uncertainty and right now is an uncertain time for Blackberry. Cost seems to be more paramount than security in the corp world now.
    milo53 likes this.
    06-29-14 01:22 AM
    Sorry double post (deleted)
    Last edited by klobb; 06-29-14 at 02:11 AM.
    06-29-14 01:59 AM
    After 2 year contract, iPhone is more valuable than BlackBerry, so UPS can sell those old iPhone to buy new ones.

From other hand employers will be more happy with iPhone than BlackBerry, at least there are studies showing this

Q10
    06-29-14 02:10 AM
    This has been slowly happening to the company I work since BB10 launched.

I handed out 10 z10 and 8 were returned for OS7 phones, now iphones. Lack of features and reboots ruined its image with my company. I even put leaked OS's on the phones to try to get people to see the beauty of BB10 but that didn't help and I also was not going to wipe every phone weekly to give someone a leaked, untested OS.. I thank AT&T for their LOVELY help killing BB If only they would have released updates for the phones maybe my company would still be 100% BB.

Was sad to tell people look at this new OS.. they added this this that this this and that! "OMG its awesome, when do i get the update?"...... I have no idea when AT&T will release the update.... If you want I can WIPE your phone and put this leaked version on it...

Sorry to rant.
    milo53, moody, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    06-29-14 02:13 AM
    This kind of news makes me angry at the previous management.

They were in many ways, incompetent
    06-29-14 05:13 AM
311 12345 ...