08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 1234 ...
tools
    I'm working in the Netherlands and in our company only a few thousand have a phone from there work we also in the communication business.

Best protected phone is still blackberry with BES ,also the German goverment knows this because they kick out everything that is from the US, also the UK goverment, Danish goverment , France goverment etc working with Blackberry.
    moody likes this.
    06-28-14 03:00 PM
    What really matters is whether they will use BES10/12 to manage those devices. They can change their handset options fairly easily (and they break, need upgrading, etc), but not their choice of MDM system, which is usually more permanent (and really telling about the effectiveness of what John Chen has been focusing on).

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and highos like this.
    06-28-14 03:02 PM
    check fact #1 why Blackberry is the best for big companies who cares about data protection

BlackBerry Fact Check #1: The Leader in Enterprise Mobility Management - BlackBerry Empire
    06-28-14 03:20 PM
    Don't have to convince me. LOL I wish I knew who to send that link to at UPS. But if I did, then I'd want commission for saving the account

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-28-14 03:24 PM
    Fedex upgraded to BB10 about 6 months ago. I have family in exec roles. That is in Canada not sure about US.

Posted via CB10
    moody and theRock1975 like this.
    06-28-14 03:28 PM
    What really matters is whether they will use BES10/12 to manage those devices. They can change their handset options fairly easily (and they break, need upgrading, etc), but not their choice of MDM system, which is usually more permanent (and really telling about the effectiveness of what John Chen has been focusing on).

Posted via CB10
    The likelihood is that if they're dropping BlackBerry entirely, they're not going with BES 10/12. Which means they're going with something like Good or MobileIron.

I hope for the sake of their IT staff that they're not doing MobileIron, since that's the one that got hacked at Aviva last week...

All that aside, BlackBerry has been a company in decline for the past few years. Many, many businesses still use legacy BBOS devices on BES servers, and have been waiting to see how viable BlackBerry will remain before migrating to a new platform. Obviously, UPS decided to go another way, and seeing that BlackBerry is just starting to turn the corner now, I can understand (even if I'm not happy about it).

Business that is lost can be won back. BlackBerry just has to keep making its recovery happen and they'll get it back.
    moody, sentimentGX4 and techvisor like this.
    06-28-14 03:30 PM
    This is very sad. I also love BlackBerry and the BB10 devices. I am glad that I have a few Z10's and Z30's because I keep fearing that Blackberry's days are coming to an end. Look at the two new devices they just announced. Nobody outside of the diehard CrackBerry or BlackBerry family is going to want these. Corporations are fleeing BlackBerry and the phones that people want are not only iphone and android but are all touch. Shouldn't that be telling BlackBerry something about physical keyboard phones??
    06-28-14 03:32 PM
    That is sad news to hear! My brother is way high up the chain at FedEx and has always had a work issued BB, and they got him a Z10 late last year. I will have to ask him if he knows if they plan on keeping BB around or not. I work in healthcare and we always were a BB company until we decided to go to BYOD, and once that happened, everyone turned in their BB's and either got a android or iPhone. I think only one person kept their BB and 2 other high up managers actually got the Z10. I'm hoping to see BB pull these businesses and average consumers back in.
    Fedex upgraded to BB10 about 6 months ago. I have family in exec roles. That is in Canada not sure about US.

Posted via CB10
    I have a relative that works for FedEx here in the US and his department upgraded to BlackBerry devices a few years back after years of using outdated push-to-talk devices (The push-to-talk feature was a necessary feature given the nature of the department he works in, now they just BBM each other.). He started out with a Bold 9900 and several months ago got upgraded to the Z10. At the time he got the 9900, he said that the iPhone and the various Android devices lacked the security features they needed as well as it integration with the company intranet, which BB had.
    06-28-14 03:40 PM
    It's too late to get them back. Many companies started the switch over when Thor put the company up for sale.
    It's true. My former employer also began the process of ditching BlackBerry for iPhones over a year ago. For a company the size of UPS -- and my former employer -- a changeover like that isn't something you can undertake (or, sadly, stop) without heroic effort.

It's easy for me to look back and see how "it seemed like the thing to do at the time;" BlackBerry had really bungled the BlackBerry 10 device and OS rollout, and the the now-obvious fact that "iPhone" and "corporate security" wasn't so clear.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    06-28-14 03:46 PM
    You'd think they'd at least wait till Sep/Nov. with new devices imminent, why not wait...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    06-28-14 03:57 PM
    It's true. My former employer also began the process of ditching BlackBerry for iPhones over a year ago. For a company the size of UPS -- and my former employer -- a changeover like that isn't something you can undertake (or, sadly, stop) without heroic effort.

It's easy for me to look back and see how "it seemed like the thing to do at the time;" BlackBerry had really bungled the BlackBerry 10 device and OS rollout, and the the now-obvious fact that "iPhone" and "corporate security" wasn't so clear.

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    I'm curious. What did your employer change to? Did they just dump BES entirely and let users add their Exchange accounts to their own iPhones?

That is actually a viable (and cheap) solution for small companies, and many smaller BES shops are going that way. Bigger companies need actual MDM ("Mobile Device Management") or EMM ("Enterprise Mobility Management" as BlackBerry seems to be referring to it).
    06-28-14 03:57 PM
    BlackBerry is reaping what they planted over the past two years.

Words from a new CEO is not going to turn the tide.

JC still doesn't get BYOD and his pushing of physical keyboard phones. In the U.S. You have none in the stores and none officially announced so companies are dumping BlackBerry.

Seems odd they dump BlackBerry after JC shows off only keyboard phones. Last straw? Tired of waiting?

Yep...

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    lift likes this.
    06-28-14 04:18 PM
    You'd think they'd at least wait till Sep/Nov. with new devices imminent, why not wait...

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    Some companies have been waiting for two years already for BlackBerry. But as others said this might have been in the works for six months or more.

Delay, after delay, after day, then a flubbed launch and a white flag in the way of a for sale sign.....

Add in the need for apps by even some business..... Too late is too late.

Of course if Chen does turn things around, it is possible that a few years from now these companies will be back.

Posted via Android CrackBerry App
    kbz1960 and techvisor like this.
    06-28-14 04:24 PM
    At my company we have always issued BlackBerrys on BES for work devices. I never used a work issued one as I had my own Curve, Bold and now Z10. Then a few years ago we rolled out our BYOD program with Good and guess what..personal BlackBerry devices not supported! So here we are today still giving out legacy BlackBerrys and we have a BYOD program which will not allow us to use our personal BlackBerry..which btw will run the Android Good app. Crazy.

Z10
    06-28-14 05:00 PM
    My husband said most of his co-workers will probably go for the S5 because it's water resistant and they don't want to have to get an itunes acct. But I told him I'd think iPhone w/ itunes would be less vulnerable than Samsung w/ Google. But that's just my opinion.

I just don't see how UPS, especially execs, who prob are always in meetings, using presentations could overlook the new bb10 OS.

And if BlackBerry had a corp sales team worth it's weight in salt, UPS would be excited to "move foward" w/ BlackBerry.

I'm just smh over it.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 05:20 PM
    Chen should fly down and visit UPS immediately. Chen should meet with UPS Execs, show them BES10 and personally demonstrate the new BlackBerry Passport or BB Classic. Win them over Chen, at least show them what BES 10 can do!!! This is a big account. Imagine how Blackberry would be looked upon if UPS changes their mind and the in roads Blackberry could make in the USA again.
    moody and JGoodard like this.
    06-28-14 05:27 PM
    As long as they remain subscribed to a BES server for me all is ok!
    06-28-14 06:05 PM
    Hubby said they didn't use BES. Which I thought was weird for big corp like UPS to use BlackBerry but not BES.

But he also didn't know what BES was so maybe they did and he just didn't know. LOL

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 06:15 PM
    A little birdie told me that GE is dropping BlackBerry too. And there were using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    GE is NOT dropping BES or BES10 how do I know..I'm the MDM manager for BES at GE. This is how BS rumors get started....the service of BES 10 is growing by leaps and bounds. Let's try to stay factual. These Lil birdies need to come forward so I can correct them. Just because we offer more choices doesn't mean we are dropping anything

#factcheck needed I see.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MidnightSociety; 06-28-14 at 06:44 PM.
    rav813, moody, highos and 30 others like this.
    06-28-14 06:30 PM
    Really. Wow. I don't know if higher ups in UPS had gone to bb10 but hubby still has 9900 bold.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    This is false information. See my posts.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 07:08 PM
    What a sad day for BlackBerry. I'd venture to say UPS had to be one of the largest, if not THE largest USA corporate account they had.

My husband is in management at UPS and was told this week as phones come up eligible for upgrade they will have to choose between iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S5.

Anyone in supervisor position and up has always been issued a BlackBerry. By the end of 2014 they will have phased all of them out.

That's 1000's of phones.

So sad.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    Oh well! They do not know how to make phones. It is not UPS' fault.
    06-28-14 07:33 PM
    A little birdie told me that GE is dropping BlackBerry too. And there were using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    I can corroborate that GE is no where close to dropping BlackBerry. The BlackBerry uptake is increasing within the company. I work for GE, in both the US and Canada.

#Squircle4Ever
    06-28-14 07:48 PM
    It feels a little slimy to say but I hope there's lot's of breaching for non blackberry companies.
    I think we need to crowd fund a hacker to breach these companies and entire platforms even...
    moody and Acumenight like this.
    06-28-14 08:05 PM
    Chen should fly down and visit UPS immediately. Chen should meet with UPS Execs, show them BES10 and personally demonstrate the new BlackBerry Passport or BB Classic. Win them over Chen, at least show them what BES 10 can do!!! This is a big account. Imagine how Blackberry would be looked upon if UPS changes their mind and the in roads Blackberry could make in the USA again.
    Someone needs to email Chen and let him know ASAP so he can book the flight for Monday. I would but I am studying for exams..
    06-28-14 08:07 PM
    Chen probably has known for some time.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:10 PM
311 1234 ...