08-24-14 09:03 PM
311 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    ^
    Does this mean strange guys on the Internet?
    I couldn't come up with anything better in 5 seconds.

That UPS will leave BlackBerry is sad to hear.
    I hope that BlackBerry knows how to get back some of the clients they have lost, with their future offerings.
    Let's see how it plays out.

Posted via CB10
    LoL no strange people. And everything on the Internet is true. If it weren't they couldn't post it.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    07-17-14 09:47 AM
    ^
    Does this mean strange guys on the Internet?
    I couldn't come up with anything better in 5 seconds.

That UPS will leave BlackBerry is sad to hear.
    I hope that BlackBerry knows how to get back some of the clients they have lost, with their future offerings.
    Let's see how it plays out.

Posted via CB10
    BTW, it's "some guy on the internet."
    07-17-14 12:01 PM
    Why leave a brand that practicly invented true mobile security...for apple or android..love my N5 but I'm not using it for corporate purposes. Seriously...iPhone.......
    07-18-14 03:26 AM
    Well it will take two major things to happen before UPS, Walmart and other large corps that have moved from BlackBerry to come back: a security breach and someone from BlackBerry going to see them & demo all new stuff in os10

07-18-14 07:04 AM
    Just had dinner w/ a bunch of UPSer's (retirement party) and I had my z30 laying on the table. The DM asked if it was "one of those Samsung phones". LOL I said "No". Then proceeded to show him all my Z could do. And he was like "wow! We should get that phone! Too bad Noone has picked it up."

Point being, all it would take is someone going to the right people and show them all the ways BlackBerry trumps all other platforms and I believe they'd hang w/ them.

Just sayin......

Z30 / 10.3.x.xxxx
    Q10 / 10.3.x.xxxx
    07-19-14 08:10 PM
    Why leave a brand that practicly invented true mobile security...for apple or android..love my N5 but I'm not using it for corporate purposes. Seriously...iPhone.......
    Because who did something first has no impact on who does it best.
    07-19-14 08:18 PM
    Because who did something first has no impact on who does it best.
    Blackberry was first and was and still is best in security.

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    07-19-14 11:42 PM
    What does DHL use?

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:45 PM
    Clearly though, they need to be good/better at other things for more people and corporations.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-19-14 11:46 PM
    What does DHL use?

Posted via CB10
    Big brown truck

07-20-14 12:06 AM
    Agreed, the company I work at got good a while back and it serves everything they need.
    I work at a company that's had Good for a year and a half. For what I expect out of enterprise security, it's woefully inadequate; if I was malicious I could raise all kinds of hell and there wouldn't be a log of what I pulled over onto my personal computer. I'm also guessing that I should only be able to log into the system once, and that if I try to log in a 2nd time it should reject - but no, I've had as many as 5 different active logins going.

But hey, what do I know about enterprise security. I guess just watching to make sure people can't get in the front door is enough.
    07-20-14 12:07 AM
    Clearly though, they need to be good/better at other things for more people and corporations.
    True only to the extent of out of the box ready. What I mean is is new devices came loaded w/ 10.3 os that was at least 98% stable, they would be back on top.

10.3 is what this os should have been at bbos launch Jan 2013.

07-20-14 12:09 AM

And?
    07-20-14 07:46 AM
    And?
    And, what?

07-20-14 08:30 AM
    And what is your point? I just not seeing how what you said is relevant to the comment you replied to when read in full context.
    07-20-14 08:53 AM

Clearly being a one trick pony isn't good enough anymore. BlackBerry is definitely still first in when it comes to security, but they are last most other categories. That isn't going to work.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-20-14 10:45 AM
    And what is your point? I just not seeing how what you said is relevant to the comment you replied to when read in full context.
    Omg!! OK let me recap for you.

You said they may have been the first in security but they weren't the best. So I replied to correct you. They were first and yes they ARE the best. Then you quotes me and said "and?". So I replied "and what?" b/c your "and?" made no sense.

Unless I misunderstood your original comment about not being the best in security.......

mnc76 likes this.
    07-20-14 01:17 PM
    I guess just watching to make sure people can't get in the front door is enough.
    That's the problem from BlackBerry's perspective. For many businesses, it IS enough.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-20-14 02:48 PM
    Omg!! OK let me recap for you.

You said they may have been the first in security but they weren't the best. So I replied to correct you. They were first and yes they ARE the best. Then you quotes me and said "and?". So I replied "and what?" b/c your "and?" made no sense.

Unless I misunderstood your original comment about not being the best in security.......

It's option 2.

A redundant question was asked of "why leave a company that was first to the table with security"

I said being first at something doesn't make you the best.

You said, blackberry is the best.

To which I said, "and...?"

I was replying to someone using the logic that if something is first it's the best. You see? I didn't say blackberry wasn't the best and I didn't say it was. I just said not to base it on when it came out. It may very well be the best BUT, it's not because they were the first ones to focus on it, it's because they do it better now.
    moody likes this.
    07-20-14 11:53 PM
    Sorry about that. I totally took your post wrong. But now I understand.

07-21-14 12:15 AM
    Wow, 13 pages via Cb10 and nobody has even mentioned the following:

Upgrade 'layer this year' > that's quite a whole away so some consideration from head do I.T. Down the totem pole is still being done. Although it sounds like CIO would wreaking the Gardner report and that's the end all and be all - Gardner is paid by the too listers to be mentioned.

That all said the following needs to be considered :

What is UPS' main goals to be achieved during the upgrade?!
    - is the full intranet (via permissions) being delivered to whatever OS is approved?
    - what, if nay intranet documents are allowed accessible, editable, and uploaded by which level of employees?
    - are shared drives allowable to be accessed and expected as a consideration?
    - if s competing mobile OS (against ios/android) is considered for all of the above, which 3rd party apps are allowed to achieve the above tasks and goals?
    - is UPS' internal shipping application HTML based (i.e. Platform agnostic), or specifically coded to a specific mobile OS'?! This'll heavily weigh on which mobile OS is going to be granted the green light.
    - at what costs are hardware upgrades allowed per user?
    - is there a major provider change that is dictating this upgrade and if so what discounts are considered? Roaming pools? North American pools, what is considered local calls, roaming, data travel costs per zone?

This is just the tip of the iceberg to be considered.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-21-14 12:18 AM
    What a sad day for BlackBerry. I'd venture to say UPS had to be one of the largest, if not THE largest USA corporate account they had.

My husband is in management at UPS and was told this week as phones come up eligible for upgrade they will have to choose between iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S5.

Anyone in supervisor position and up has always been issued a BlackBerry. By the end of 2014 they will have phased all of them out.

That's 1000's of phones.

So sad.

You will LOVE this:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=947494

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-21-14 01:14 PM
    Clearly being a one trick pony isn't good enough anymore. BlackBerry is definitely still first in when it comes to security, but they are last most other categories. That isn't going to work.

Exactly. The security gap between BlackBerry and other devices has narrowed considerably. Security is only one of multiple factors for choosing platform. I see strong parallels to Volvo and the auto industry. Volvo used to be (and probably still is) the gold standard for vehicle safety. People used to go out of their way to buy a Volvo because safety was so much better than competitors. Then other OEM's caught up and Volvo's competitive advantage dissipated. Since almost all new vehicles are very safe, it is seldom the #1 selection criteria when purchasing a new vehicle.

The exact same thing has now happened with BlackBerry and security, and they now need much more than best in class security.
    moody, JeepBB and crazigee like this.
    07-21-14 06:49 PM
    Exactly. The security gap between BlackBerry and other devices has narrowed considerably. Security is only one of multiple factors for choosing platform. I see strong parallels to Volvo and the auto industry. Volvo used to be (and probably still is) the gold standard for vehicle safety. People used to go out of their way to buy a Volvo because safety was so much better than competitors. Then other OEM's caught up and Volvo's competitive advantage dissipated. Since almost all new vehicles are very safe, it is seldom the #1 selection criteria when purchasing a new vehicle.

The exact same thing has now happened with BlackBerry and security, and they now need much more than best in class security.
    Exactly. Good parallel with Volvo.

techvisor likes this.
    07-22-14 10:31 PM
    Exactly. Good parallel with Volvo.

Interesting fact, Volvo actually invented the 3-point seat belt system that's pretty much the standard now with all vehicles. They patented it but left it open so everyone can use it freely. It's a VITAL reason why other cars are as safe as they are now and "as safe as a Volvo." So while it's true that buying a Volvo for its safety might not be as relevant now as it was before, it still makes sense to buy a Volvo if you want to support the company who made it all possible and also knowing that they don't simply adopt safety standards as they become popular but go out of their way to innovate for the sake of safety because they care about the people who drive their cars. You don't know if they are actively making slight changes here and there to improve your safety for safety's sake but one thing is for sure, safety is in their DNA and is the foundation onto which they build their cars. While others only do the bare minimum to keep up with competition for the sake of PR...

Still a good parallel with Volvo right? Just making sure that didn't change...
    moody likes this.
    07-23-14 02:34 AM
311 ... 89101112 ...