08-24-14 08:03 PM
311 123 ...
tools
    What a sad day for BlackBerry. I'd venture to say UPS had to be one of the largest, if not THE largest USA corporate account they had.

My husband is in management at UPS and was told this week as phones come up eligible for upgrade they will have to choose between iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S5.

Anyone in supervisor position and up has always been issued a BlackBerry. By the end of 2014 they will have phased all of them out.

That's 1000's of phones.

So sad.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.x.xxx & Q10SQN100-2/10.3.X.XXX
    Pdinos3, BigBadWulf and rarsen like this.
    06-28-14 12:17 PM
    That's a very sad news item.
    Wow.
    06-28-14 12:21 PM
    Never a good piece of news. I have contacts that work for UPS, and I hadn't heard that yet.
    06-28-14 12:26 PM
    Never a good piece of news. I have contacts that work for UPS, and I hadn't heard that yet.
    Yeah he just told me this morning when I was talking about loading stuff to my phone.

I just have to wonder if there are any reps out there assigned to these large Corp accts & if so, are they doing their job showing these ppl the z30 & Q10

Makes me think either BlackBerry has no more reps to corps. I'd think this would be a big blow for them.

06-28-14 12:32 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry can send someone to them and convince them otherwise. These are the things John Chen has to stop from happening.
    06-28-14 12:34 PM
    Is it bad I'm hoping they get breached? LoL

But seriously. It's going to take a large Corp like UPS that's always had BlackBerry to switch and then get phones hacked into before it will matter.

If that doesn't happen, no Corp will have a good reason for staying w/ BlackBerry.

06-28-14 12:36 PM
    Dang, they really are a biiig company
    Got family working for them in 4 different countries and we always talk on BBM with their company issued BlackBerry's
    Hope BlackBerry can reverse this

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    06-28-14 12:55 PM
    It's too late to get them back. Many companies started the switch over when Thor put the company up for sale. We are just starting to see that migration now. It will take a while to get them back if they can, but US companies have turned away from the bad news. BlackBerry needs to focus on the clients they do still have and get them to upgrade while there is still confidence.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 12:59 PM
    Sorry double post.

Uhhmm...

Go BlackBerry! Yay!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 01:00 PM
    It's too late to get them back. Many companies started the switch over when Thor put the company up for sale. We are just starting to see that migration now.
    Good point. Often people look at one earnings announcement or product introduction and believe that this can change the course of something that has been probably in the works for a year or more.
    06-28-14 01:23 PM
    I would just think someone at BlackBerry would be all over fortune 500 companies to keep them. b/c I bet most have or use to have BlackBerry.

milo53 likes this.
    06-28-14 01:32 PM
    Ic an tell you for a fact that BBRY has been courting many of the Fortune 500 companies, including the one i work for. The issue is IT no longer decides what is deployed to the user. The enterprise users do. Now, lucky for me I still have a huge BlackBerry subscriber base internally. All though iOS now has the top spot, BlackBerry, and lastly Android. Users want choice. Also, what I have found CIO's and CTO's are very emotional about their devices and are not listening. All they care about are the latest toys and end user satisfaction. To me end user experience and satisfaction is a BS stat. You cannot measure that. you can but fans boys of whatever tech would skew the results.

To another posters point. Thor and that for sale sign did much damage, I had to pull a "break glass plan" together should BBRY go down the tubes. A lot of y peers at other companies were told just to move off BBRY all together. Once a plan is in motion at an enterprise, it is hard to go back on that train. PO's have been cut. hardware and software CAL's have been ordered. It's sad. BlackBerry will always be around. Just a smaller company and those who have left will be back after a few years of learning grass isnt greener on the other side.
    06-28-14 01:42 PM
    Does Blackberry not have any account reps - really?
    milo53 likes this.
    06-28-14 01:48 PM
    That is sad news to hear! My brother is way high up the chain at FedEx and has always had a work issued BB, and they got him a Z10 late last year. I will have to ask him if he knows if they plan on keeping BB around or not. I work in healthcare and we always were a BB company until we decided to go to BYOD, and once that happened, everyone turned in their BB's and either got a android or iPhone. I think only one person kept their BB and 2 other high up managers actually got the Z10. I'm hoping to see BB pull these businesses and average consumers back in.
    moody likes this.
    06-28-14 01:49 PM
    Is it bad I'm hoping they get breached? LoL

But seriously. It's going to take a large Corp like UPS that's always had BlackBerry to switch and then get phones hacked into before it will matter.

If that doesn't happen, no Corp will have a good reason for staying w/ BlackBerry.

It feels a little slimy to say but I hope there's lot's of breaching for non blackberry companies.
    moody, lift, grevan88 and 2 others like this.
    06-28-14 01:50 PM
    Does Blackberry not have any account reps - really?
    Surely they do. But maybe not in the USA any more? Someone above said they had one but Idk what company or country.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 02:04 PM
    A little birdie told me that GE is dropping BlackBerry too. And there were using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 02:08 PM
    A little birdie told me that GE is dropping BlackBerry too. And there were using BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Really. Wow. I don't know if higher ups in UPS had gone to bb10 but hubby still has 9900 bold.

06-28-14 02:11 PM
    Just an example of nothing remains the same.... this is why Chen is wise to focus on back end software... MDM etc... in the long run if BB can monetize it... will not matter which phone a user has... will be the back end software that controls the device where the money could be... Enterprise tends to hold on to their devices for as long as possible so you could see a rotation every 3 -5 years as most licenses are yearly... we really have to stop looking at BB as a device company... no matter how good the hardware is... BB is and will for some time be viewed as a damaged brand by most companies... that being said.. the likelyhood of BB competing head to head with Apple or Sansung is unlikey.... so expect to see more of this trend... it will take a major financial hit due to hacking of the smartphone or server software before Blackberry can effectively push the security side...
    06-28-14 02:15 PM
    The Classic should have been BlackBerry's first phone. It would have made a great corporate transition for companies who issued 9900's.

What model BlackBerry was issued to UPS in the past?

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    JGoodard likes this.
    06-28-14 02:21 PM
    The problem for people like me, in the USA, I'll either not be able to afford a BlackBerry handset or won't be available through my carrier.

AT&T still doesn't carry z30. I had to get one from Verizon. Only reason I was able to do that is the company I work for is a Verizon customer. So boss ordered for me.

I love love love BlackBerry and it's platforms. I just cringe at the thought that the day may come where they aren't available or affordable any more.

It's these large companies buying 100's or 1000's at the time that keeps costs lower for us.

anon1727506 likes this.
    06-28-14 02:21 PM
    A family member who works in UPS europe also has his BB7 device I will see if he get's an Iphone or a samsung.
    06-28-14 02:29 PM
    A family member who works in UPS europe also has his BB7 device I will see if he get's an Iphone or a samsung.
    Let us know. Ask if he's heard anything? I forgot to ask my husband when he was told, I will ask when he gets home.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 02:35 PM
    I working with a big company with more than 30.000 people and we have BES 10 and MDM server with windows and I can tell that message's, or emails are quicker and easier with the Blackberry 10 than with Samsung and for blackberry we have balance so that it's more protected than those samsung phone's , it there choice but it's a lost .

Like that big assurance company in the UK who lost Millions of pounds because there where more than 1000 ipad and iphone hacked and wiped, while I think apple has a more eco closed system than android. Good luck UPS but the smart move was the blackberry Z30 with balance
    06-28-14 02:53 PM
    Are you in USA?

06-28-14 02:55 PM
311 123 ...