Employees using unauthorized apps to get their stuff done.

Workers Going Rogue With BYOD (and BYOA) | CIO

Any take on that?

As I'm self-employed and run my own business (no employees, just wife at this stage), I'd like to know how rampant this is...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-27-14 03:36 AM
    Data leakage via Google Docs / Dropbox, etc.

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-27-14 03:47 AM
    BYOD isn?t the golden future that everyone said it would be. There can actually be MORE management and security headaches.

My employer is backing away from it after trying it out for the last year. More trouble than it's worth. I'm now the only BYOD user in the entire company, mostly because I help run the infrastructure and can support myself.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    08-27-14 03:49 AM
    BYOD was suppose to be a corporate savings dream. Why pay for new hardware when you can get your employees to use their own phones paid for out of their own pockets.

As you stated, the issue of security and not having control of the content on the employees BYOD devices have now come into play.

I have also seen companies reversing their BYOD in favor of more secured devices in the corporate sector and have now issued company phones to their employees with their own custom software and apps installed on the device.

The sad part is while talking to an IT person from Ford the other day, they have ditched Blackberry in favor of iPhones using Good which he sated has worked very well for them.
    08-27-14 04:32 AM
    BYOD is as good/secure as your MDM/EMM solution.
    We might add that things like BlackBerry Balance are obviously the future in the BYOD environment.

When you can have 2 separated partitions on your device, where one is fully secured and nothing can happen that the employer doesn't want to happen, then I'd say that a lot of theoretical issues are inexistant.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:40 AM