STUNNING Turing Phone "Dark Wyvern" Coming In 2016: Specs & Hardware Detailed In FULL | Know Your Mobile

Apologies if this is old news, but read it this morning and didn't see another thread. I actually thought this was basically going to be another failed kickstarter that never gets made.

I'm curious how this device can get some good buzz, while BB10 with a better ecosystem and a good security rep didn't?
    06-30-16 07:43 AM
    I think BlackBerry's history has been it's burden. An entire generation of phone users has been told, BlackBerry is a 'relic'. So, no matter what BlackBerry tries to do, very good, better or at best, is dismissed. Sad...but, something 'unknown', may have a chance, because there isn't any past 'baggage'.
    06-30-16 10:02 AM
    BB10 had buzz when the first device was announced but like Turing it stabbed itself in the foot too many times. No one is paying attention to Turing either and it has and will continue to fail with its many delays.
    06-30-16 10:33 AM
    I think Turing is not taken seriously anymore and as far as Blackberry is concerned. What we really need is a plan to rebuild the once iconic brand which has all but been forgotten at least here in the USA.
    07-01-16 08:14 AM
    While it lacks the visibility of Android and iOS, Sailfish offers a platform which avoids Android's inherent security failings yet differentiates itself from the pack - and can still run the countless number of Android applications out there.
    BB10 users would feel right at home.... Android Apps & Games on Sailfish - page 1 - Jolla & Sailfish OS Forum trying to find a way to get Instagram, FaceBook or WhatsApp to work.

As for the hardware... they keep announcing. Hard to keep up the hype with a no show. And "Liquidmorphium" - billed as unbendable and stronger than titanium or steel, this unique element - according to Chao - has been through 26 interactions since April last year... So have they gotten it right yet? Is it going to morph while I use it? How much will it cost?
    07-05-16 03:01 PM
    To be fair, I love Sailfish. It's awesome. Glad they're using it.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    07-05-16 09:27 PM
    DOA.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 11:48 PM
    To be fair, I love Sailfish. It's awesome. Glad they're using it.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    One day would love to try it, but if I'm going to stick with a platform that has little support, might as well stay with BB10 or go Windows.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 10:11 AM
    The only company which can make something which represents Turing phone should be BlackBerry or Nokia

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 03:09 PM
    The only company which can make something which represents Turing phone should be BlackBerry or Nokia

Posted via CB10
    ?
    07-07-16 03:50 PM