12-30-15 02:44 PM
120 1234 ...
tools
    Which is two years-ish? so you could be running down bb10 now - minimal security patches and bet the farm on android.
    Yes. Certainly.
    09-16-15 04:09 PM
    Which is two years-ish? so you could be running down bb10 now - minimal security patches and bet the farm on android.
    I think right now they have put the farm, the tractor, the cows and the chickens into this platform change to Android.

Chen needs hardware to get his software in the door (at least right now he does).
    09-16-15 04:55 PM
    Android will likely be the consumers phone. BB10 for government and any corporation serious about security.

The Ontario government continues to deploy BB10 devices. Today I was in the elevator at Queens Park and there was my Passport (personal), 2 other government passports, my Q10 along with 4 others. Pretty much everyone in the elevator was sporting at least 1 blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    eryvile and world saviour like this.
    09-16-15 05:51 PM
    Before BlackBerry throws in the towel it should try marketing. No one knows OS10 exists. This is why they can't sell the phones. No one even knows the phones exist.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 06:02 PM
    Attachment 371391

How many topics like this one we have already???

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    I do like your tagline.
    09-16-15 08:55 PM
    Android will likely be the consumers phone. BB10 for government and any corporation serious about security.
    Pretty much the same entities that still run Windows XP so BB10 should have 10 more years of use in this sector.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-16-15 09:05 PM
    Before BlackBerry throws in the towel it should try marketing. No one knows OS10 exists. This is why they can't sell the phones. No one even knows the phones exist.

Posted via CB10
    Too bad they don't know marketing from their own ***, so no point in trying this again... This also points out the problem with going android. Just because they change platforms doesn't mean anything else in the company changes...
    09-16-15 09:10 PM
    So we must buy the new Venice! Start saving now, Crackberry and BlackBerry will continue to grow and grow!

Posted via CB10

LOL. In that case, you will need to spread the word outside of this site to get the much needed sells.
    09-16-15 11:29 PM
    Attachment 371391

How many topics like this one we have already???

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    Too damn many!!!
    09-16-15 11:33 PM
    Unless we hear anything from the CEO, it's not going to happen. I don't follow rumours, frankly, I laugh them off.

Typed from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk for BlackBerry 7.1
    09-17-15 01:45 AM

The Ontario government continues to deploy BB10 devices. Today I was in the elevator at Queens Park and there was my Passport (personal), 2 other government passports, my Q10 along with 4 others. Pretty much everyone in the elevator was sporting at least 1 blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Voice of reason. :-)

The same way there is an overwhelming demand for app-laden consumer devices as well as a great number of pros and enterprises that need certain apps,

... there is also still a market for secure and highly regulated industries. Albeit much, much smaller. That's the security side of it. We're not liking even looking at the UI and productivity benefits that BB10 offers.

BB10 can't just go away. There is not replacement for it, imho.

(edit: strike-through corrections above)

  Leakers' gonna leak... :-)  
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 10-08-15 at 11:55 PM.
    missing_K-W and Allanon89 like this.
    09-17-15 08:53 PM
    Rumors are rumors and nothing comes out good from rumor swirling upon rumor swirling. Take two things into consideration that are real and not rumor:

1) Chen has stated that Blackberry will continue to make handsets because of the end-to-end security requirements with the Blackberry security. He also stated he would make an Android if he could have as secure as a standard Blackberry unit.

2) Android will not be as secure as a standard Blackberry handset and with the Blackberry Enterprise being the focus of Blackberry, their own Blackberry secure handsets are the best solution for an end-to-end security.

In addition, Chen said that BB10 was not going anywhere. It is a better OS than iOS, Android and Windows, but there are too many people that are embedded with the iOS or Android mentality and will not consider BB10. Slowly but surely those people can be convinced to go with BB10, it'll just take time. Other who were on iOS and Android have come over to BB10 and if they did more will as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 03:18 AM
    I'm trying to see it the same way as I look at the success of iOS devices. The more iPhones/iPads Apple sells, the more cash they have to keep making Macs. The more *shudders* Android BBs are sold, the more I can hope for the survival of BB10.
    But it's obviously different, as OS X is needed to develop for iOS, while BB10 depends on the choices of corporations and governments...
    09-18-15 05:17 AM
    It will stay and it will still stay no matter what It takes!!! It is a national security matter....

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 07:50 AM
    It will stay and it will still stay no matter what It takes!!! It is a national security matter....

Posted via CB10
    So is whoever's national security matter you believe it is... going to start subsidizing BlackBerry?

It is possible that BB10 continues without the Android Runtime.... but it will be in $2000 smartphones. But then, they could probable buy a $2000 secusmart smartphones with an Android base also... that might run some apps.

I agree it's all rumors and speculation at this point.... much like there were rumors and speculation about BB10 not working on the PlayBook (a year before BlackBerry admitted it). Even after the CEO kept saying that BB10 would come to the PlayBook, many here speculated that either that wouldn't happen, or it would be a much stripped down version of BB10.

BB10 may be fully supported and developed further for years to come.... but I would suggest that for right now everyone consider the "what if" it doesn't as at least a possibility.
    09-18-15 08:08 AM
    BB10 devices will exist mainly as second phones that are more secure but don't run apps. I wonder how many people on this forum really need that much security. To me, a big part of security is having convenient access to the apps that help me to monitor my accounts, living space, appliances etc. with convenient notifications. Most of these apps are Touch ID secured within my iPhone that is always locked.

BlackBerry security is like having a panic room in your house. You are protected very well from a very specific threat but that won't usually does not justify its existence for most people. Most people would be much better off to deploying those resources in more fundamental areas.
    09-18-15 08:12 AM
    It's done anyway. If Samsung, HTC, LG, etc are all having issues making money with Android, that race to the bottom OS, then how is BlackBerry going to compete? They have shot themselves in the foot for 7 years straight, but Android is going to fix it all.....

Posted via Z30
    Yes Android going to fix it all.....and then they shall make you Android ambassador

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 08:17 AM
    Summarising and paraphrasing Chen's earlier statements, we can deduce the answer:

BlackBerry's BB10 devices of an integral part of BlackBerry's portfolio.

It is always better to be in the position of being able to offer a complete business solution to corporate customers. Partial solutions just don't stack up against a complete solution. The moment BB10 goes EOL, BlackBerry will no longer have a suite of complete security solutions to offer.

BB10 is essential BlackBerry's business. Without it BlackBerry will certainly founder.

Posted via CB10 from Unlocked BlackBerry Passport
    09-18-15 09:15 AM

It is always better to be in the position of being able to offer a complete business solution to corporate customers.
    If that is the case why are sales of handset so terrible and of BES not so great either? I keep seeing this statement but there is nothing at all in BBRY's financial or own statements (statements about financials not marketing puff) that indicates its true beyond a really small (with no sign of growth) niche.
    09-18-15 10:40 AM
    If that is the case why are sales of handset so terrible and of BES not so great either? I keep seeing this statement but there is nothing at all in BBRY's financial or own statements (statements about financials not marketing puff) that indicates its true beyond a really small (with no sign of growth) niche.
    1) Apps
    2) Marketing

You should read more. You can discover all sorts of interesting stuff by just using your eyes.

09-18-15 08:09 PM
    1) Apps
    2) Marketing

You should read more. You can discover all sorts of interesting stuff by just using your eyes.

Lack of hardware options too. I remember back when they were trying to launch BB10, for a long time there were no real hardware releases on BBOS or BB10. So any corporate upgrades would have had to be on an entirely different platform...
    09-18-15 08:18 PM
    Lack of hardware options too. I remember back when they were trying to launch BB10, for a long time there were no real hardware releases on BBOS or BB10. So any corporate upgrades would have had to be on an entirely different platform...
    Lack of hardware? How many BB10 devices have been released since 2013 compared to....IOS?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:27 PM
    I'm trying to see it the same way as I look at the success of iOS devices. The more iPhones/iPads Apple sells, the more cash they have to keep making Macs. The more *shudders* Android BBs are sold, the more I can hope for the survival of BB10.
    But it's obviously different, as OS X is needed to develop for iOS, while BB10 depends on the choices of corporations and governments...
    The other difference is, the Mac business is profitable on its own. Apple might not sell a zillion of them, but they still take the lions' share of the profit in the PC industry, last I read.
    09-18-15 09:28 PM
    It's done anyway. If Samsung, HTC, LG, etc are all having issues making money with Android, that race to the bottom OS, then how is BlackBerry going to compete? They have shot themselves in the foot for 7 years straight, but Android is going to fix it all.....

Posted via Z30
    Even Google has been in decline with Android. That is why there are rumors of Google Play coming to Windows and most likely the reason why there is even an "Android BlackBerry" to begin with. With all the hype over security and privacy lately and two major Android breeches, consumers are waking up. Not all mind you but enough to put a dent in Google's data collection schemes; meaning they are losing money ultimately.

This is also likely to signal an end to all of those free apps, or most of them anyways. Apple has already done this with iOS/App Store about a year ago or so. Yeah, there are still a few fully free apps supported by advertisements and/or in-app purchases but most apps are now either offered for a fee with the free apps only being a teaser to the full-version.

As I've said before, the interest I've seen for this device from non-Blackberry users is unprecedented.
    From where?

What I have been reading up on Android Central the response is generally positive with many "maybes"; maybe this will be my next phone and only a few "heck yeahs! I'm getting this!" followed by some minor discussions such as the merits of both the BB10 virtual keyboard and physical keyboard, whether or not BB10 is dead, and if so, what that would mean for Crackberry dot com.

Here on CrackBerry it is all about "BB10 is dead", "I secretly hated BB10 this whole time", and "I'm ordering two of these!". The phone has not even been officially announced yet!

One thing is for sure; the crowd over at Android Central definitely plays a heckofalot more nice.
    09-18-15 10:40 PM
    The other difference is, the Mac business is profitable on its own. Apple might not sell a zillion of them, but they still take the lions' share of the profit in the PC industry, last I read.
    This is one reason for the "Mac Tax" and why Macs are typically more expensive although comparative PCs are usually around the same price point and sometimes higher. Another reason is that Jobs new full well that you do not compete with your own lineup which is there was never a "low end Mac" or various iPhones, iPods, etc. Yeah, the Mac Mini might be considered "low end" but its form factor is totally different. Same with the iMacs and Mac Pro. If you want a desktop that is cheaper than the Mac Pro but not as "puny" as the Mac Mini you have to get an iMac (or an older Mac Pro) as their is no "entry-level Mac, let alone an entry level Mac Pro".

Jobs saw that when Toshiba, Sony, et al began releasing low-priced netbooks sales of their top of the line laptops dropped drastically over night.
    09-18-15 10:48 PM
120 1234 ...