12-30-15 01:44 PM
120 123 ...
tools
    Hey friends!

I'm really confused and a bit worried about some rumors I have heard and read the past few weeks.
    Some came from developers that confirmed that statement.

I was told that OS10 will be slowly dying the next few months.

Not only because a lack of costumer, also because a lack of developers.
    I was told that OS10.3.x would be the last version of OS10 and OS10.4 will never see the day of light.
    Full support for OS10 will be running out in about 18 months and after that there only will come some small security updates - like it happened to the playbook.

Also there won't be any SDKs for developers.

Is that really true?
    Or is that some BS?

I'm really worried and can't stand the idea of having a Blackberry Android device!
    The only thing I have been sticking with BlackBerry was their OS - not because the hardware was so special.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 01:21 AM
    BB10 will be supported a couple more years if not more due to enterprise contracts. What is not known is if major updates are forthcoming anytime soon as development resources have been reduced. There will be more info on BB10 future once the Slider is made available, until then its an educated guess on what will happen and when.
    BlackGuy likes this.
    09-15-15 01:29 AM
    BlackBerry still sells it. Enterprises expect a minimum support period measured in years. So it's not going away.

Now how actively BlackBerry is further developing it and adding new features... that's a big question. Lots of speculation about that.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-15-15 01:33 AM
    If that's true ,that will be terrible for CB.lol
    09-15-15 02:00 AM
    If that's true ,that will be terrible for CB.lol
    Nope businesses as usual
    09-15-15 02:05 AM
    I'm hoping that the Android slider is successful enough to give BlackBerry the funds it needs to maintain BB10. A case of "do what you have to so you can do what you want to". If the slider fails, BlackBerry OS and hardware will be shut down, and we outliers will be left hanging on to our less and less functional tech anachronisms. But if it succeeds, BB10 will likely continue to be supported and updated.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    09-15-15 06:49 AM
    So if the first Android BlackBerry is a success then he's going to turn around and put more resources into BB10? I doubt it. John Chen does not seem to be on a mission to save BB10.
    09-15-15 06:56 AM
    So if the first Android BlackBerry is a success then he's going to turn around and put more resources into BB10? I doubt it. John Chen does not seem to be on a mission to save BB10.
    I tend to agree with you.

But one thing is for certain: if the Android Slider is NOT successful, the device business is done.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-15-15 07:00 AM
    Here's an existing thread like this: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1026460

Ain't you getting tired on this kind of topic?

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-15-15 07:15 AM
    ''Blackberry OS, which saw a small increase in some regions, continued to decline in growth globally.''

http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp (Smartphone OS Market Share in Unit Shipments, 2015 Q2)

Attachment 371229
    http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.png

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 07:53 AM

But one thing is for certain: if the Android Slider is NOT successful, the device business is done.

It's done anyway. If Samsung, HTC, LG, etc are all having issues making money with Android, that race to the bottom OS, then how is BlackBerry going to compete? They have shot themselves in the foot for 7 years straight, but Android is going to fix it all.....

Posted via Z30
    outlooker and Blacklatino like this.
    09-15-15 09:10 AM
    It's done anyway. If Samsung, HTC, LG, etc are all having issues making money with Android, that race to the bottom OS, then how is BlackBerry going to compete? They have shot themselves in the foot for 7 years straight, but Android is going to fix it all.....

Posted via Z30
    We are where we are.

You've made your position abundantly clear - you'd throw in the towel now. Fine.

I happen to think it's worth a shot to put out an Android device that has a significant differentiating feature - a great keyboard that is well known and respected (despite your personal experience).

As I've said before, the interest I've seen for this device from non-Blackberry users is unprecedented.

If it doesn't fly (as you believe it won't), then so be it. I'll throw in the towel then too.

Last edited by conite; 09-15-15 at 09:38 AM.
    09-15-15 09:27 AM

So we must buy the new Venice! Start saving now, Crackberry and BlackBerry will continue to grow and grow!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 09:41 AM
    Hey friends!

I'm really confused and a bit worried about some rumors I have heard and read the past few weeks.
    Some came from developers that confirmed that statement.

I was told that OS10 will be slowly dying the next few months.

Not only because a lack of costumer, also because a lack of developers.
    I was told that OS10.3.x would be the last version of OS10 and OS10.4 will never see the day of light.
    Full support for OS10 will be running out in about 18 months and after that there only will come some small security updates - like it happened to the playbook.

Also there won't be any SDKs for developers.

Is that really true?
    Or is that some BS?

I'm really worried and can't stand the idea of having a Blackberry Android device!
    The only thing I have been sticking with BlackBerry was their OS - not because the hardware was so special.

Posted via CB10
    Right now, all we're seeing are rumours and unsubstantiated leaked images and statements. Some have been repeated/reposted so often that they are being accepted as fact.

I'm holding off judgement until we get official word.
    app_Developer and DrBoomBotz like this.
    09-15-15 09:47 AM
    Thank you for ALL your replies.

So nothing it seems that nothing is really official.
    Really hope that all those rumors just are made up, because don't really want to switch to any other platform.

Even if BlackBerry made it possible to have a secure version of Android it would not be my appeal to me.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-15 11:26 AM
    Sorry folks, but BB10 died when it left the gates. It was launched too late to compete with Apple and Android.

If the Venice is successful, then BlackBerry may make more Android phones, but for consumers. BB10 phones will still be available for government and business on a very limited bases.

We are seeing the beginning of the new software company called BlackBerry.

Via my Z30 on the Telus network
    09-15-15 11:48 AM

Posted via Z30
    I look at it this way. If BlackBerry never did an Android phone at this point then BlackBerry 10 is pretty much done. If they do release an Android phone then BlackBerry 10 is also done. So I prefer they release it so that at least everyone can see what they'll can bring to Android. It's a little more interesting than them just riding BlackBerry 10 to . 0000001% marketshare.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-15-15 12:00 PM
    Is it true? OS10 will be dying soon?!-facebook-20150714-075648.png

How many topics like this one we have already???

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-15-15 12:08 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facebook-20150714-075648.png 
Views:	2931 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	371391

How many topics like this one we have already???

Quot homines, tot sententiae!
    I'm sure that more like this will be posted in the coming year. Live with it.
    techvisor and imcurved like this.
    09-16-15 08:21 AM
    I'm sure that more like this will be posted in the coming year. Live with it.
    Mods should regulate the proliferation of this kind of threads. Or they should integrate it with existing topics.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann and Mausje75 like this.
    09-16-15 08:50 AM
    Who the F knows ? everything is top secret at least you know where you stand with Apple guess that's what we get for being loyal customers all these years Oh and if you want to join the chat on BlackBerrys new upcoming slider apparently you have to go to Android Central . No I wont be getting a freekin 6s or a freekin Droid .
    bblasl likes this.
    09-16-15 09:02 AM
    Mods should regulate the proliferation of this kind of threads. Or they should integrate it with existing topics.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I don't know why the mods don't spend more time combining new threads with the same old threads on the same topics.....
    09-16-15 09:05 AM
    I say wait and see. I cancelled an order for my first z10 over 2 years ago because all the talk was BlackBerry is selling out. I changed my mind and bought one a couple months later and all my bb10 phones are still kicking. They may in fact tank this time, but then again ya just never know.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 09:13 AM
    I do see now they have an Android on Blackberry thread on the CrackBerry site Good stuff.
    09-16-15 09:15 AM
    BlackBerry still sells it. Enterprises expect a minimum support period measured in years. So it's not going away.
    Which is two years-ish? so you could be running down bb10 now - minimal security patches and bet the farm on android.
    09-16-15 09:23 AM
120 123 ...