BlackBerry's Updated OS 10.2.1 Turns Phones Into Radios

Just sharing a little article I saw on a more popular Tech site. Check out the comments. Seems like as more people get to actually use and appreciate the BlackBerry 10 devices and the Company is still standing after all of the negativity of the past couple years the whole Baseless BlackBerry Bashing thing is getting kinda old and lame and actually dismissable...

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:20 PM
    The whole radio feature thing seems like a running joke amongst the tech 'journalists'.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:26 PM
    To be honest it doesn't make sense to have the hardware, but not have the OS ready to use that hardware yet. We aren't talking about WiFi-AC here, we are talking about an FM Radio that even some dumb phones had back in the 90's. Never mind the whole your lead flagship device didn't get the hardware, but your supposed entry level device does.... sounds like a berry bad joke.

Unfortunately the best feature in 10.2.1 is a developer tool and not an official fully functioning feature. Sure hope that BlackBerry is working to make the use of APKs a true sales feature!
    02-04-14 10:38 AM
    To be honest it doesn't make sense to have the hardware, but not have the OS ready to use that hardware yet. We aren't talking about WiFi-AC here, we are talking about an FM Radio that even some dumb phones had back in the 90's. Never mind the whole your lead flagship device didn't get the hardware, but your supposed entry level device does.... sounds like a berry bad joke.
    You can't imagine a resource strapped company putting FM Radio at the bottom of their features list? It's not a feature people were clamoring for. Does the flagship Galaxy S IV or iPhone 5s have FM Radio? Nope. And the Z30 is the new flagship and it does get FM Radio.
    02-04-14 01:44 PM
    I would have to agree with cbvinh, a nice feature to have especially for those that dont have much data but definetly not a priority feature.
    02-04-14 02:52 PM
    I appreciate the feature, useful imo. Shun shun..
    02-04-14 02:55 PM
    You can't imagine a resource strapped company putting FM Radio at the bottom of their features list? It's not a feature people were clamoring for. Does the flagship Galaxy S IV or iPhone 5s have FM Radio? Nope. And the Z30 is the new flagship and it does get FM Radio.
    The public and tech review sites don't care that BlackBerry is a resource strapped company... They just think it is funny that it took BlackBerry so long to enable a feature that most people view past it's prime (and why most phones don't bother with it), much like they view BlackBerry. Personally I would have loved to have an FM radio on my Z10, I've been to a number of events that had the programs simulcast via FM. Would have been much easier to listen and maybe recorded (if the app could do that).

Let's face it out of the list of new to BlackBerry features that BB10.2.1 brings... most are just minor features (Picture Password) that people are going to say they didn't have that yet? Or it will be something (Wolfram Alpha Commands) that they have no clue what it means. But an FM radio they understand, so it is getting highlighted.

It's about perception - for us on the inside 10.2.1 is a huge step forward. For those on other platforms, it appears that we are still far behind where they are. Not saying their perception is correct, just that in print the list doesn't tell whole story.
    02-04-14 04:01 PM