11-02-14 11:48 AM
167 ... 567
tools
    comparing to Blackberry that has lost to everyone including Symbian, an os phased out years ago
    Source for this?
    11-01-14 02:51 PM
    Ok soooo Tim Cook is gay. I don't see the world changing.
    Useless article.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:48 PM
    Well, you're correct. I didn't mean to accuse him. It was just my first thought because he has already come out. Plus, I let it be known that I have no idea what I'm talking about in regards to Apple affairs. At any rate, I'm very sorry if I offended you in any way.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    You don't owe me an apology, but big props for standing up. You're a classy guy, need more like you around.
    xBURK likes this.
    11-01-14 04:00 PM
    The article wasn't any kind of publicity stunt. It was simply an acknowledgement of public knowledge to defuse a rising awareness of his sexual orientation.

Tim Cook never "publicly" stated he's gay. More accurately, he just never hid it from his friends, coworkers, and inquiring minds. However, now that the public knowledge has recently spread to a larger public audience, he did the right thing for himself. While opinions less favorable start to spread more publicly, he simply defused the bomb before less favorable editorials became mainstream.

In fact, Tim handled it better than I would have. If I was gay, and I found myself in a similar situation, the article I wrote would have only been 2 sentences long. It would simply say "Yep, I'm gay. Move along."

Tim had the sense to motivate and be a role model to others in his position. Kudos.

Penned via Tapatalk
    11-01-14 04:20 PM
    Here's that CNBC video where Simon Hobbs outed Tim Cook (this was over the summer):

The full video of the interview, where Pulitzer Prize winner James Stewart discusses gay CEOs, is below, an interesting and short (1min 30seconds) watch: NYT's Stewart: Evaluating gay CEO's
    11-01-14 04:51 PM
    For those who ask "why is this even news," I suggest you go to the BBM Channel for TIME magazine, scroll down a bit to an article from Sunday about the US recognizing same-sex marriage and read all those cruel comments. If people only minded their own business and didn't force their own beliefs or values onto others, then this wouldn't be news.
    I just checked it out. Quite the reminder that the whole world doesn't see things they way many of us do.

Posted via CB10 (7250 -> 8703e -> 9530 -> 9550 -> 9650 -> 9930 -> PlayBook -> Z10 -> Z30)
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-01-14 06:51 PM
    For those who ask "why is this even news," I suggest you go to the BBM Channel for TIME magazine, scroll down a bit to an article from Sunday about the US recognizing same-sex marriage and read all those cruel comments. If people only minded their own business and didn't force their own beliefs or values onto others, then this wouldn't be news.
    I'm always amazed at commenters who will put really hateful, ignorant, inciteful things on the internet...I mean...why....just why expose yourself...why broadcast the ignorance?
    11-01-14 09:57 PM
    Not really going to actually read so many replies, I'm just curious why this has caused 7 pages worth of replies. OMG someone is gay? Ok, a lot of people are gay, who cares?
    11-02-14 01:18 AM
    Not really going to actually read so many replies, I'm just curious why this has caused 7 pages worth of replies. OMG someone is gay? Ok, a lot of people are gay, who cares?
    read the thread. Lot of confusion and hateful comments that saw backlash. Believe mods may have removed some by now
    11-02-14 01:41 AM
    read the thread. Lot of confusion and hateful comments that saw backlash. Believe mods may have removed some by now
    More reason not to read the thread, lol. :-D
    11-02-14 01:35 AM
    Personally I think it's time one of the mod's close the thread down.
    11-02-14 04:21 AM
    Personally I think it's time one of the mod's close the thread down.
    Rather than close the topic, I'd recommend move to the Apple/iDevices forum and post a warning to keep hate speech out. The topic relevant to Apple investors and those interested in civil rights, and just happens to be tied to Apple because of Tim's position there.
    11-02-14 09:08 AM
    Rather than close the topic, I'd recommend move to the Apple/iDevices forum and post a warning to keep hate speech out. The topic relevant to Apple investors and those interested in civil rights, and just happens to be tied to Apple because of Tim's position there.
    A simple warning to keep hate speech out would not really work. Some people cannot help themselves but bad mouth things they don't agree with unfortunately...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-02-14 09:24 AM
    167 replies later, this is obviously no big deal to anyone and doesn't merit any media coverage at all
    11-02-14 10:40 AM
    A simple warning to keep hate speech out would not really work. Some people cannot help themselves but bad mouth things they don't agree with unfortunately...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    and that's unfortunate. We could use more active moderation, and where a warning isn't heeded I think banning is appropriate (though not sure if mods are given that authority).
    11-02-14 10:58 AM
    I'm curious... Do those two really think the rest can't detect their camouflaged homophobia from a mile away? I hope not.
    which two?
    11-02-14 11:20 AM
    Going through all the responses here, I think the consensus is that while it is big news that the CEO of one of the richest companies in the world has come out, at the same time, we all look forward to the day where someone's orientation isn't news, and isn't even a consideration.

That said, it's time to put this one to bed.
    11-02-14 11:48 AM
167 ... 567