11-02-14 11:48 AM
167 ... 4567
tools
    Who cares?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-31-14 12:39 PM
    Lets not turn this thread into a mess with hate speech and bickering.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-31-14 01:23 PM
    I just have to laugh at people who say being gay is a choice. I never even heard the word "lesbian" until I was in 5th grade and had already had many a schoolyard crush. The "lesbian" the kids were talking about happened to be an older lady who the kids had deemed to be creepy. So for several years, I knew I liked girls, but I thought I couldn't be a lesbian, because lesbians were apparently creepy. I hated myself for far too many years before I realized that I was ok.

I can guarantee you it's not a choice at all. It's something that's very much ingrained into my biological makeup. I knew I liked watching Daisy Duke more than Bo or Luke when I was 4 years old, years before I knew what gay, lesbian, sex, etc was. Who can explain that?
    10-31-14 01:50 PM
    I'm a Conservative Republican American and really don't care if this guy is gay or even care about gay marriage but honestly who frickin cares. The dude says he feels he's "lucky to be gay". Okaaay.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 08:34 PM
    No, they just introduce an NFC based payment system, and call that innovation. Oh...and btw

Attachment 310856
    Awesome ad!!
    10-31-14 10:25 PM
    BTW, Cook didn't just come out now. He's talked about this before, even years ago.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Funny how he seems to think he publicly came out today in his essay. The dummy.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-31-14 10:28 PM
    Why is this even a post?

Do we really need to know people sexual choices?

Posted via CB from my Z10
    Why comment on something that you don't find newsworthy?

There are tons of posts on here that I bypass because they don't interest me. And I don't comment on them.

10-31-14 10:31 PM
    Apple just, again, sold more phones than they've ever sold. And they sold them faster than before. The company has more cash on hand than the US government.

Why do they need a publicity stunt?

10-31-14 10:35 PM
    Frankly, it's none of our business and I think it's little more than a cheap publicity stunt on the part of Cook and Apple.

Flick-typed perfectly on my Z10
    Apple just, again, sold more phones than they've ever sold. And they sold them faster than before. The company has more cash on hand than the US government.

TGR1 likes this.
    10-31-14 10:41 PM
    Why comment on something that you don't find newsworthy?

There are tons of posts on here that I bypass because they don't interest me. And I don't comment on them.

Ditto. So. Well. Said.
    Moopusmaximus likes this.
    10-31-14 10:42 PM
    It's his life he can do what he wants..he can only answer for himself what if John Chen ( came out) lol.

Z30 Beast on Roids..
    10-31-14 10:48 PM
    For the people saying "why does this matter", here's a good read from the New York Times
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/31/te...to-be-gay.html

“Life is about role models,” said Mr. Glaser, who has worked in the tech industry for three decades. “If you’re a 14-year old kid and you find the C.E.O. of one of the most iconic companies in the world happens to be gay, you’ll think, ‘There’s no limit on what I can do.' ”
    It matters because role models matter. It matters because what a CEO says shouldn't always be viewed in light of how it will drive the stock, but perhaps the role model, the leader, the person people young and old look up to. As a leader in his field, his industry and his company standing up for your ideals matters. Being gay won't drive the stock price higher (or lower), it won't affect earnings, it won't affect the excellent products the company makes. It never has. It never well. How he identifies has always been and always will be a personal matter, and standing up publicly for something controversial is a great way of inspiring the generation behind him, the dreams, the losers, the kids who doubt themselves, everyone who's felt the same way but didn't have a crowd to stand behind him. He's a role model and leader. We appload leaders for standing up for world peace, for civil rights, for constitutional liberties, why shouldn't we also applaud him for standing up for the personal right to be who you were born to be?
    10-31-14 10:52 PM
    what if John Chen ( came out) lol.
    I'd be fine with it, but would def not see that coming
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    10-31-14 11:15 PM
    oh jeez..as usual dedicating pages of writing about someone who has followed the next 'trendy' thing. Apparently such things are celebrated and encouraged...well good for those who do.Now let me stick to a phone I like .....
    11-01-14 12:24 AM
    at least they don't release a 6 years old phone and call it innovation (BB Classic)
    ouch...that really hit right in the ...what were you aiming at again?
    11-01-14 12:30 AM
    oh jeez..as usual dedicating pages of writing about someone who has followed the next 'trendy' thing. Apparently such things are celebrated and encouraged...well good for those who do.Now let me stick to a phone I like .....
    Kind of devalues the guts it took to stand up for himself
    Last edited by mtaylor; 11-01-14 at 05:09 PM.
    11-01-14 12:50 AM
    I don't think you mean to accuse him of that, but wow...that's...below the belt. Really uncalled for. I think he's a classier guy than that, and we don't need to ban everyone to the closet for fear their special moment will be overshadowed by some thinking they're doing it for personal gain, much less protection.

We need more love, not less.
    Well, you're correct. I didn't mean to accuse him. It was just my first thought because he has already come out. Plus, I let it be known that I have no idea what I'm talking about in regards to Apple affairs. At any rate, I'm very sorry if I offended you in any way.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    11-01-14 02:19 AM
    Next week in the Korean version of Bloomberg:
    Samsung CEO proclaims: "I am gay too!"

All joking aside, this is wonderful.
    I hope the gay community can profit from this move.

It was kind of... a bad formulation to say that it was "God's greatest gift to be gay".
    This can be (and I am sure he T.Cook didn't mean it like that) interpreted very easily as homosexuels "being better than heterosexuals".
    That's the kind of ammo you don't want to give conservatives.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 03:32 AM
    I'm not sure what Cook being gay has anything to do with the iOS 7 color scheme. So are you saying it only appeals to gay people? If that's the case, any loved ones of yours own iPhones on iOS 7 or above?

Edit: I think we're perilously pushing a thread closure here. For no real good reason either.

Posted via CB10
    Hippies?
    Straight artistic people?
    Anyone with a preference for a colorful life?

Things can be a bit drab. Life in general. So spice it up.
    Colors are great.
    I've got pants and shirts in all sorts of colors.
    Anyone like the Philips Hue lights?
    So what about the default rainbow theme of the Samsung GS5?

Tim Cook comes out-img_20141101_200528.png

Noah was the first dude to see a rainbow, and God sits on his throne covered by a rainbow (according to Revelation). And we know he's definitely NOT a homosexual, even though he loves them too!!!

:-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-01-14 05:11 AM
    Let's hope the day comes when people feeling the need to "come out" isn't necessary. A person's sexuality should be their business.
    asherN likes this.
    11-01-14 07:26 AM
    at least they don't release a 6 years old phone and call it innovation (BB Classic)
    Be careful now. Maybe not quite six years for the iPhone but still late to the party...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-iphone-6.jpeg
    11-01-14 07:30 AM

Over time they have been losing market share to Android.

11-01-14 09:33 AM

Truth be told, everyone’s been losing market share to Android. At least Apple has been able to put up more of a fight now by directly addressing the most common criticisms about the iPhone (small screen, no NFC, no interactions between applications). In the high-priced segment of smartphones, Apple is doing very well actually.
    11-01-14 01:08 PM
    Gee, maybe you should let Reynolds know of these "facts"

Cigarette Company Announces Workplace Smoking Ban - US News
    Another good one is that Monsanto cafeteria at their headquarter serve exclusively Non-Gmo food while the company keep telling the public that GMO foods are safe
    Dave Bourque and MarsupilamiX like this.
    11-01-14 01:39 PM

comparing to Blackberry that has lost to everyone including Symbian, an os phased out years ago
    11-01-14 01:52 PM
167 ... 4567