11-02-14 12:48 PM
167 ... 23456 ...
tools
    OK. I had an idea this was coming. If you believe that, that's your opinion, and I won't debate it with you.
    Saw that one coming from a mile away. It's funny that people who don't seem to like this topic sure are posting a LOT about it.
    Apollo_IV likes this.
    10-30-14 09:12 PM
    This just in, Elton John is gay! How is this news?
    No need to respond if the article doesn't interest you. I didn't know that Tim Cook was gay until he came out publicly in this article. And most people didn't know either, despite the fact that you're pretending it's common knowledge.

Elton John, on the other hand, came out years ago, so these aren't exactly parallel.

Check the Google and the Twitter. It's all over the place today...

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-30-14 09:22 PM
    Saw that one coming from a mile away. It's funny that people who don't seem to like this topic sure are posting a LOT about it.
    They always seem to.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-30-14 09:22 PM
    Putting emphasis on such things like sexual orientation is what fuels the bullying !

As someone mentioned, if anything, great PR move, because it would appeal to most thoughtless minions who would actually applaud such things as opposed to think a little bit. (rolling my eyes at all this)

"coming out", writing blogs about being gay, etc... so pass, stupid and just shows the old school mindset about it all. Hence the problems that are related to it nowadays.
    Need to move forward and EVOLVE with the times.

even though his version of Evolving would result in extinction !
    Coming out doesn't fuel bullying. Homosexuals have been persecuted for their lifestyle for centuries. As more and more people come out, it is viewed as less and less creepy over time. When most gays kept it in the dark, they allowed the ignorance and discrimination to persist.

I'll bet we know personally far, far more openly gay people than our grandparents. And our kids will know and accept more of them than we do.

The public acknowledgement leads to public acceptance. Look what happened in under fifteen years in the US with gay marriage rights. 15 years ago, it was supported by ~30% of the population at best. Today, it's close to 60% of the population being supportive (http://www.pewresearch.org/data-tren...-gay-marriage/).

When people who are well respected come out, it changes perspectives and gives hope to others. If Michael Jordan came out when I was a teen, I can assure you that there would be a generation of young men playing basketball in pink laces.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    00stryder likes this.
    10-30-14 09:33 PM
    Gay or straight, Cook is a top-drawer operations man. The very best, in fact. When is the last time Apple wrote down unsold inventory? He's personally responsible for the unprecedented economies of scale Apple enjoys. He's also Steve Jobs' hand-picked successor, for whatever that may be worth.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LibertyPhone likes this.
    10-30-14 09:34 PM
    A lady at work told me about Tim Cook today. It was on her Facebook newsfeed. What she was doing checking FB while working I don't know. So anyway she tells me it's so weird and how it's against God and Religion and blah blah blah. I didn't want to talk religion so I told her: "Well, it doesn't really matter what you think. Tim Cook may be gay, but he makes more money than you, me, that guy, that guy, and pretty much everyone in here combined annually. So who's laughing now?"

Not the best answer but it did the trick and shut her up about it. lol. IMO, Tim Cook should have been able to come out a long time ago. It's just unfortunate that there are people out there who still have blind hatred towards things that are different and strange to them even though it doesn't affect their way of life in any way. It makes no sense to me.
    Skatophilia and SharonRD like this.
    10-30-14 09:37 PM
    Gay or straight, Cook is a top-drawer operations man. The very best, in fact. When is the last time Apple wrote down unsold inventory? He's personally responsible for the unprecedented economies of scale Apple enjoys. He's also Steve Jobs' hand-picked successor, for whatever that may be worth.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    He does seem to know what he's doing.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-30-14 09:37 PM
    why am i supposed to give a **** who he bangs?
    10-30-14 10:13 PM
    Personally, I don't know why ppl make such a big deal over the fact if ppl are or are not into the same genders. Tim Cook coming out is great as ppl have said - that kid who gets picked on now has hope and can fight back in a way. However the media should really be leaving it at that
    LibertyPhone likes this.
    10-30-14 10:29 PM
    so he found out he was gay at the age of 53? mhmm that's interesting...
    10-30-14 10:44 PM
    Here is something I thought of when hearing this news today.

Mabey, just mabey Tim got wind that he is going to be let go. If that's true, Apple couldn't pull the trigger on this decision just after he announces something like this. They could give all the reasons in the world, but it would look like discrimination. Probably not true, but it is what I thought of immediately.

For what it's worth, I have no issues with this announcement. If it helps just one kid out of depression and so forth, all the power to him. It is 2014. Many who don't understand or care to, should just get over it. No big deal. On the other hand, it is a huge deal for many dealing with self worth issues due to fear of not being accepted as they are. I'd hate to go through that and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-30-14 10:51 PM
    Here is something I thought of when hearing this news today.

Mabey, just mabey Tim got wind that he is going to be let go. If that's true, Apple couldn't pull the trigger on this decision just after he announces something like this. They could give all the reasons in the world, but it would look like discrimination. Probably not true, but it is what I thought of immediately.

For what it's worth, I have no issues with this announcement. If it helps just one kid out of depression and so forth, all the power to him. It is 2014. Many who don't understand or care to, should just get over it. No big deal. On the other hand, it is a huge deal for many dealing with self worth issues due to fear of not being accepted as they are. I'd hate to go through that and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    it makes no sense that he would just come out so late and randomly. He is like the brad pitt of silicon valley, this would have been well known by all paparazzi by now or at least some hints.

Very odd to be skeptical on this but given the circumstances it's hard to not be and i'm not all big into that conspiracy theory crap.
    10-30-14 11:19 PM
    so he found out he was gay at the age of 53? mhmm that's interesting...
    Yes, he woke up this morning and chose to be gay.
    MarsupilamiX and Skatophilia like this.
    10-30-14 11:53 PM
    Apple getting my desperate. But secks is now innovative!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:06 AM
    it makes no sense that he would just come out so late and randomly. He is like the brad pitt of silicon valley, this would have been well known by all paparazzi by now or at least some hints.

Very odd to be skeptical on this but given the circumstances it's hard to not be and i'm not all big into that conspiracy theory crap.
    I don't follow Apple and Tim Cook at all. I was just rambling about my first thoughts is all. I realize it's 99.9999 % improbable. Especially when I have no idea what I'm talking about.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    10-31-14 12:22 AM
    I still cringe thinking of the CNBC interview where the talking head asks him about being openly gay (he hadn't publically stated at the time) and all the hosts just cringed and jaws dropped.

Good for Tim on speaking out when he's ready
    10-31-14 12:27 AM
    You know what would really build consensus on this topic? More discussion. It's bound to work eventually.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 12:28 AM
    A lady at work told me about Tim Cook today. It was on her Facebook newsfeed. What she was doing checking FB while working I don't know. So anyway she tells me it's so weird and how it's against God and Religion and blah blah blah.
    I do not understand the need of some to air their religion and force their views on others. Being judgemental gets us all nowhere. As the misquoted Max Planck supposedly said, "Society progresses one funeral at a time." (the quote was actually about science, but it feels applicable to more)
    10-31-14 12:29 AM
    I don't think you mean to accuse him of that, but wow...that's...below the belt. Really uncalled for. I think he's a classier guy than that, and we don't need to ban everyone to the closet for fear their special moment will be overshadowed by some thinking they're doing it for personal gain, much less protection.

We need more love, not less.
    sentimentGX4 and TGR1 like this.
    10-31-14 12:30 AM
    He does seem to know what he's doing.
    For someone who's an expert in supply chain management, I'll agree he hasn't managed the supply of new devices very well. One of the tech blogs accused him (maybe 2yrs ago?) of actually intentionally restricting supply to build up demand/eurphoria for their devices. Basically the "he's too competent to intentionally mess up the supply chain of a launch this badly" argument. I think it's partially conspiracy theory, but funny to read.
    10-31-14 12:32 AM
    Here are news I'm proud to be normal and hetero sexuell where are the articles for us normal people?
    at least this news explains the overly bright look of apples post Jobs Ui..
    Your statement is very ignorant! who said that being heterosexual is "normal"(whatever that means) and all others are abnormal?
    jmr1015, SharonRD and LibertyPhone like this.
    10-31-14 12:47 AM
    Your statement is very ignorant! who said that being heterosexual is "normal"(whatever that means) and all others are abnormal?
    Seriously. How did this turn into gay-shaming and defining "normal"...there are a lot of people who identify at various points all along the sexuality spectrum, who are we to judge anyone for how they're born?
    SharonRD likes this.
    10-31-14 12:52 AM
    Gays have a choice.

And vaccinations cause autism.

Facts.
    10-31-14 12:52 AM
    When people who are well respected come out, it changes perspectives and gives hope to others. If Michael Jordan came out when I was a teen, I can assure you that there would be a generation of young men playing basketball in pink laces.t
    Also, the more people come out and put a 'personality' to a gay identity, those who aren't so supportive of gay people generally will come to see gay people as being human beings beyond what they get up to in the bedroom.

When a homophobe considers a gay person, you KNOW their mind's immediately jump to their mental picture of sexual imagery of activities they find unpleasant (and ironically very often want to participate in themselves, but internalized homophobia is another topic).

Seeing gay people that are behaving like any other person in the real world helps redefine gay people beyond the sexual orientation: a gay person buying groceries is just a person buying groceries. Eventually, these homophobe's haul their own minds out of the mental backroom orgy they're constantly and probably tantalizingly stuck in whenever the word "gay" is uttered.

Let's put it this way. Richard Cheney, former Vice President of the United States, also known as "four asterisks Cheney", is heterosexual. Now, when you hear the name "**** Cheney" are you instantly picturing him all sweaty and humping away with his wife in their monogamous relationship? No? Well, lucky you! But for homophobes, when they hear someone is gay, they're instantly picturing their idea of 'disgusting' sexual activities 100% imagined in their own little minds, and that is largely what fuels their homophobia.

Is it ironic that homophobes are more obsessed with gay sex than most gay people? No, but every time a homophobe is presented with a gay person just going about their business day by day, that focus on the "sex" part of "homosexual" is diluted, and they may start to see gay people like they see straight people: just as people.
    10-31-14 12:56 AM
    And just like the crap they sell, hardly innovative it would be: Tim Cook isn't the only openly gay CEO - Oct. 30, 2014
    at least they don't release a 6 years old phone and call it innovation (BB Classic)
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-31-14 12:59 AM
167 ... 23456 ...