11-02-14 11:48 AM
167 123 ...
tools
    Good read.

Tim Cook Speaks Up - Businessweek

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-30-14 09:12 AM
    Oh, thought it was about his orientation.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 10:19 AM
    Not exactly a surprise, CNBC outed him a few months ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 11:04 AM
    I'm coming out too, if that is so cool and makes me awesome.

I'm straight, there I said it!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    10-30-14 11:36 AM
    I'm coming out too, if that is so cool and makes me awesome.

I'm straight, there I said it!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    If doing so helps prevent someone from being miserable or taking their life, good for you.

IOW, read the article first.
    10-30-14 11:49 AM
    This just in, Elton John is gay! How is this news?
    rocker_man1 likes this.
    10-30-14 11:57 AM
    Oh, thought it was about his orientation.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I thought so too

Q10
    10-30-14 12:03 PM
    Thanks OP for the post and link. Cant agree with you on the fact that it was a good read. In fact, I found the article stupid that it was written, let alone published !
    LoneStarRed and adonispeniel like this.
    10-30-14 12:41 PM
    Not exactly a surprise, CNBC outed him a few months ago.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that was painful to watch.

Dude's all .... "Well Tim Cook is gay!"

Stunned silence all around the table.

"Oh dear. Have I made a mistake?"

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-30-14 12:50 PM
    Thanks OP for the post and link. Cant agree with you on the fact that it was a good read. In fact, I found the article stupid that it was written, let alone published !
    Why is it stupid? If some kid getting beat up at school because he's gay can draw a little hope from the fact that the chief executive of the most successful business enterprise in history is also gay, then good show I say.

10-30-14 12:59 PM
    Very cool.

Also, EXCELLENT business decision and PR move.

While I'm sure that's not the only reason, and that it's also very personal, as a marketing guy.

DAMN that was a master stroke.

Well done Apple... well done.

Via passport
    bakron1 likes this.
    10-30-14 01:03 PM
    Good for him but honestly this has been public knowledge for quite some time, if he's so "proud" why did he avoid the rumors for so many years? It would have been much braver years ago, now the move will be questioned as a PR stunt. Nevertheless, good for him.
    10-30-14 01:08 PM
    Why is it stupid? If some kid getting beat up at school because he's gay can draw a little hope from the fact that the chief executive of the most successful business enterprise in history is also gay, then good show I say.

Well said and very true.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-30-14 01:14 PM
    As the CEO of Apple, I'm sure there were some possible business ramifications to consider before coming out. For example, Apple is in preliminary negotiations to enter the market in Iran - a country where homosexuality is a crime punishable by imprisonment. There are many countries where something like this could affect their business.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-30-14 01:15 PM

Putting emphasis on such things like sexual orientation is what fuels the bullying !

As someone mentioned, if anything, great PR move, because it would appeal to most thoughtless minions who would actually applaud such things as opposed to think a little bit. (rolling my eyes at all this)

"coming out", writing blogs about being gay, etc... so pass, stupid and just shows the old school mindset about it all. Hence the problems that are related to it nowadays.
    Need to move forward and EVOLVE with the times.

even though his version of Evolving would result in extinction !
    10-30-14 01:28 PM
    I so wish articles like this weren't necessary. And I truly believe by the end of the decade they won't be; but for now... Good reminder that the arc of history is towards progress and enlightenment.
    10-30-14 01:29 PM
    Putting emphasis on such things like sexual orientation is what fuels the bullying !

As someone mentioned, if anything, great PR move, because it would appeal to most thoughtless minions who would actually applaud such things as opposed to think a little bit. (rolling my eyes at all this)

"coming out", writing blogs about being gay, etc... so pass, stupid and just shows the old school mindset about it all. Hence the problems that are related to it nowadays.
    Need to move forward and EVOLVE with the times.

even though his version of Evolving would result in extinction !
    Oh yeah, when you put it that way. I mean c'mon it's not like anyone ever uses "gay" as an insult or homosexual slurs as insults. Everyone loves and accepts the homosexual community. Only 20 or 30 US states even prohibit them from marrying, sodomy is only a crime in a few dozen US states and almost half the world's countries won't put you in jail for it. Why anyone would talk about such things as a happy successful gay man is beyond me. S.M.H.
    10-30-14 01:34 PM
    Good for Tim. Its 2014 and its sad people still feel the need to hide their sexual orientation because some don't accept it. I hope this encourages others
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-30-14 01:51 PM
    Oh yeah, when you put it that way. I mean c'mon it's not like anyone ever uses "gay" as an insult or homosexual slurs as insults. Everyone loves and accepts the homosexual community. Only 20 or 30 US states even prohibit them from marrying, sodomy is only a crime in a few dozen US states and almost half the world's countries won't put you in jail for it. Why anyone would talk about such things as a happy successful gay man is beyond me. S.M.H.
    The state of affairs has to tell you something...... writing blogs and such is not the solution.

Can you imagine if successful CEOs, idols, diplomats, etc. wrote about being......straight?
    10-30-14 02:03 PM

Fair point, but a couple of things should be noted:

1. The kid getting beaten up at school because he's gay has obviously been outed already, whereas Tim Cook kept that to himself until he was successful.

2. The fact that he is the CEO of Apple has nothing to do with his sexual orientation.

I long for the day when this kind of news doesn't matter, because everyone will just see each other for the individuals they are, not by silly things like race, gender and sexual orientation.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    shupor, undone and SmileDahling like this.
    10-30-14 02:23 PM
    The only thing notable about this is that it is in any way news. At least in Canada I think we've largely moved past the point of caring about sexual orientation.
    Timbosaurus, Yasch22 and rickkel like this.
    10-30-14 02:26 PM
    For those who ask "why is this even news," I suggest you go to the BBM Channel for TIME magazine, scroll down a bit to an article from Sunday about the US recognizing same-sex marriage and read all those cruel comments. If people only minded their own business and didn't force their own beliefs or values onto others, then this wouldn't be news.
    10-30-14 03:10 PM
    I don't really care one way or the other. He's a CEO. What's important is his business decisions not his sexuality.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    pkcable, bakron1 and app_Developer like this.
    10-30-14 03:13 PM
    Makes me hate Apple a little less.

Psych. Not really. But good for Mr. Cook.
    10-30-14 03:32 PM
    Now he'll get attacked by the AMA for pushing the Gay agenda. They went after Shepard smith for calming ebola fears. AMA and other hard core religious groups need to STFU.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    10-30-14 03:33 PM
167 123 ...