Is it too early to think about it? If its going to be LTE capable, i'm sure a prototype is already out there for testing.
    03-29-09 10:34 PM
    I don't think a prototype is out for testing already. **** they have even started the 9520... But they might be doing some stuff internally, but I don't think to the carriers yet.
    03-29-09 10:48 PM
    I don't think a prototype is out for testing already. **** they have even started the 9520... But they might be doing some stuff internally, but I don't think to the carriers yet.
    That's what i meant, internally.
    03-29-09 10:55 PM
    Oh okay. Then yeah I think they are doing some stuff internally with a new Storm. Besides the 9520.
    03-29-09 11:11 PM
    well if new storm you mean the storm that has a fixed screen like the iphone but is otherwise identical with wifi and such i think its already being tested as we speak.. pluto i think is its name
    03-29-09 11:44 PM
    well if new storm you mean the storm that has a fixed screen like the iphone but is otherwise identical with wifi and such i think its already being tested as we speak.. pluto i think is its name
    The pluto is the first 9900, touchscreen Bold with full QWERTY. The Storm your thinking about is the 9520 for GSM carriers.
    03-29-09 11:46 PM
    But i think the Pluto is for At&t. Don't care what they get.
    03-29-09 11:47 PM
    But i think the Pluto is for At&t. Don't care what they get.
    I'll try to find out who the 99xx series will be for. GSM or CDMA. I'll get back with that.
    03-30-09 01:26 AM
    I thought I read somewhere on here that the Pluto got scrapped. Also think I heard the next Storm is being called Oden at the moment.

If theyre going to start releasing devices this fast then RIM needs to come up with a 'trade in' program of some sorts. Its getting a little out of control now
    03-30-09 01:45 AM
    they need a storm os that works before they make new phones
    03-30-09 08:25 AM
    I'm thinking Storm 2.0 will be LTE, plus maybe, JUST maybe it will have wifi, or will having LTE make wifi moot? Guess we'll see in about 2 years.
    03-30-09 09:37 AM
    I thought I read somewhere on here that the Pluto got scrapped. Also think I heard the next Storm is being called Oden at the moment.

If theyre going to start releasing devices this fast then RIM needs to come up with a 'trade in' program of some sorts. Its getting a little out of control now
    Yes the 9900 Pluto, the first design was scraped for a newer form factor. But the whole 99xx series didn't get scraped.
    03-30-09 12:41 PM
    I'm thinking Storm 2.0 will be LTE, plus maybe, JUST maybe it will have wifi, or will having LTE make wifi moot? Guess we'll see in about 2 years.
    Good question. Will Verizon's LTE speed be faster than WI-FI?
    03-30-09 08:59 PM
    With the speeds they are claiming with LTE, wifi will pretty much be useless. I doubt wifi will ever be mainstream with Verizon anyway, they like to control the flow of data too much...
    03-30-09 09:35 PM
    They are claiming 8mbps... and you dont have to go through the average home router and modem to get back to the internet.
    03-30-09 09:41 PM
    WiFi is way moot in the land of LTE...

Verizon, AT&T Reveal More LTE Details Unwired View

I'm building a bubble to live in until LTE comes out, just to ensure I live to see it.

I live in one of the test markets...We could be seeing it end of '09, early '10...limited only by availability of LTE handsets...
    03-30-09 10:31 PM
    They are claiming 8mbps... and you dont have to go through the average home router and modem to get back to the internet.
    So how much faster is that than wi-fi or even wi-max?
    03-30-09 11:52 PM
    So how much faster is that than wi-fi or even wi-max?
    IT depends how fast the WiFi or Wi-Max connection is...Per the article - Verizon, AT&T Reveal More LTE Details Unwired View LTE has seen speeds up to 60 Mbps. Go out and test your local WiFi speeds with a laptop or something dude. That's the only way you will get a good comparison.
    03-31-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD