tools
    Hi all just wondering if there is a new
    Phone on the making...
    Or whatever it's brewing for the 2015
    Any idea?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 05:48 PM
    Merry Christmas!!,nobody knows but we all know John HATES leaks,so I wouldn't be surprised,show us some innovation ,right?actually they're are a few ,lot's of buzz around here ,lol
    12-24-14 05:56 PM
    Can't wait for a new full touch
    12-24-14 05:59 PM
    Which one is it? Is the Rio?

Just wondering if the Z30 will have a successor..
    Planning on buying the z30 but I don't want kick Myself. After if a new hand set comes out

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 09:51 PM
    I think the biggest question is what will come to Verizon that is a hardware upgrade to the Z10. The Classic is not an upgrade.
    12-24-14 09:57 PM
    I hope no. The worst thing Blackberry needs is a diluting value and brand. 3 devices is the max a company of this size needs. 2 would be better with the ability to keep last year's model in catalog la Apple.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:46 AM
    They need to end 2016 with all 64-bit phones. 1 super all touch phone with excellent specs, 1 passport successor, and 1 classic successor with up to date specs. Let the next Z3 be a Z30 internally but with 1080p. No more of this 720p stuff.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    12-25-14 07:55 PM
    They need to end 2016 with all 64-bit phones. 1 super all touch phone with excellent specs, 1 passport successor, and 1 classic successor with up to date specs. Let the next Z3 be a Z30 internally but with 1080p. No more of this 720p stuff.

Not sure whether the dual-core (with the current Adreno GPU) can actually push that many pixels and "stay respectable"... :-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    KCSFINEST likes this.
    12-27-14 03:59 AM
    John alluded to a dual sim phone for the spring on MSNBC and given that they just announced two keyboard units, would they launch a third ?

I'm hoping to see some wide spectrum specialized devices for government with highly secure features across voice, email and data. With Boeing jumping into the game, why shouldn't Blackberry ?
    12-27-14 11:06 AM
    Which one is it? Is the Rio?

Just wondering if the Z30 will have a successor..
    Planning on buying the z30 but I don't want kick Myself. After if a new hand set comes out

Posted via CB10
    Rio is the Z20. Its the scrapped version of the Z3 LTE with added modifications. Z30 is still the best all touch for now.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 09:54 AM
    John alluded to a dual sim phone for the spring on MSNBC and given that they just announced two keyboard units, would they launch a third ?

I'm hoping to see some wide spectrum specialized devices for government with highly secure features across voice, email and data. With Boeing jumping into the game, why shouldn't Blackberry ?
    Keyboards are where BlackBerry now live.... Have heard talk already of a new Passport (milk them while you can), and a spring loaded keyboard (maybe a torch).

There is still a lot of hope for a high end all touch for Z10 and Z30 users to upgrade to. Will the Z20 be the best of the best??
    12-29-14 01:24 PM
    I want:

Classic like keyboard (4 rows) but with Passport like touch gesture support on physical keyboard
    4 screen but slightly narrower than Passport

---

I'd also love:
    Z10/Z30 sized device with higher resolution screen
    And Toolbelt. Think of Z30 + Torch

And
    Slide-out physical Keyboard (does not need to be touch enabled like Passport, because there would be a toolbelt anyway)

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 04:20 AM
    For somebody who has had a Z10 since its release, I'm pleased at the announcement of the Z20.

I was due an upgrade months ago but there aren't any options that take my fancy. I'm hoping the Z20 is planned to be the natural successor to the Z10. On a personal level, I really think long-term, BB need to sort their phone mapping out to fit in with contract and release date cycles.
    12-30-14 04:25 PM
    The Z20 is a very small upgrade. On contract the price of that phone will be $150. If I was you I'd just wait till they bring quad-core 64-bit hardware out. The battery life and lifetime of that phone will be much longer than the Z20.

12-30-14 07:53 PM
    The Z20 is a very small upgrade. On contract the price of that phone will be $150. If I was you I'd just wait till they bring quad-core 64-bit hardware out. The battery life and lifetime of that phone will be much longer than the Z20.

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
    12-30-14 09:28 PM
    How is it ridiculous? The phone is being released as a down grade from the z30 which has been out for years. I'm a z10 owner I'm not touching the so called z20 and there are plenty of owners not very pleased.

Posted via CB10
    tanzarian likes this.
    12-31-14 09:07 AM
    "High end" new full touch.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 12:49 PM
    Keyboards are where BlackBerry now live.... Have heard talk already of a new Passport (milk them while you can), and a spring loaded keyboard (maybe a torch).

There is still a lot of hope for a high end all touch for Z10 and Z30 users to upgrade to. Will the Z20 be the best of the best??
    The Z 20 will be coming out fairly soon but it is not supposed to be a high end device. It is supposed to be a reasonably priced touch screen phone for the enterprise market. They will probably release new high end touch and keyboard phones after they release the gladiator software Mr Chen was talking about, and they are supposed to be releasing that in June.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 01:16 PM
    How is it ridiculous? The phone is being released as a down grade from the z30 which has been out for years. I'm a z10 owner I'm not touching the so called z20 and there are plenty of owners not very pleased.

Posted via CB10
    This Z20 or what you call it, is absolutely the correct call by BlackBerry. Time for a bit of reality. In the US, greater than 50% of the gainfully employed earns less than 28, 000 per year. I'd you think these people are going to shell out 800 dollars for a cheapy iPhone, you are smoking something good. The Z20 is a great value proposition for this portion of the population. And the best thing, Apple won't and can't compete as iOS8 is unable to deliver a solid user experience with less than optimal specs. Smart move by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:06 PM
    Your out of touch with reality buddy. There is a reason why the iPhone's and other Android flagship phones are outselling BlackBerry phones. It has nothing to do with price points and everything to do with the user experience. Who I think the BlackBerry user experience is much better then it has been there are still many downfalls to your average smart phone user.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 05:29 PM
    This Z20 or what you call it, is absolutely the correct call by BlackBerry. Time for a bit of reality. In the US, greater than 50% of the gainfully employed earns less than 28, 000 per year. I'd you think these people are going to shell out 800 dollars for a cheapy iPhone, you are smoking something good.
    In the US, 99.99% of 13 year old girls make less than $1,000 a year, and yet a majority of them carry an iPhone. You might be surprised at how people prioritize their spending.
    01-04-15 05:43 PM
    In the US, 99.99% of 13 year old girls make less than $1,000 a year, and yet a majority of them carry an iPhone. You might be surprised at how people prioritize their spending.
    I think their parents have a lot to do with them having iPhones
    01-04-15 05:56 PM
    Exactly! Everybody has a iPhone or Samsung. Probably some of the most expensive phones everybody has. ZERO to do with how much a phone cost.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    01-04-15 07:51 PM
    I think their parents have a lot to do with them having iPhones
    That's the point. How much someone makes has little to do with whether they buy flagship phones or not. In the US, flagship phones are the norm, not the exception, which is why it's the single most valuable market, and also where Apple is the strongest.
    techvisor likes this.
    01-04-15 08:41 PM
    This Z20 or what you call it, is absolutely the correct call by BlackBerry. Time for a bit of reality. In the US, greater than 50% of the gainfully employed earns less than 28, 000 per year. I'd you think these people are going to shell out 800 dollars for a cheapy iPhone, you are smoking something good. The Z20 is a great value proposition for this portion of the population. And the best thing, Apple won't and can't compete as iOS8 is unable to deliver a solid user experience with less than optimal specs. Smart move by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    The Z20 is the correct call for enterprise customers that want to give their employees an option between a touch or PKB device. This idea that Joe consumer, or Suzy 13 year old girl is going to rush out and buy this phone with its low end specs at a mid-range price (rumoured at $299... ugh... BB will never learn) is simply fantasy.
    01-04-15 09:38 PM
34 12