10-02-13 03:17 AM
26 12
tools
    I think based on recent developments and as per Wasta's remarks TH will be fired before Nov 4th. I do not think FairFax or any other company would want TH as part of new company. TH had tough job but his over optimistic view, over estimation of BB10 manufacturing reduced the value of BB over night..literally in less than 4 months. Made Jabil rich and BB longs poor.
    10-01-13 10:22 AM
    TH should be fired. The launch of BB10 was poor at best and the BBM launch is a complete disaster. Instead he is going to get a huge bonus for selling the company to Fairfax. Go figure.

If I failed at work like this I would be fired.

Posted via CB10
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    10-01-13 10:37 AM
    I agree he should be fired. He produced a great base product in bb10, but that's less than half the battle...MUCH less. He clearly doesn't know how to sell anything. What kind of businessman doesn't know how ask the right questions about market conditions and then act appropriately to produce and SELL a product? Not one that claims to be worth millions to a company that's for sure.

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    10-01-13 10:50 AM
    TH used studies to project demand. He didn't pull numbers from out his
    .. well you know.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:10 AM
    And who wants to take over, and what kind of CEO "package" will they require?

Might as well leave TH in place for now... would it make a difference at this point?
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-01-13 11:14 AM
    I think based on recent developments and as per Wasta's remarks TH will be fired before Nov 4th. ...
    What are Watsas remarks? Did I miss something?

But back to topic: I think you're right. At the beginning I wanted him to succeed (as TH I'm german), but I don't like his whole style of presenting the new platform and all around it - it totally sucked.
    Without a doubt the devices and software they released are superior (at least to me), but they came too late and did / do miss several features of legacy devices or competitor's devices. Anyways you can't give him credit for the devices as they were designed by other people.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:15 AM
    What are Watsas remarks? Did I miss something?

But back to topic: I think you're right. At the beginning I wanted him to succeed (as TH I'm german), but I don't like his whole style of presenting the new platform and all around it - it totally sucked.
    Without a doubt the devices and software they released are superior (at least to me), but they came too late and did / do miss several features of legacy devices or competitor's devices. Anyways you can't give him credit for the devices as they were designed by other people.

Posted via CB10
    If you do bit of googling, I think he said within few days that it's good company, blah..blah and then he indirectly suggested if it needs new leadership so be it.
    10-01-13 11:30 AM
    If Thor gets fired, can we please revoke his Canadian citizenship?
    gg22 and Shlooky like this.
    10-01-13 11:33 AM
    I agree that he should be fired. He's an inept manager who's damaged the BlackBerry brand to the point of near death.

He should be out front and centre on the BBM issue, explaining what's going on and when we can expect some news. We know he didn't want xBBM, but what good is sabotaging it now?
    10-01-13 11:38 AM
    If you do bit of googling, I think he said within few days that it's good company, blah..blah and then he indirectly suggested if it needs new leadership so be it.
    Yeah, just found it. There?s a thread about it in this forum.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:39 AM
    TH used studies to project demand. He didn't pull numbers from out his
    .. well you know.

Posted via CB10
    Well he clearly used the wrong studies then.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:13 PM
    It's my understanding that if Thor is let go, he gets his 55 mil., so why not demote him to a lower position @lower pay. If he doesn't like it he can leave and not get his 55 mil.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:22 PM
    Well he clearly used the wrong studies then.

Posted via CB10
    Point is any exec would do this. And probably draw similar conclusions.

Point is that this is not all his fault.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:36 PM
    It's my understanding that if Thor is let go, he gets his 55 mil., so why not demote him to a lower position @lower pay. If he doesn't like it he can leave and not get his 55 mil.

Posted via CB10

demoting him to pay him less and avoid the payment of a parachute clause would be "creative dismissal" and would be illegal under Canadian labour laws i think
    10-01-13 12:37 PM
    I think he gets 55 millions if company is sold so why would he work hard for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:46 PM
    If is fired he gets whatever BlackBerry agreed to pay, not 55mil.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 12:47 PM
    Vivek For CEO!
    milo53, kfh227 and eldricho like this.
    10-01-13 01:15 PM
    In my opinion he should be dismissed. Clearly beyond some major cost cutting changes every other decision he made was less than stellar. I really wanted him to succeed at bringing new life to BlackBerry and was in general impressed with his style at first but when it came down to it, he talked a lot and delivered little.

Assuming the buyout is completed as planned I think this is the time to begin a good house cleaning, and I've no doubt that will happen. As to the timing I really don't think he'll be officially gone before the buyout but will be during the transition to new ownership, the music will stop and he won't find his old chair empty.
    10-01-13 02:26 PM
    If is fired he gets whatever BlackBerry agreed to pay, not 55mil.

Posted via CB10
    WRONG !

Do you not think that he (or his lawyer) anticipated that contingency ? I'm sure he get's the $55 Million as either as a no-fault departing "gift" or as a result of a sale. Either way, he will take the cash and run....they always do !

On a related note, I wish this was better crafted as I can't see how he can do any better than an outright sale at this point, I don't think he's even thinking of the day-to-day running of the company, what's the point from his perspective ?
    10-01-13 02:40 PM
    he should go now,as he will have loads of money after killing bb
    10-01-13 02:53 PM
    I've said it before, BB needs a strong, wise and charismatic leader. Unfortunately they are few of them.
    10-01-13 03:31 PM
    Why not wait til Ballmer is fired and then fire Thor?

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 04:32 PM
    agreed, i see him being canned, he did well managing the books but did a **** job selling the product
    10-01-13 05:01 PM
    And who wants to take over, and what kind of CEO "package" will they require?

Might as well leave TH in place for now... would it make a difference at this point?
    Firing him now would save shareholders approximately USD55 million.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-02-13 02:19 AM
    At the rate this I don't think that is our biggest worry...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 03:06 AM
26 12