10-23-14 12:11 PM
48 12
tools
    I feel badly for real muslims...the peaceful who pay the price for the ones like yesterday who only latched onto Islam a year ago because they are sick, disenfranchised youth who view their warped idea of Islam and an excuse to behave like antisocial little nitwits.

These people like the shooter? Aren't real Muslims.

They just co opt it as an excuse to act poorly, and to hell with the millions and millions of peaceful believers in Islam. I hope as a country we are smart enough to not blame all for the actions of *****, sick little twits like the shooter yesterday, but judging by some of the comments I've read make me doubt it. And that makes me sad.
    10-23-14 07:58 AM
    These people like the shooter? Aren't real Muslims.

They just co opt it as an excuse to act poorly, and to hell with the millions and millions of peaceful believers in Islam.
    sure, they are fake muslims... when was the last terrorist attack and killing innocent people done by buddhists or christians, just because they want to rule the world?
    Sad thing is that political correctness does not allow tv stations to show movies like this: - that is what really happens and how it looks like when ISIS has power (you may jump to 2:30)
    10-23-14 08:13 AM
    This terrorist give is verus hwo must be find the medecin

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:17 AM
    Oh let's not get into a pissing contest on Christian history.

For the record, I am not a believer of ANY organized religion. All are co opted and used to excuse any and all kinds of horrible behaviour.
    sonicpix likes this.
    10-23-14 08:18 AM
    I think we all need to settle down a bit. Expressing condolences to our northerly neighbors is one thing. Condemning an entire religion and launching into political debate is another -- and not recommended in these forums. Let's keep it civil, please.
    reeneebob and Bungalow_Bill like this.
    10-23-14 08:19 AM
    Thank you.
    10-23-14 08:22 AM
    Closed for review.

Reopened.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 10-23-14 at 08:38 AM.
    10-23-14 08:26 AM
    After decades of dropping bombs innocent people in far away countries it's only inevitable for the fight to find its way back to your safe bubble. Don't be so surprised.
    Innocent people eh? I guess you don't really know what your talking about. Haven't been shot at or have friends died? It's okay to have different opinions just this isn't the thread of it

Commander and Chief of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-23-14 09:45 AM
    There was an excellent article by Glenn Greenwald just two days ago on this very topic. I think he put it bluntly by saying that Canada now has been in a low grade war posture for 13 years and it should surprise no one that violence abroad leads to violence at home. The preceding statement highlights causation not justification.

It is at these times that I carefully think of the words of Dalton Camp, one of Canada's best columnists and political commentators. Twenty years ago when addressing the violence in Bosnia, he suggested we approach the situation the way a doctor approaches a patient. First, do no harm. Next, think about the patient and treat the disease not the symptoms. Wise words indeed.

Posted via CB10
    And in this day in time they would simply chop you head off for being an Infidel.

Go ahead. Go talk to them with your "do no harm" idea. I wish you luck.

BlackBerry hates America!
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-23-14 10:15 AM
    Not for nothing, but prisons in the US and Canada are filled with the most vile, disgusting, violent folks. Very few of them are Muslim. I don't personally care why you attack me or the people I love. If you come for me, I'm coming back at you twice as hard. Given that folks all over the world feel that way, it doesn't much matter what or who started it. But the US and its allies have killed more than a million innocent civilians since 9/11. Anyone who thinks that is making them safer, is as ignorant as anyone that tries to hurt those I love in the name of Allah, revenge or anything else. It's true violence only begets violence. And citizens all over the world have done a **** poor job of holding their leaders accountable for the indiscriminate violence done in their name. But to think that any significant population from any nation would act like Ghandi and get their head's kicked in, rather than strike back is naive.
    Thesmartmale, sonicpix and sayf777 like this.
    10-23-14 10:34 AM
    The victim wasn't even armed, the killers actions are not something to be proud of.RIP
    10-23-14 10:39 AM
    Innocent people eh? I guess you don't really know what your talking about. Haven't been shot at or have friends died? It's okay to have different opinions just this isn't the thread of it

Habs - you realize that more than 100,000 children under 10 have been killed by US and allied bombing since 9/11. That is by our reporting - not theirs. I served during the first Gulf War, - trust me, it's no different for anyone who sees a loved one killed. We all become radicalized against each other. Thinking there are no innocents in a Muslim Country makes you exactly like those who think their are no innocent Americans or Canadians. You take what someone has done in another's name, and make it both their crimes.
    Thesmartmale and sonicpix like this.
    10-23-14 10:40 AM
    After decades of dropping bombs innocent people in far away countries it's only inevitable for the fight to find its way back to your safe bubble. Don't be so surprised.
    What a ridiculous statement. This has nothing to do with any foreign policy. It has everything to do with terrorist wanting to destroy democracy and our way of life in order to spread their hatred.

Shame on you for presenting any sort of a justification.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    10-23-14 10:47 AM

Lmao, quite possibly the worst counter argument ever, as if you haven't been shot at you don't have a right to an opinion?

Are you denying US Army has killed innocent civilians?
    10-23-14 10:53 AM
    Oh Obama would say its work place violence the dumb *** he is he cant even say what they are Islamic Terrorist.

I feel so bad for you in Canada, these bastards are not stopping stay alert and lock and load
    10-23-14 10:55 AM
    What a ridiculous statement. This has nothing to do with any foreign policy. It has everything to do with terrorist wanting to destroy democracy and our way of life in order to spread their hatred.

Shame on you for presenting any sort of a justification.

It's cause and effect, I'm not supporting it in any way, I'm just saying don't be surprised it happens.

It's tit for tat, an eye for an eye and all that jazz, it's a never ending circle.
    10-23-14 10:57 AM
    Lmao, quite possibly the worst counter argument ever, as if you haven't been shot at you don't have a right to an opinion?

Are you denying US Army has killed innocent civilians?
    This terrorist intentionally targeted innocent people. That's far different than collateral damage.

I think it's time for you to move on to another thread, or even a different forum.

habs_fan likes this.
    10-23-14 10:58 AM
    It's cause and effect, I'm not supporting it in any way, I'm just saying don't be surprised it happens.

It's tit for tat, an eye for an eye and all that jazz, it's a never ending circle.
    It's not cause and effect. This terrorist didn't target us because of a foreign policy. He targeted is because we are free and democratic.

Clearly your understanding of terrorism and foreign affairs needs work. Time for you to move on.

habs_fan likes this.
    10-23-14 11:00 AM
    Assalamu 'Alaikum (May peace be upon you) brothers and sisters The Islam I practice does not teach us to kill for it is unlawful we do not oppress our women as ppl claim women have rights just as men we don't kill in the name of allah/god it is an insult to Islam from these terrorist groups such as isis and others to say they fight jihad/holy war and killing so many innocent may allah/god be there judge we are a peaceful ppl these extremist are not Muslim... my condolences for lives lost..may allah/god bring comfort to the families.....Assalamu 'Alaikum (May peace be upon you)

Z30 Beast on Roids....
    10-23-14 11:03 AM
    Ok, stick your head in the sand and the problem will go away, good luck with that.

PS I live in Northern Ireland, I have a much better understanding then you might think.
    bakron1 and Thesmartmale like this.
    10-23-14 11:04 AM
    Assalamu 'Alaikum (May peace be upon you) brothers and sisters The Islam I practice does not teach us to kill for it is unlawful we do not oppress our women as ppl claim women have rights just as men we don't kill in the name of allah/god it is an insult to Islam from these terrorist groups such as isis and others to say they fight jihad/holy war and killing so many innocent may allah/god be there judge we are a peaceful ppl these extremist are not Muslim... my condolences for lives lost..may allah/god bring comfort to the families.....Assalamu 'Alaikum (May peace be upon you)

Z30 Beast on Roids....
    Thanks damienricardo. These people have perverted your religion and it is a shame.
    damienR and reeneebob like this.
    10-23-14 11:07 AM

Z30 Beast on Roids....
    Salaam my fellow Muslim thanks for this.

Islam does not condone such actions. Anyone using Allah (God) as motivation of such actions is not a Muslim and not a follower of Islam (or any religion while we're at it)

Posted via CB10
    damienR, crazigee and Thesmartmale like this.
    10-23-14 11:19 AM
    I respectfully requested that people stick to the subject and NOT launch into a political debate, yet since this thread was reopened people have done exactly that. I now respectfully suggest everyone move on.
    BigBadWulf and hpjrt like this.
    10-23-14 12:11 PM
48 12