10-23-14 01:11 PM
48 12
tools
    As a citizen of Glasgow which suffered it's own attempted terrorist attack I feel for the victims in Ottawa.

My thoughts are with all Canadians on this sad day.

Via CB10 from Scotland on my awesome PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-22-14 01:54 PM
    10-22-14 01:59 PM
    The world is a scary place these days!
    maddie1128 and JamieWilson01 like this.
    10-22-14 01:59 PM
    My condolences to the family who've lost their loved one
    No one deserves to die like like this. RIP

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and JamieWilson01 like this.
    10-22-14 02:04 PM
    I have a friend in the RCMP who is a member of the PM's personal security. This craziness makes me so scared for him. I hate his job.

Posted via CB10
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    10-22-14 03:17 PM
    I feel for our Canadian neighbors to the north for the attack in their Capitol today. As an American and a veteran who served this great nation we live in. I hate to see anything like this happen.

Unfortunately we live in a world with people out there who are hell bent on destroying the beliefs we have and our freedoms and will go to great lengths to do so.

I have faith that this will be resolved and the people responsible for it will be brought to swift justice. God bless our great nations.
    10-22-14 04:41 PM
    Sad day indeed. CBC news reporter was showing a picture he took on his Q30 of the car the shooter drove
    Terrorist attack.-img_20141022_114517.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 05:32 PM
    Condolences from germany, i hope justice will be served
    nothingworks likes this.
    10-22-14 05:45 PM
    One of the gunmen was sht and killed inside Parliament Hill in the corridor outside the Parliamentary Library. So far we haven't heard how many gunmen there were or how successful they've been in capturing them. There were, however reports of shots at a nearby mall and a hotel.

As a Canadian, I am shocked by the recent terror attacks. It was just a day or so ago when two Canadian soldiers were run down deliberately by a home-grown extremist.

My condolences go to the families of the affected soldiers. The one shot today was a reservist who was part of the ceremonial guard of the war memorial.

Very sad and very strange to be happening here.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-22-14 05:54 PM
    it sickens me to think that groups like ISIS and the Taliban think they can get away with this and that it is ok. I want my country to stand up and start bombing the crap out of those muslim nations that have been occupied by ISIS.

Canada will be intimidated by this crap!!
    10-22-14 10:02 PM
    it sickens me to think that groups like ISIS and the Taliban think they can get away with this and that it is ok. I want my country to stand up and start bombing the crap out of those muslim nations that have been occupied by ISIS.

We (America) have been bombing those countries for the past 12 years, I think that's part of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    johnnychest, 1magine and techvisor like this.
    10-22-14 10:17 PM
    Was the terrorist Muslim?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:19 PM
    We (America) have been bombing those countries for the past 12 years, I think that's part of the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Don't think so.

BlackBerry hates America!
    zephyr613 and LP_Rigg like this.
    10-22-14 10:52 PM
    If he is Muslim he is a Terrorist, if he's anyone else he will have a "mental illness." RIP to the fallen soldier, no one deserves to go out like that. It is a very sad day indeed.

Not sure what the motive was but if it has anything to do with our "war on terror" our government is just as much to blame as the killer IMO. 60+ years of constant war and sticking our noses in other people's business. Killing their family and friends, stealing their resources, robbing their freedom. I expect the people to be a little, just a little messed up.

Posted via CB10
    1magine, trsbbs, sayf777 and 3 others like this.
    10-22-14 11:12 PM
    Was the terrorist Muslim?

Posted via CB10
    Yes.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-22-14 11:19 PM
    If he is Muslim he is a Terrorist, if he's anyone else he will have a "mental illness." RIP to the fallen soldier, no one deserves to go out like that. It is a very sad day indeed.

Not sure what the motive was but if it has anything to do with our "war on terror" our government is just as much to blame as the killer IMO. 60+ years of constant war and sticking our noses in other people's business. Killing their family and friends, stealing their resources, robbing their freedom. I expect the people to be a little, just a little messed up.

Posted via CB10
    If he's a Muslim and attributes his actions to Islam,...he's a terrorist.

Moreover,...he was apparently a Canadian citizen. Let's not make excuses for sub-human scum.

Anybody that claims its "God's will" that you die and takes action towards that is just evil. Garbage. He's dead now, and good riddance.

My heart goes out to his victim's family. I hope they find some peace knowing that the murderer is dead. I hope he went badly. Scared, and in a great deal of pain.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by tchocky77; 10-22-14 at 11:31 PM.
    Doggerz and techvisor like this.
    10-22-14 11:20 PM
    Instead of talking about who else we should kill/bomb/hold responsible, let's set an example by supporting each other, putting hatred aside, laying down our weapons, and showing that we aspire to live by higher ideals than vengeance and vendetta. Sinking to their level means they won and we lost.

It sucks, but let's be strong and keep this thread positive please. Tell the people you care about that you love them, appreciate that we live in the country we do, don't take our freedom and peace and safety for granted, and remember that bad things happen but there's a lot more good in the world that goes unnoticed.
    10-23-14 12:48 AM
    After decades of dropping bombs innocent people in far away countries it's only inevitable for the fight to find its way back to your safe bubble. Don't be so surprised.
    1magine likes this.
    10-23-14 03:12 AM

You mean like they've been doing for decades before ISIS even existed right? I hope you do realise this is an effect to all the bombing.

And you want ........ More bombing?
    sayf777 and Bungalow_Bill like this.
    10-23-14 03:18 AM
    I hope this doesn't make our gun laws worse

Posted via Z30 from the sunny Okanagan
    10-23-14 04:22 AM
    How about the Muslims start standing up to the extremist wing of their own religion and start dealing with it themselves!!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 07:28 AM
    How about the Muslims start standing up to the extremist wing of their own religion and start dealing with it themselves!!

Posted via CB10
    BINGO! On the nose!

BlackBerry hates America!
    10-23-14 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is just the sort of excuse that ISIS and other terror groups use to radicalize westerners. In fact, there were Muslim ambitions for world domination ever since the religion was established - and they got pretty close with the Ottoman Empire.

But now the Caliphate builders are taking advantage of Western guilt over the most recent conflicts in the Middle East and bringing suicide terrorists on board. Both the driver who ran down two soldiers three days ago and the Ottawa shooter were Canadian born. The first a convert, the second likely a born-again, judging by his French-Lebanese blended last name. I'm sure neither was expecting to come out alive, and they seemed to be ok with that. Useful idiots.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:28 AM
    There was an excellent article by Glenn Greenwald just two days ago on this very topic. I think he put it bluntly by saying that Canada now has been in a low grade war posture for 13 years and it should surprise no one that violence abroad leads to violence at home. The preceding statement highlights causation not justification.

It is at these times that I carefully think of the words of Dalton Camp, one of Canada's best columnists and political commentators. Twenty years ago when addressing the violence in Bosnia, he suggested we approach the situation the way a doctor approaches a patient. First, do no harm. Next, think about the patient and treat the disease not the symptoms. Wise words indeed.

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and Bungalow_Bill like this.
    10-23-14 08:39 AM
    First murder happened one block from my wife and 2 blocks from me. I was at a bank one block away at the exact time of that first shooting. Then when he went crazy shooting up parliament that is 1.5 blocks north of the both of us. We were in lockdown. We chose to leave at 330 in order to go pick up our kids at daycare and hug them. Apparently lock down ended at in some places between 530 and 830 pm.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 08:47 AM
48 12