Hi there

I reviewed and highlighted a few sentences that I think reflected the tech blogger opinion (or lack of) on these two important annoncements.
    From my point of view, the Amazon partnership is welcomed favorably, highlighting the access to consumer apps.
    The passport gets mainly neutral to some slightly negative opinions (mainly being mocked for its non standard shape).
    Given that I believe these two devices are made for the loyal base mainly (and perhaps targeted to some specific prosumers), it makes sense to have this reception. Nothing to bring the masses in but it was not the point I think.

Please share other stuff you have read so far...

Amazon partnership
    Cnet
    "The move makes sense for BlackBerry."
    Techcrunch
    "As BlackBerry’s CEO John Chen tells the WSJ, he simply doesn’t have time, energy and money to build a proper app ecosystem, which sounds about right. "
    Engadget
    "When BlackBerry 10.3 launches in the fall, it will have access to the Amazon Appstore's catalog of 200,000-plus Android apps -- you'll have little trouble finding Minecraft, Netflix and other big-name titles."
    BGR
    "With this in mind, BlackBerry has made a deal with Amazon that will finally, at long last, give BlackBerry fans some of the apps that they’ve been pining for"
    ZDNET
    "What remains to be seen is whether BlackBerry can lure more consumers with the integration of Amazon apps, after having focused so much of its products and strategy toward business and enterprise users."
    PCMAG
    "Unenthused about the app selection on BlackBerry devices? We have some good news."
    GIzmodo
    Nothing found on Gizmodo.com
    Yahoo tech
    "BlackBerry customers using devices powered by its 10 operating system will be able to access popular Android apps such as Groupon, Netflix, Pinterest, Candy Crush Saga, and Minecraft."
    Phonearena
    "Allowing all 240,0000 apps from the Amazon Appstore to run on BlackBerry 10.3 would give BlackBerry users a large number of consumer-oriented apps to use."
    The Verge
    "By striking a licensing deal with Amazon to bring over more than 200,000 apps, BlackBerry will soon have a bit less to worry about on that front."

Passport
    Cnet
    "The new phone is expected to have the traditional BlackBerry keyboard, but little else is known about its specifications."
    Techcrunh
    "Honestly I have no idea what to say about this device."
    Engadget
    "CEO John Chen took a few moments during this morning's earnings call to mention its newest phone: it's called the BlackBerry Passport and it's, well... just look at it. Bizarre."
    BGR
    "The Passport, on the other hand, is a much bigger device that nonetheless features a physical keyboard and that has a much wider display than any other BlackBerry phone in recent memory. "
    ZDNET
    "Dubbed the BlackBerry Passport, the smartphone is equipped with a QWERTY keyboard and is as wide as its namesake. "
    PCMAG
    Nothing found on pcmag.com
    Gizmodo
    "The Passport will be officially revealed and launched come September, and while more detailed specs and features are still unknown, the keyboard will reportedly be touch-sensitive to facilitate gestures making autocorrection less of an annoyance—at the cost of trying to squeeze an annoyingly square device into your pockets. "
    Yahoo tech
    Nothing found on yahoo.com/tech
    Phonearena
    "So, could the Passport be one of the devices that will help John Chen turn BlackBerry into a profitable company? We will find out only after the BlackBerry Passport hits the shelves. "
    The Verge
    " The BlackBerry Passport is due sometime this September, so for now all we can do is look and imagine trying to successfully hold it in one hand."
    Last edited by kojita; 06-22-14 at 08:08 AM.
    06-20-14 05:02 AM
    Thanks for all the work you did compiling this. Here's hoping for a BBRY surge!
    06-21-14 06:23 PM
    Thank you

From Zarafet my Z30.
    06-21-14 06:41 PM
    Well I guess you can't blame them for not having much of an opinion BlackBerry has has kept a pretty tight lid on the passport. It will just have to blow every one away at launch.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:47 PM
    Did cnet just say the passport will have a "traditional" keyboard? I take it they have never seen a traditional BB keyboard... It would have been nice if it had one though...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-14 10:11 PM
    I mean some of the comments weren't negative, i was actually surprised to not see a lot of bashing of the company!

Posted via CB10 from my Z10 or Q10!
    06-21-14 10:50 PM
    Good looking-out Kojita, your overview saved me a load of time looking up these articles to see what the buzz is surrounding recent BlackBerry news.
    06-21-14 11:12 PM
    Did cnet just say the passport will have a "traditional" keyboard? I take it they have never seen a traditional BB keyboard... It would have been nice if it had one though...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    Yup they don't check any info any further

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 12:02 AM
    Seems like the weird shape of passport is grabbing more spotlight than the z30! it is so different maybe that's what it's value would be at - catching attention.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 12:06 AM
    Thank you for collating the comments! Funny how some bloggers are putting bad points on the passport on its pocketability, I'm sure there are bigger phones out there that didn't get the same treatment.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 02:59 AM
    I really don't look at reviews when I comes to buying a device anymore. I get the device into my hands, play with it and then make my decision based off of my own criteria.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    06-22-14 04:05 AM
    I really don't look at reviews when I comes to buying a device anymore. I get the device into my hands, play with it and then make my decision based off of my own criteria.

I don't go by tech reviews but do pay attention to consumer reviews. I throw out the OMG it's wonderful and the OMG it's a POS ones and check the ones in between. Then I do hands on.

Trouble is that in the USA it's getting more and more difficult to get a hands on because carriers just don't have them.
    06-22-14 08:08 AM
    Here's a good thread from AndroidCentral discussing the differences between Amazon App Store and Google Play. The more I read, the better it sounds for BlackBerry with this deal.

which is a better app store, amazon or google? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

And also considering recent issues like this:

Researchers reveal massive security hole in Google app store that puts millions at risk
    Last edited by terminatorx; 06-22-14 at 05:19 PM.
    06-22-14 04:46 PM
    I don't go by tech reviews but do pay attention to consumer reviews. I throw out the OMG it's wonderful and the OMG it's a POS ones and check the ones in between. Then I do hands on.

Trouble is that in the USA it's getting more and more difficult to get a hands on because carriers just don't have them.
    I agree and being on T Mobile which is on the outs with Blackberry, I will have to wait until they have an unlocked one on the Blackberry website.

A already have my money in hand and just waiting for the official release date here in the USA. Hopefully it's soon.

06-22-14 05:42 PM
    I agree and being on T Mobile which is on the outs with Blackberry, I will have to wait until they have an unlocked one on the Blackberry website.

A already have my money in hand and just waiting for the official release date here in the USA. Hopefully it's soon.
    Really won't matter about the USA release date... just when it's available on ShopBlackBerry. Hop that at some point they offer some CDMA devices. I really question if Verizon will carry both the Passport and the Classic.....
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-14 07:22 AM
    Thanks for posting!

Using a BlackBerry Z10! The "UnDroid"!
    06-23-14 07:48 AM
    I've noticed a lot of these winkies have shifted from the "there's no apps" to "phone is odd". Actually thanking Amazon for shutting some people up. I bet even some salespeople at mobile stores do t know about the Amazon deal. I know I will be informing anyone who tries to get me to buy android because of apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 08:04 AM