https://www.cnet.com/news/tcl-is-wor...-a-smartwatch/

CNET found some pics of TCL foldable phone prototypes. Would be interesting to see BlackBerry Mobile adapt some of those designs for the Key3 or else...
    moosbb likes this.
    02-17-19 06:04 AM
    Warning: ear-splittingly loud autoplay video because CNET are cockroaches

Anyway, I think foldables and physical keyboards are staying very apart, unless they can get the screen to fold over the keyboard like a flip phone. They would also need to make sure they glue everything in place this time.
    02-17-19 07:18 AM
    https://www.cnet.com/news/tcl-is-wor...-a-smartwatch/

CNET found some pics of TCL foldable phone prototypes. Would be interesting to see BlackBerry Mobile adapt some of those designs for the Key3 or else...
    This model would be 101% so popular in women population if they really produce it. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
    Attached Thumbnails TCL working on foldable phone-img_20190217_144001.jpg ย 
    02-17-19 07:43 AM
    I definitely would go for a flip phone with a KEYยฒ style pkb. There's is nothing more satisfying than angrily hanging up on someone than slamming the phone closed.
    phuoc and gouger05 like this.
    02-17-19 08:33 AM
    They would also need to make sure they glue everything in place this time.

They could always copy the Priv's keyboard design... something I mentioned too many times here already lol
    02-17-19 09:53 PM
    This model would be 101% so popular in women population if they really produce it.
    Okay now, everbody knows by now (don't they?) that there is a minimum safe distance for carrying a phone on your body regularly right, and the standards do not include directly wearing it. This would require some kind of fancy shielding technology, to not also mess with the radio signals. Not sure whether 5g makes that a bigger or lesser problem though.

(I still say a straightforward slim bendy like laptops have without bending the screens (without the massive gaps and bezels with a fold-out or slide out keyboard on the long side might be good...a more economical model too, using current fabs probably)
    02-18-19 01:19 AM
    Okay now, everbody knows by now (don't they?) that there is a minimum safe distance for carrying a phone on your body regularly right, and the standards do not include directly wearing it. This would require some kind of fancy shielding technology, to not also mess with the radio signals. Not sure whether 5g makes that a bigger or lesser problem though.

(I still say a straightforward slim bendy like laptops have without bending the screens (without the massive gaps and bezels with a fold-out or slide out keyboard on the long side might be good...a more economical model too, using current fabs probably)
    If they "knew" that.... then LTE watches wouldn't be so big right now.

People "knew" that using wireless phones in the 80's had dangers.... but those that still have home service today, still use them.

People "knew" that when cell phone first went "mobile" (not a car installation or a bag) that there were reported dangers to holding one up to your head... people still do it.
    02-18-19 07:25 AM
    To be fair, a modern smartphone has an output signal that is 1/10th as powerful as those early analog 3W cell phones.
    02-18-19 03:19 PM
    ROFL! *holds ears*

Warning: ear-splittingly loud autoplay video because CNET are cockroaches

Anyway, I think foldables and physical keyboards are staying very apart, unless they can get the screen to fold over the keyboard like a flip phone. They would also need to make sure they glue everything in place this time.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-18-19 04:21 PM
    eww?

This model would be 101% so popular in women population if they really produce it. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    02-18-19 04:21 PM
    If they "knew" that.... then LTE watches wouldn't be so big right now.

People "knew" that using wireless phones in the 80's had dangers.... but those that still have home service today, still use them.

People "knew" that when cell phone first went "mobile" (not a car installation or a bag) that there were reported dangers to holding one up to your head... people still do it.

See, for example I didn't "know" you were joking, that could have been harmful to me - if i didn't know :-)
    Just to be sure, a slap on the wrist phone, might be more serious that just a slap on the wrist.
    02-18-19 11:56 PM
    If it were the same width and build quality as a Passport, but opened out to a normal aspect screen, chuck in some top end specs and call it 'The Bold ', count me in. ....... Oh, and a BB10 skin.
    03-08-19 02:22 PM