Isn't that clear?

While Streit acknowledges that TCL does already have a “unique portfolio” of mobility brands, he says these are very specifically targeted at segments of the market that TCL-branded devices currently do not and in the future will not play in. He is so not worried about taking on the likes of Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi in the consumer mobile market, whether in China or around the world.

(Source: TheDrum, 23/12/2019)
    01-14-20 08:38 AM
    Clear on what? Just sound like marketing talk to me.
    01-14-20 08:59 AM
    Clear on what? Just sound like marketing talk to me.
    I understand you did not read carefully the post, and read only my quote instead of the full article. Otherwise you would have a different opinion.
    01-14-20 09:02 AM
    He's worried, he just can't show it. Smartphones are a commodity items at this point - just as it happened with the PC market, many "brands" will fade away. Sure the TCL division could pump billions into propping up the phone business... but where would the reward ever be realized? Sony, LG, HTC and TCL are all not very likely to be around in the years to come.... not even sure Leveno/Moto will be able to remain viable in smartphones. Samsung, Huawei, BBK Electronics, Xiaomi are dominating the Android market.

There is only one market for Smartphones.... Enterprise buys the same products.
    01-14-20 09:11 AM
    I understand you did not read carefully the post, and read only my quote instead of the full article. Otherwise you would have a different opinion.
    No I didn't read the article because I don't want to register to something just to read it. With that said, I still don't understand what you think that quote is "clear" on?
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-14-20 09:12 AM
    No I didn't read the article because I don't want to register to something just to read it. With that said, I still don't understand what you think that quote is "clear" on?
    It is not just marketing, it is the Chief Marketing Officer of TCL basically stating their challenge will now be only on the wide pool of consumer devices, trying to tackle on brands that -like Dunt Dunt Dunt says-, should be very scary to TCL. Enterprise devices, like BBRY, ain't consumer, so that article sounds like a clear confirmation about what their plans (suicidal, to my humble opinion) are.
    01-14-20 09:17 AM
    He didnt mention BB at all from your quote. So it says nothing about BB Mobile at all really. Nothing "clear" can be taken from it lol. If the question was "How do you see your BB Mobile brand in the future and what challenges does it face" well then it would be worth talking about

Frankly anyone still looking for a glimmer of hope on BB Mobile should just be looking for closure as it is now, but probably isnt going to find it anywhere.
    01-14-20 10:35 AM
    He didnt mention BB at all
    You got the point, man.
    01-14-20 10:37 AM
    I tried to get the article but could not.

Seems to be talking about the flagship phones and also could be referring to Enterprise phones like BlackBerry.
    01-14-20 11:09 AM

Seems to be talking about the flagship phones and also could be referring to Enterprise phones like BlackBerry.
    just register with any casual mail like i did, it's free
    01-14-20 11:11 AM

I tried but for whatever reason it did not work. Not a big deal. Probably talks AI,ecosystems and IOT - a lot.
    01-14-20 11:13 AM
    I tried but for whatever reason it did not work. Not a big deal. Probably talks AI,ecosystems and IOT - a lot.
    The article intro should clarify they ain't thinking of our K3...

"TCL Corporation believes it is the right time to launch its own branded smartphones because its consumer electronics business is reaching a point of maturity where it is now an ecosystem of products, not just one single category."
    01-14-20 11:18 AM
    The article intro should clarify they ain't thinking of our K3...

"TCL Corporation believes it is the right time to launch its own branded smartphones because its consumer electronics business is reaching a point of maturity where it is now an ecosystem of products, not just one single category."
    Basically, at a time where the smartphone market has plateaued and slowed down, TCL's genius strategy is to bring slabs that are pretty much just like the rest of them...
    whatnow00 likes this.
    01-14-20 02:10 PM
    Basically, at a time where the smartphone market has plateaued and slowed down, TCL's genius strategy is to bring slabs that are pretty much just like the rest of them...
    Exactly. Instead of positioning themselves with laser, they are going for the mass market. Don't even know how somebody can think saying "I own a TCL" can compete with "I own a Huawei/etc". Is actualy TCL a brand, with an identity, a relevance or something?
    I feel like a truck is launched at full speed against a huge wall.
    whatnow00 likes this.
    01-14-20 02:30 PM
    Exactly. Instead of positioning themselves with laser, they are going for the mass market. Don't even know how somebody can think saying "I own a TCL" can compete with "I own a Huawei/etc". Is actualy TCL a brand, with an identity, a relevance or something?
    I feel like a truck is launched at full speed against a huge wall.
    There was someone from the forums here that was at a very busy display area I'm not sure if it was at CES or a big store but he said that the place was super crowded with people everywhere...

...except the area near the Plex phones
    01-14-20 03:04 PM
    There was someone from the forums here that was at a very busy display area I'm not sure if it was at CES or a big store but he said that the place was super crowded with people everywhere...

...except the area near the Plex phones
    Who and where was that?
    01-14-20 03:15 PM

https://outline.com/L5YhN4
    01-14-20 05:09 PM
    Just enjoy your blackberry phones for as long as you can.
    01-14-20 06:05 PM
    Isn't that clear?

While Streit acknowledges that TCL does already have a “unique portfolio” of mobility brands, he says these are very specifically targeted at segments of the market that TCL-branded devices currently do not and in the future will not play in. He is so not worried about taking on the likes of Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi in the consumer mobile market, whether in China or around the world.

(Source: TheDrum, 23/12/2019)
    I see...so they spoke to a guy who knows a guy they met on the Subway while talking to the woman who knew the guy.

crystal clear to me !
    01-14-20 06:13 PM
    You guys are reading way too much into this. The article is in a newsletter about the marketing biz, and it is basically a short puff piece to announce the new firm that they hired to do their marketing - Fearlessly Frank.
    Bla1ze and Bbnivende like this.
    01-14-20 10:21 PM