10-18-17 02:50 PM
32 12
tools
    I am 40. For the most part, I also don't think the Palm brand is going to do much, but some of the nostalgia will get people who remember it to take a look, and perhaps get reviewers to give it a bit more credibility which is really how most people are influenced.
    Yeah I don't see how it would lend any credibility to the device from a reviewer when there is no Palm except for the name. With BlackBerry at least they are developing their own Android tweaks. This would just be an Android phone with the name Palm on it made by TCL.
    10-14-17 10:27 PM
    I loved my Palm V. It was the coolest gadget around.

Last millennium.

But they had this great feature where you could beam messages to another Palm V with infrared. This was obviously before text messaging. A friend and I who both had them were making presentations and in discussions as part of one team to a couple venture capitalists at the Back Bay Harvard Club. During this tense meeting I see my friend furiously scribbling on his Palm V and nodding to me. I think he’s going to send me some important message about the negotiations so I surreptitiously hold my Palm to where he can beam the message. It works, I get it, and it’s an absolutely hysterical dirty joke.
    10-15-17 12:33 AM
    RCA is coming back with a vengeance with a new 4-D television.
    10-15-17 01:18 AM
    When a corporation starts looking for investment that is usually a sign that they are planning on expansion. Stock can always be bought back later.
    Agree
    Financially, raising cash is usually a sign of an upcoming expansion. The only but here is that usually you raise it through bank loans and other financial instruments to retain control of the stock & decision making. Letting others on your board is OK if these new guys bring in additional expertise necessary for expansion
    10-15-17 03:11 AM
    RCA is coming back with a vengeance with a new 4-D television.
    And I heard it will be in color!
    10-15-17 11:01 AM
    Crazy to see that this news doesn't make it to Crackberry front page.
    Let me guess, there is clearly no connection to Kevin presenting the Keyone....
    Shuswap likes this.
    10-18-17 02:22 AM
    Agree
    Financially, raising cash is usually a sign of an upcoming expansion. The only but here is that usually you raise it through bank loans and other financial instruments to retain control of the stock & decision making. Letting others on your board is OK if these new guys bring in additional expertise necessary for expansion
    Depends on what condition the company is in to begin with. Seeing that the company's valuation has dropped by HK $6 Billion.... doubt this is about growth or expansion.
    10-18-17 02:50 PM
32 12