"The other maker that showed positive growth in the quarter was TCL Alcatel. The company shipped 3.8 million units, up from 3.2 million in Q2 2018 – an increase of 16 percent."

https://technology.ihs.com/616273/gl...-us-huawei-ban

Looks like the company is doing well. No mention of this on their own website. I guess they just don't make that many press releases.
    08-08-19 11:21 PM
    Sounds good....
    08-09-19 07:53 AM
    I am guessing that number includes no BBMo units though.
    08-09-19 07:54 AM
    I am guessing that number includes no BBMo units though.
    Outside of the top six... I doubt we see most those OEM in the business in five years. And that includes TCL.

And what they don't show is that #3 Oppo and #6 Vivo are the same company.... BBK Electronics. So the top three companies own 60% of the market... and growing.

TCL is the only one outside of the top five that saw growth, but 300K units could be a margin of error without the company issuing sales numbers. But 3.8 million $100 phones with maybe $10 in profit on them....
    08-09-19 08:10 AM
    Ok, but where are the units?? Definitely not here in the US... My OG KeyOne is starting to have the battery swelling bulge issue an I would gladly pay for a Key2 LE, but they are no where to be found...
    08-09-19 10:02 AM
    Ok, but where are the units?? Definitely not here in the US... My OG KeyOne is starting to have the battery swelling bulge issue an I would gladly pay for a Key2 LE, but they are no where to be found...
    Need someone that buys a KEY2 in Canada to check their build dates... that would answer if they are still producing NA Models? In which case that would favor the Tariff theory.
    zephyr613, the_boon and Byrese like this.
    08-09-19 10:14 AM
    Maybe they underestimated US demand.
    08-09-19 10:51 AM
    A majority of the sales are probably Alcatel, they've released a couple of phones this year and the brand tends to be more affordable with better carrier support than BlackBerry.
    08-09-19 03:32 PM
    Russia, Czech Republic, Germany, etc. Places people laugh at when it comes to phone sales but they still matter to the bottom line.
    08-09-19 04:08 PM
    Russia, Czech Republic, Germany, etc. Places people laugh at when it comes to phone sales but they still matter to the bottom line.
    Alcatel says they are number # 3 in Australia. They are still probably down from from earlier years like 2016.
    08-10-19 01:02 AM
    Get a new battery from eBay or something.
    A bulging battery is a safety hazard.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-10-19 10:43 PM
    Thanks - found one at Best Buy for $19, authentic Blackberry battery - will be replacing it shortly.
    08-12-19 07:19 AM
    Alcatel says they are number # 3 in Australia. They are still probably down from from earlier years like 2016.
    TCL ships 16% more units than last year-prap44929219-f-1.jpg

Didn't realize that Apple owned the Australian market...

Is Australia's market as carrier controlled as the US's market?

Don't know the market, but based on TCL/Alcatel lineup of devices... it's pretty clear what end of the market they are capturing. Is that profitable? Is it sustainable?
    08-12-19 08:27 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prAP44929219-F-1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	445753

Didn't realize that Apple owned the Australian market...

Is Australia's market as carrier controlled as the US's market?

Don't know the market, but based on TCL/Alcatel lineup of devices... it's pretty clear what end of the market they are capturing. Is that profitable? Is it sustainable?
    I’m suspecting like USA probably. Maybe slightly better if unlocked Alcatel hardware offered more than here.
    08-12-19 08:29 AM
    I’m suspecting like USA probably. Maybe slightly better if unlocked Alcatel hardware offered more than here.
    I'm wondering if it's more prepaid offerings...
    08-12-19 08:31 AM
    The only place I know is to watch Swappa and of course eBay. The latter you just have to be careful on the seller. But ya...it's hard to find Berries now.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-13-19 12:57 AM
    You can have my black K2 if you want. It's in mint condition, original box included. PRD # 63825-003

PM me if you are interested.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-13-19 01:09 AM
    I have a Key2le and Key2 (long story). The LE is only 2 months old -- I'm on the beach in Aruba now, but when I get home I can check the build date on that.
    08-14-19 09:12 PM
    You can have my black K2 if you want. It's in mint condition, original box included. PRD # 63825-003

PM me if you are interested.
    I would love to have that but I am grandfathered into VZW....

Thanks for the offer, happen to have a Key2 LE in Atomic Red available?
    08-15-19 02:12 PM