NEWS ANALYSIS: A merger between Deutsche Telekom and AT&T would save T-Mobile so it could get the spectrum it needs, as well as focus on prepay and reseller partnerships...theres one scenario left that could both save T-Mobile and allow AT&T to become a truly international telecommunications company. This scenario would have AT&T do a reverse merger with Deutsche Telekom with the combined companies called AT&T. It would be a reverse merger since Deutsche Telekom merges with AT&T but then become AT&T. That combined company would then own T-Mobile......

ATandT, Deutsche Telekom Could Still Salvage T-Mobile Deal - Mobile and Wireless - News & Reviews - eWeek.com
    12-24-11 10:18 AM
    Yeah there's definitely still a few scenarios where some form of partnership could still happen. And I imagine AT&T and Deutsche Telekom are still exploring those possibilities. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some other proposition is brought to light.
    12-24-11 10:56 AM
    Ugh. I hope a merger doesn't happen. I'm of the opinion (as a T-Mobile customer) that a partnership/spectrum sharing agreement would be a much better option. I don't want to one day open up my bill and seeing the death star logo at the top.
    12-24-11 01:57 PM
    I don't think DT would be stupid enough to merge with AT&T just to offload TMO. If this was really an option on the table, we would've heard of this before today.
    12-24-11 08:02 PM
    No this would still be subject to approval from the FCC and securities and exchange commissions. It'll never happen because this would still be a duopoly with AT&T and Verizon.
    12-24-11 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD