NEW YORK (Reuters) - T-Mobile US Inc, the No. 4 U.S. wireless service provider, plans to stop carrying BlackBerry Ltd smartphones in its stores and instead ship the devices directly, according to an executive for the company.

For the rest of the story:

T-Mobile US will no longer stock BlackBerry in stores
    09-25-13 05:25 PM
    Yep we got the story on the front page. Kinda depressing to see
    09-25-13 05:30 PM
    Sorry, I must have overlooked it. Please close, move or delete if needed.

I run my 9800 on TMO bridged to my Playbook. Man, I love my BBs....
    09-25-13 05:40 PM
    Moved thread to News & Rumors Forum for greater discussion.
    (Unless there was a prior thread to this one, in which case I'll put it right back in T-Mo Forum!)
    09-25-13 07:03 PM
    Not shocking. They're just the first. Others will follow.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-25-13 07:05 PM
    Damn, that sucks. I switched to tmo to get my Z. Good thing it bought it off contract
    09-25-13 07:09 PM
    Unfortunately I believe they are just the first.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
    09-25-13 07:12 PM
    There was a thread about this about a month back from a T-Mo employee who said this was underway at her store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    xandermac and boi2012 like this.
    09-25-13 07:15 PM
    There was a thread about this about a month back from a T-Mo employee who said this was underway at her store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Yep, and a bunch of people said she was lying, a troll etc.
    09-25-13 07:46 PM
    If I remember rightly there was another post around the exact same time that said somebody had it from a source that Blackberry was pulling out of the US retail market entirely. Which is why I believe T-Mobile are just the first to make the move.

09-25-13 07:47 PM
    The people that knew/heard this in advance were HAMMERED by the fanboys here for being a troll. One even suggested that TMO removing BlackBerry from the shelves was for a coming massive BlackBerry promotion.

Classic...lol

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007, Admorris, jegs2 and 5 others like this.
    09-25-13 08:27 PM
    If they can talk a US carrier into spending money on a Z30 launch, I will stand naked on my main street. After last week, I expect just about every carrier will be like TMobile. Why should they carry the burden of Blackberry's inventory problems? Also, I wonder how many handsets Tmobile will be returning and if that part of the reason why $1bn is being written off.

We could ask the CEO and CFO at the earnings call next week I guess. Oh, wait....
    09-25-13 10:30 PM
    I will stand naked on my main street.
    You only say that because you're surrounded by palm trees in Australia. Lucky guy.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-26-13 12:26 AM
    Blackberry can pretty much kiss the U.S market goodbye. The launch of the new OS was an all around disaster.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    09-26-13 06:37 AM
    If they can talk a US carrier into spending money on a Z30 launch, I will stand naked on my main street. After last week, I expect just about every carrier will be like TMobile. Why should they carry the burden of Blackberry's inventory problems? Also, I wonder how many handsets Tmobile will be returning and if that part of the reason why $1bn is being written off.

We could ask the CEO and CFO at the earnings call next week I guess. Oh, wait....
    Well, Verizon announced they will be launching it, but I imagine they'll cancel. I would stipulate that recent developments would trigger any type of MAC clause in the BB-VZ agreement.
    09-26-13 06:47 AM
    This is disturbingly reminiscent of the Pre 3 debacle. AT&T and Verizon canceled their Pre 3 orders after the announcement from HP that it wanted to sell off the consumer group system that included webOS, though it was released in the UK and a few other places. I wonder if the same will happen with the Z30.
    09-26-13 06:53 AM
    BlackBerry needs to do a Christmas push of some kind if it doesn't want to disappear completely from the US retail landscape. Marketing guys. Where is it?

I was at a Verizon store on the weekend. Z10 and Q10 on display but no interest by anyone in the store. I don't think anyone there had a clue it was there. No signage or display.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 06:59 AM
    If I remember rightly there was another post around the exact same time that said somebody had it from a source that Blackberry was pulling out of the US retail market entirely. Which is why I believe T-Mobile are just the first to make the move.

That was me.
    09-26-13 07:43 AM
    I wonder if people are inclined to believe you now...

That was me.
    09-26-13 07:55 AM
    BlackBerry needs to do a Christmas push of some kind if it doesn't want to disappear completely from the US retail landscape. Marketing guys. Where is it?
    I don't think there are going to be any more big Christmas pushes.
    09-26-13 10:17 AM
    There's a joke in there about open windows at BBRY headquarters, but this is getting too easy.
    09-26-13 10:36 AM
    Prosumers don't have sales.
    09-26-13 07:47 PM
    I was in a tmo store here in Austin and they have the q10/z10 on display next to nokia phones.
    10-21-13 05:58 PM