06-11-14 10:37 PM
58 123
tools
    Why because he doesn't like BlackBerry?

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    If you have to ask, you haven't even tried researching him. He is unprofessional and arrogant. He's an abomination of a CEO and I could care less if he does or doesn't like BlackBerry, I'm on AT&T.
    06-10-14 03:47 PM
    Why is he a child?

Just look at the way he conducts himself. He cares more about showmanship than anything else. He's a performer. He's like a 50 year-old hippie wearing a leather jacket trying to convince every one he's "cool" and then he boasts about himself about how he's turning the industry on its head, how he is so "radical" and all of this BS. It's self-proclamation. Others should be making these observations, why are we actually listening to this clown? Everything he has done is to benefit the company and then it is spun, by him, as some great service to the consumers. Give me a break. And to further push himself into the spotlight he picks targets that are "easy to hate" in his combative ad campaigns. When did he actually do or say something that is actually against the norm? He's strictly following the "cool" trends and that's why it's working. He has never gone against what is widely considered "cool." It's so blatantly obvious he's more of a performer than a CEO. But hey, it works, so I guess I can't blame him for doing it...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-10-14 03:51 PM
    Why is he a child?

Look at his tweets, for a CEO he can't even spell properly. He makes fun of other companies and is completely unprofessional. My friend is taking BBA at Laurier (arguably one of the best business programs in Canada) and her profs rip on him constantly. He is always one of the main examples what not to act like as a CEO along with Jim Balsillie (he gets ripped on for that and other reasons obviously).
    06-10-14 04:16 PM
    Just look at the way he conducts himself. He cares more about showmanship than anything else. He's a performer. He's like a 50 year-old hippie wearing a leather jacket trying to convince every one he's "cool" and then he boasts about himself about how he's turning the industry on its head, how he is so "radical" and all of this BS. It's self-proclamation. Others should be making these observations, why are we actually listening to this clown? Everything he has done is to benefit the company and then it is spun, by him, as some great service to the consumers. Give me a break. And to further push himself into the spotlight he picks targets that are "easy to hate" in his combative ad campaigns. When did he actually do or say something that is actually against the norm? He's strictly following the "cool" trends and that's why it's working. He has never gone against what is widely considered "cool." It's so blatantly obvious he's more of a performer than a CEO. But hey, it works, so I guess I can't blame him for doing it...

CEOs are supposed to be showman. I have no problem with that.

I think Chen is a showman. And he should be. Part of getting BlackBerry going again is to play to the media and the market. To me it's being strategic.

06-10-14 04:21 PM
    So he's the shiniest of two turds?

Sent from the one in Beautiful Blue using Tapatalk.
    06-10-14 04:22 PM
    So he's the shiniest of two turds?

Sent from the one in Beautiful Blue using Tapatalk.
    Huh?

06-10-14 05:25 PM
    LOL, well, that's the gimmick he's going for. I wonder why people who believe in that don't wonder why the only people advertising it that way is T-mobile themselves? Have you read any articles written by independent companies talking about T-Mobile changing the industry for the better of the consumers? No? It's only in his own speeches and their own advertisements where that is stated? Hm... I wonder why...

Wake up man, they are not trying to "help" anyone except their own pocketbooks...

Look at their "promotions." The paying off your ETF's is only if you turn in your device. Now, most ETF's are less than the worth of your device. They are taking them, and likely selling them to MAKE A PROFIT after you turn them in and they pay off your ETF. Look at their plans, $40 for unlimited everything? You wish, read the fine print. Only the first gig or something will be at 4G LTE speeds, the rest would be throttled. The plans offering truly unlimited speed and downloads is just as high as the competitors, and frankly, T-Mobile doesn't have the best network, and Sprint is even worse, so this merger will not help that...

And the whole no contract thing, how does that really help you? You're obligated to pay for the full price of the phone! The contract plans give you massive discounts on the phone and if you were planning on staying with that carrier anyway, it benefits you much more than having to buy the phone full price. You can do that yourself on any carrier, just buy a phone and then you can sign up for the carrier's service contract free. How is that unique to T-mobile? Here's how, now they don't even offer the contract to those who want it, so they never have to sell a new smartphone at a highly discounted rate. All of their phone sales are at full price. Helping the consumer? LMAO!!!

Then they get rid of the percentage discounts and replace it with a one-time little rebate. Of course, they advertise this as "helping the consumer" by avoiding the "confusing" discount system... Yah... suckers fell for that too. This is helping their profits by no longer offering discounts. You save a whole lot more by recurring discounts than a one-time rebate...

Seriously, wake up people, they are out for profit just as much as any other carrier. Don't fall for their self-proclaimed service to the consumers, seriously...

I agree with a few things in this but I don't think it's as bad as u make it out to be. Sure they are out for profit. Don't think they've ever disputed that but they don't absolutely rape people on their plans. Yes other carriers offer subsidies on their devices but I think it's better to pay 20-25 a month for the device and see your bill drop once you're done rather than pay $200 upfront for a phone, have the rest of the cost hidden in your plan, and that plan never drops in price even after two years. Lol even with paying the 25 extra for your phone a month, your plan is probably still cheaper than AT&T or Verizon lol.

They are not perfect by any means. Their network sucks if you live outside a big city (I recently found this out lol) but I'm glad their tactics, whether people find them a gimmicks or not, made the bigger carriers compete somewhat. I think the bigger carriers offer terrible values especially if u want data

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 06-11-14 at 12:03 AM.
    06-10-14 05:37 PM

And it is working! I think that the board and people he answers to are more concerned about the results than the way he conducts himself. Yes it is a gimmick and act and it is working. He is growing the customer base and the company is dramatically improving the network and I think they have the fastest LTE available at the moment.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-10-14 05:55 PM
    I agree with a few things in this but I don't think it's as bad as u make it out to be. Sure they are out for profit. Don't think they've ever disputed that but they don't absolutely rape people on their plans. Yes other carriers offer subsidies on their devices but I think it's better to pay 20-25 a month for the device and see your bill drop once you're done rather than pay $200 upfront for a phone, have the rest of the cost hidden in your plan, and that plan never drops in price even after two years. Lol even with paying the 25 extra for your phone a month, your plan is probably still cheaper than AT&T or Verizon lol.

They are not perfect by any means. Their network sucks if number live outside a bug city (I recently found this out lol) but I'm glad their tactics, whether people find them a gimmicks or not, made the bigger carriers compete somewhat. I think the bigger carriers offer terrible values especially if u want data

Posted via CB10
    Uh, no it's not. Their $40 a plan has a limit on 4G LTE. I have the grandfathered unlimited plan with AT&T and I get 4G LTE even after 4gb of use. Tell me that's true with T-Mobile. And before you say you don't need that much, I get over 4gb regularly. And also, at least where I live, AT&T has much better coverage. And after my DISCOUNT (that T-mobile no longer offers) my monthly bill is comparable to a T-Mobile plan with the same amount of gb's per month allowance on full 4G LTE speed. It's a little higher, but I get better coverage, and I got my phone a lot cheaper. A high-end phone costs almost $700, divide that by $25 a month payments, and it takes you longer than 2 years to pay it off anyway! I've been with AT&T for like 10 years, so I don't mind signing a 2 year contract if that means I get $500 off the cost of my phone... With T-Mobile you're not signing a contract, but you're paying that extra $500 for the two years anyway, and if you take advantage of not being in contract and leave T-Mobile, you're liable to pay the rest of the cost of the device. How is that any different from paying an early termination fee? They rename one thing to another and tell you the one thing is bad while the other is good. And people fall for that crap...

I'm very satisfied on AT&T. It's insanely reliable, I don't think this network ever goes down or I haven't noticed it, it's extremely fast, the coverage is great, my friends with T-Mobile doesn't get coverage in some places where I do. I'll gladly pay a bit more. I don't feel anything is "hidden." I see where all of my money is going.

Verizon, on the other hand, is a bit sketchy when it comes to their plans since they all have a $40 "connection fee" that applies to every plan. Which makes me wonder why they don't simply add $40 to every plan and advertise it that way...

06-10-14 06:07 PM
    Uh, no it's not. Their $40 a plan has a limit on 4G LTE. I have the grandfathered unlimited plan with AT&T and I get 4G LTE even after 4gb of use. Tell me that's true with T-Mobile. And before you say you don't need that much, I get over 4gb regularly. And also, at least where I live, AT&T has much better coverage. And after my DISCOUNT (that T-mobile no longer offers) my monthly bill is comparable to a T-Mobile plan with the same amount of gb's per month allowance on full 4G LTE speed. It's a little higher, but I get better coverage, and I got my phone a lot cheaper. A high-end phone costs almost $700, divide that by $25 a month payments, and it takes you longer than 2 years to pay it off anyway! I've been with AT&T for like 10 years, so I don't mind signing a 2 year contract if that means I get $500 off the cost of my phone... With T-Mobile you're not signing a contract, but you're paying that extra $500 for the two years anyway, and if you take advantage of not being in contract and leave T-Mobile, you're liable to pay the rest of the cost of the device. How is that any different from paying an early termination fee? They rename one thing to another and tell you the one thing is bad while the other is good. And people fall for that crap...

I'm very satisfied on AT&T. It's insanely reliable, I don't think this network ever goes down or I haven't noticed it, it's extremely fast, the coverage is great, my friends with T-Mobile doesn't get coverage in some places where I do. I'll gladly pay a bit more. I don't feel anything is "hidden." I see where all of my money is going.

Verizon, on the other hand, is a bit sketchy when it comes to their plans since they all have a $40 "connection fee" that applies to every plan. Which makes me wonder why they don't simply add $40 to every plan and advertise it that way...

Lol well its a little different when u got a grandfathered plan I'm talking more for someone who isn't. And I'm definitely not gonna argue with u and say I don't need that much data. I used over 10GB last month and I do that regularly. For most people, if u wanted a 10 GB plan on AT&T or Verizon it's not neatly gonna be as comparable in price as what Tmobile offers and that because they offer unlimited data. Tmobile also offers a plan through Walmart where u can get 5GB of data for $30 a month if that's also a route someone wanted to take. I'm not trashing AT&T though. I definitely understand that u use what works for u. Their network is definitely better. No doubt....and I understand that's why people use AT&T and Verizon.

As far as the costs being hidden, I didn't necessarily mean it literally but a lot of general consumers don't understand that the carrier makes up the $500 they give people off their phone by incorporating it into their plan over 2 years. I don't blame them. It works cause people don't know. I think u are wrong though on Tmobile though because I believe they make the monthly charge of the phone equal to what it would take to pay it off over two years. Like I said though, at the end of that, your price per month drops though. AT&T and Verizon still charge u the same every after they recoup their subsidies.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 06:46 PM
    Lol well its a little different when u got a grandfathered plan I'm talking more for someone who isn't. And I'm definitely not gonna argue with u and say I don't need that much data. I used over 10GB last month and I do that regularly. For most people, if u wanted a 10 GB plan on AT&T or Verizon it's not neatly gonna be as comparable in price as what Tmobile offers and that because they offer unlimited data. Tmobile also offers a plan through Walmart where u can get 5GB of data for $30 a month if that's also a route someone wanted to take. I'm not trashing AT&T though. I definitely understand that u use what works for u. Their network is definitely better. No doubt....and I understand that's why people use AT&T and Verizon.

As far as the costs being hidden, I didn't necessarily mean it literally but a lot of general consumers don't understand that the carrier makes up the $500 they give people off their phone by incorporating it into their plan over 2 years. I don't blame them. It works cause people don't know. I think u are wrong though on Tmobile though because I believe they make the monthly charge of the phone equal to what it would take to pay it off over two years. Like I said though, at the end of that, your price per month drops though. AT&T and Verizon still charge u the same every after they recoup their subsidies.

Posted via CB10
    Here, I'll use actual numbers for you. Right now, with my discount, I pay $90/month for my plan. That's AFTER all fees, taxes, etc. That's how much is deducted from my credit card every month. Now even if you take the $200 I paid for the phone, and spread it out monthly for 2 years, that's $8.33 more per month. Ok, so $98.33 per month.

Now look at T-Mobile's. Even though I get unlimited data, let's use T-Mobile's 5GB plan (yes, you can keep using data after 5GB, so it's "unlimited" but it's no longer at 4G LTE speeds after the 5GB). Their cost is $70/month, before taxes, fees, or anything. And don't tell me there are no taxes, but just to humor you, let's pretend there isn't, and $70 is what you pay. So, $70/month, plus the $25 a month for your phone, that's $95/month. Now subtract your discount... oh, right, let's not "confuse you" with discounts, so no discount for you, and it's for your own good, LMAO!!! :-D

So, I pay $3.33 more per month, for better coverage, probably more reliable service, unless T-Mobile is never down either... Either way, it's 100% worth the extra $3.33 per month. But you see, they make it seem like they are saving you tons of money, they are saving you a whopping $3 a month. Yes, this CEO is turning the industry on its head! What a rebel!!!! Please, don't fall for that crap. And if you want to put the prepaid plans on the table, there are a million prepaid plans out there...
    raino likes this.
    06-10-14 09:33 PM
    My wallet likes TMO too, but I don't like Legere. So don't get used to it.

he's a *********.
    06-10-14 09:37 PM
    Here, I'll use actual numbers for you. Right now, with my discount, I pay $90/month for my plan. That's AFTER all fees, taxes, etc. That's how much is deducted from my credit card every month. Now even if you take the $200 I paid for the phone, and spread it out monthly for 2 years, that's $8.33 more per month. Ok, so $98.33 per month.

Now look at T-Mobile's. Even though I get unlimited data, let's use T-Mobile's 5GB plan (yes, you can keep using data after 5GB, so it's "unlimited" but it's no longer at 4G LTE speeds after the 5GB). Their cost is $70/month, before taxes, fees, or anything. And don't tell me there are no taxes, but just to humor you, let's pretend there isn't, and $70 is what you pay. So, $70/month, plus the $25 a month for your phone, that's $95/month. Now subtract your discount... oh, right, let's not "confuse you" with discounts, so no discount for you, and it's for your own good, LMAO!!! :-D

So, I pay $3.33 more per month, for better coverage, probably more reliable service, unless T-Mobile is never down either... Either way, it's 100% worth the extra $3.33 per month. But you see, they make it seem like they are saving you tons of money, they are saving you a whopping $3 a month. Yes, this CEO is turning the industry on its head! What a rebel!!!! Please, don't fall for that crap. And if you want to put the prepaid plans on the table, there are a million prepaid plans out there...
    I think you have you numbers mixed up a tad bit. They do have a 5GB plan that gives you LTE data (and u are right, u get throttled after the 5GB) but it only costs $30. It's a prepaid plan. The $70 plan you are referring to is completely unlimited. No throttling whatsoever. It normally wouldnt be a savings of $3 a month for most people but it is for you since you have a grandfathered plan. I guess though the point is that after that two years, their plan would drop back down to $70 a month which is a pretty decent savings...thats if they waited the whole two years to pay it off though because you can pay it off early.

I do unstand what you are saying though. I dont know if Tmobile has bad coverage where you are. If it does then yeah i can see why paying more is worth it. I live in Cincinnati so its not a issue for me. I just like that once people pay off a device, they dont have to keep paying a higher bill. I think thats definitely a win for consumers. I wouldnt call it a gimmick as i would some of Tmobiles other tactics
    06-11-14 12:18 AM
    I think you have you numbers mixed up a tad bit. They do have a 5GB plan that gives you LTE data (and u are right, u get throttled after the 5GB) but it only costs $30. It's a prepaid plan. The $70 plan you are referring to is completely unlimited. No throttling whatsoever. It normally wouldnt be a savings of $3 a month for most people but it is for you since you have a grandfathered plan. I guess though the point is that after that two years, their plan would drop back down to $70 a month which is a pretty decent savings...thats if they waited the whole two years to pay it off though because you can pay it off early.

I do unstand what you are saying though. I dont know if Tmobile has bad coverage where you are. If it does then yeah i can see why paying more is worth it. I live in Cincinnati so its not a issue for me. I just like that once people pay off a device, they dont have to keep paying a higher bill. I think thats definitely a win for consumers. I wouldnt call it a gimmick as i would some of Tmobiles other tactics
    -tmobile-plans.jpg

Nope, not getting anything mixed up at all. And like I've said, if you want to get into prepaid plans, that's opening up a whole separate argument, there are so many prepaid phone plans out there, I highly doubt T-Mobile is the cheapest...

And your argument only works if someone wants to get a phone, spend more than 2 years to pay it off, then keep using that same device years and years later. What if you actually want a new device at that time? Then you start the whole process over. With a contract plan, you can start that process over again, and again, get a new phone for $500 less than retail. And again, in the end I will get the better service of AT&T (at least for my area, I know coverage varies) for what, $3 more per month? That's definitely worth it to me, and that's definitely not turning the industry on its head like this CEO wants everyone to believe he's doing...

Edit: And just to humor everyone on the prepaid plans, the $30 one you speak of only has 100 minutes of talk time...

Edit 2: And checking my account usage, yep, more than 100 minutes already used this month with 11 days left in the billing cycle... So, nope, that plan wouldn't work for me... And even in the prepaid, the plan with unlimited talk, text, and 5GB of high speed data is $70 a month.
    06-11-14 12:58 AM
    And before you go and claim I'm not looking at the right Wal-Mart exclusive prepaid T-Mobile plan:

Attachment 277494

Edit: But Rello, I don't want you to think that I'm saying nobody should use T-Mobile, that you shouldn't prefer it over AT&T or whatever, I just wanted to make the point that John Legere gets on stage trying to act all "cool" getting on twitter to impress the young people, and talk all of this talk about how he's "for the people" and how he's the "anti-carrier" and how he's turning the industry on its head, and how he's doing all of these "crazy" things for the consumer, blah blah blah blah, when you really look at it, the things he has done is not at all revolutionary, the prices are actually pretty comparable if you look at how most people will use it. Like you really need to do things a very specific way to take advantage of his "radical" system... Basically, my point is that this guy is just a peacock on stage flaunting his colors, he isn't some great revolutionary CEO, all of his "accomplishments" are self-proclaimed, and I'm sick of seeing people fall for his crap... Honestly, even if they have just as good coverage and service as what I have now, I'll rather pay a little more just so I won't be part of a company that he's the CEO of. The guy is such a fake and I hate that... I'd actually rather be part of a company where the CEO comes out and admits that he's worked hard to get to where he is and he wants to have a very profitable company. At least he's honest and not blowing smoke up my **** like this guys tries to do... But no, if the company I'm with seems like they are really ripping people off, of course I won't like that either. But I feel like I'm getting a decent and fair deal with AT&T so far.
    06-11-14 01:07 AM
    T-Mobile’s Legere Said Likely CEO After Sprint Merger - Bloomberg

"John Legere, the chief executive officer of T-Mobile whos known for wearing company-branded shirts and taunting his competitors on Twitter, is likely to run the combined company, according to two people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified because the plans are private."

Does this mean JC will get BB tossed off Sprint as well?
    John Chen tossed off Sprint? What are you asking? This makes no sense.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-11-14 01:24 AM
    John Chen tossed off Sprint? What are you asking? This makes no sense.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    No. But he had a sort of public spat with John Legere that ended in BlackBerry cutting off T Mobile as a channel partner.

So if Legere becomes the Sprint/TMO CEO then that could hurt BlackBerry's position in the Sprint stores.
    06-11-14 01:57 AM
    I wonder what he's going to say as he tours his new Sprint stores and peruses the smartphone selection. "Oh, look - Blackberries. You know they canceled our contract at T-Mobile. We can't sell them anymore. Can anyone tell me why my Sprint stores should carry these phones any longer?"
    Last edited by early2bed; 06-11-14 at 03:01 AM.
    06-11-14 02:19 AM
    No. But he had a sort of public spat with John Legere that ended in BlackBerry cutting off T Mobile as a channel partner.

So if Legere becomes the Sprint/TMO CEO then that could hurt BlackBerry's position in the Sprint stores.
    That was a very silly decision in my opinion. That hurts BlackBerry much more than it does T-Mobile.

Rello likes this.
    06-11-14 02:38 AM
    That was a very silly decision in my opinion. That hurts BlackBerry much more than it does T-Mobile.
    Did it? Even after the TMO drive/promos to switch people away from BBs?
    06-11-14 08:57 AM
    And before you go and claim I'm not looking at the right Wal-Mart exclusive prepaid T-Mobile plan:

Attachment 277494

Edit: But Rello, I don't want you to think that I'm saying nobody should use T-Mobile, that you shouldn't prefer it over AT&T or whatever, I just wanted to make the point that John Legere gets on stage trying to act all "cool" getting on twitter to impress the young people, and talk all of this talk about how he's "for the people" and how he's the "anti-carrier" and how he's turning the industry on its head, and how he's doing all of these "crazy" things for the consumer, blah blah blah blah, when you really look at it, the things he has done is not at all revolutionary, the prices are actually pretty comparable if you look at how most people will use it. Like you really need to do things a very specific way to take advantage of his "radical" system... Basically, my point is that this guy is just a peacock on stage flaunting his colors, he isn't some great revolutionary CEO, all of his "accomplishments" are self-proclaimed, and I'm sick of seeing people fall for his crap... Honestly, even if they have just as good coverage and service as what I have now, I'll rather pay a little more just so I won't be part of a company that he's the CEO of. The guy is such a fake and I hate that... I'd actually rather be part of a company where the CEO comes out and admits that he's worked hard to get to where he is and he wants to have a very profitable company. At least he's honest and not blowing smoke up my **** like this guys tries to do... But no, if the company I'm with seems like they are really ripping people off, of course I won't like that either. But I feel like I'm getting a decent and fair deal with AT&T so far.
    I'm sorry, I went and checked on Tmobile and u were right on their plans. Lol they've changed them up slightly since I joined mayb 5 months ago. Their unlimited everything with no throttling used to be simply 70 a month. Still I would say that the $70 with 5GB of data is still pretty good. A comparable plan on AT&T, their 6GB plan would cost $105 if you use the Next plans or if u sign a two year agreement it jumps to $120 a month (Verizon would cost 140 for 6GB on their Edge plans). Pretty good savings I'd like to think it again if coverage for Tmobile's sucks in the area, u have no other choice. I only brought up the prepaid plan before because it offers a lot of data for a low price since u mentioned using 4GB of data earlier I believe, but u are right again, that's a whole different argument lol.

I think we gotta just agree to disagree on Tmobile's CEO though lol. I won't say that he's acted like a traditional CEO would or that there aren't any gimmick tactics being used by Tmobile to reel people in but for the most part, I like John Legere. He calls stuff like it is (even with BlackBerry). Before him, I believe AT&T and Verizon got away with nearly highway robbery with their pricing so at the very least he got AT&T to actually try to compete as far as pricing in plans.

Hey at the the end of the day though, as long as me and you are happy individually with the carriers and phones we want though, that's what matters lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:08 AM
    Did it? Even after the TMO drive/promos to switch people away from BBs?
    Well when BlackBerry customers supposedly only account for 1% of Tmobile's customers, how does it really hurt tmobile?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:10 AM
    Well when BlackBerry customers supposedly only account for 1% of Tmobile's customers, how does it really hurt tmobile?
    And maybe it doesn't hurt BlackBerry either. I mean, before there was no selling and bad mouthing. Now there's just no selling
    06-11-14 09:22 AM
    And maybe it doesn't hurt BlackBerry either. I mean, before there was no selling and bad mouthing. Now there's just no selling
    Lol ok I can agree with that ha.

I think it hurts BlackBerry more in the long run. Especially if John is to become the CEO of a merged Sprint/Tmobile. I hope by the time BlackBerry is really ready to enter the consumer space that both these men can put their differences aside and do business again

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 01:01 PM
    I'm sorry, I went and checked on Tmobile and u were right on their plans. Lol they've changed them up slightly since I joined mayb 5 months ago. Their unlimited everything with no throttling used to be simply 70 a month. Still I would say that the $70 with 5GB of data is still pretty good. A comparable plan on AT&T, their 6GB plan would cost $105 if you use the Next plans or if u sign a two year agreement it jumps to $120 a month (Verizon would cost 140 for 6GB on their Edge plans). Pretty good savings I'd like to think it again if coverage for Tmobile's sucks in the area, u have no other choice. I only brought up the prepaid plan before because it offers a lot of data for a low price since u mentioned using 4GB of data earlier I believe, but u are right again, that's a whole different argument lol.

I think we gotta just agree to disagree on Tmobile's CEO though lol. I won't say that he's acted like a traditional CEO would or that there aren't any gimmick tactics being used by Tmobile to reel people in but for the most part, I like John Legere. He calls stuff like it is (even with BlackBerry). Before him, I believe AT&T and Verizon got away with nearly highway robbery with their pricing so at the very least he got AT&T to actually try to compete as far as pricing in plans.

Hey at the the end of the day though, as long as me and you are happy individually with the carriers and phones we want though, that's what matters lol.

Posted via CB10
    He "calls stuff like it is" only with easy victims. He would never call out Samsung on their faults or Apple on their faults because they are still popular. You see where I'm getting at? He's merely echoing public opinion by picking on the things he knows he will get the most people to agree with him on. If he was really so out-spoken and brutally honest, when is he going to call out Samsung on their all plastic phones? Or HTC on their 5MP camera? Or Apple stealing features from everyone else in their new iOS update? Of course you will not hear any of that because then that won't help him sell stuff. If he talks crap about BB that actually helps him. The public sentiment is that BB is "uncool" and any person who speaks favorably of them are automatically considered by the public as "old fashioned" and "out of touch." Trust me, there isn't a single thing this guy has said or done that's because of how different or honest he is. He's playing the people like a circus performer for the sake of his image, which in turn is for the sake of getting customers, and it's pretty sad that people buy into that crap...

raino likes this.
    06-11-14 01:50 PM
58 123