Price hike on sms msgs... check out the link from BGR.... T-Mobile initiates per-message SMS rate hike : Boy Genius Report
    06-30-08 06:00 PM
    Price hike on sms msgs... check out the link from BGR.... T-Mobile initiates per-message SMS rate hike : Boy Genius Report
    Happily (for some of us), T-Mobile has been great about honoring grandfathered plans. I still have the $9.98 / month unlimited "any messaging" add on for our plan. $9.98 flat fee for any kind of msg, SMS/MMS, for up to five lines (I've got 3 now, and will be adding a 4th line as my daughter gets up to "cellphone age"...so the $10 monthly fee gets more valuable as time goes by.

- Jon
    06-30-08 07:40 PM
    Shame on anyone who doesn't have unlimited sms. U know they have to pay for 3G somehow.
    06-30-08 07:40 PM
    This is what makes unlimited text messaging is for. You don't have to worry about these price hikes!
    06-30-08 07:43 PM
    yay unlimited text messaging!

good thing too... I'm on yahoo IM all day long.
    07-01-08 08:19 AM
    Their unlimited texting is probably one of the cheapest out there too.
    07-01-08 08:21 AM
    If you've got the 19.99 Blackberry package, you've got unlimited SMS anyway.
    07-01-08 08:23 AM
    That is a false statement!!
    07-01-08 08:24 AM
    you have unlimited email and data usage, NOT unlimited SMS. this is true for all of the major carriers.
    07-01-08 08:25 AM
    yes it is you have to pay for both !
    07-01-08 08:25 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f69/t-m...29-08-a-47126/

Jason usually does not double-post... But this has already been discussed!
    07-01-08 08:26 AM
    good find mcclure...I did not see that...ooops...
    07-01-08 08:28 AM
    im not shaking in my boots over this one. i'll take the price hike for the 3G. Its probably really going to be the plain old cellphone users that will be affected anyway; those with razrs, candy-bar phones and such, who dont think they use enough sms to get the unlimited sms godsend
    07-01-08 08:33 AM
    Really? I must be mixing up my SOC's. How embarrassing.

Ah, well, they pay me to troubleshoot regular handsets, not know the Blackberry pricing plans. I know I get the unlimited SMS on my free employee Blackberry unlimited SOC, so that must be how I mixed it up.
    07-01-08 08:40 AM
    yay unlimited text messaging!

good thing too... I'm on yahoo IM all day long.
    Interesting you mention being on yahoo IM and unlimited text messages......did you know your yahoo uses data? Hope you were not carrying unlimited SMS because of that......
    07-01-08 08:43 AM
    Interesting you mention being on yahoo IM and unlimited text messages......did you know your yahoo uses data? Hope you were not carrying unlimited SMS because of that......
    hahaha!! true that
    07-01-08 08:51 AM
    you know... I always wondered.

on a previous phone, I racked up a large bill. called T-Mo, and they told me that it was because Yahoo IM used text messaging. I thought it would be the same for the BB's. learn something new everyday! thanks!

but no, I do go through a LOT of text messages every month, so I went ahead and got the unlimited SMS plan.
    07-01-08 10:22 AM
    You can get the thing where you can use any I'm progam without using data.

I wish tey would make a plan for the BB crowd like they have for Sidekick users. Hopefully soon tho because I don't like paying for both services.

Thank god for 'grandfather' plans. It would be horrible if they got rid of that feature. I myself am on one as well but for mintues (1000 min for 39.99)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD