10-25-13 11:47 AM
40 12
tools
    if they felt there was good demand why not selling it for $0.99 like What's up and generate some cash..really hard to figure out this management team.
    Probably because the main goal is to ramp up the user base fast. Improve the quality. And then promote secure BBM for cross platform to enterprise users on BES. Make it a selling point for BES. Take advantage of BYOD instead of getting hammered by it.

People keep making the mistake of assuming BlackBerrys motives are consumer focused.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-25-13 02:31 AM
    Can't we be open to hearing differing points of view? It could be a good discussion.
    I grow tired of this defence. It's not a different point of view its just tiresome negativity.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-25-13 05:49 AM
    Great start for BBM cross platform. I know many folks who are using it and liking it now.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:56 AM
    I grow tired of this defence. It's not a different point of view its just tiresome negativity.

Perspective is everything.
    10-25-13 05:57 AM
    Exactly by that logic (:roflmao what's app, line, and we chat will start manufacturing handsets to compete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Was this the differing point of view Tre? Yeah...that is constructive.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 05:58 AM
    if they felt there was good demand why not selling it for $0.99 like What's up and generate some cash..really hard to figure out this management team.
    I'm not sure starting out with a commercial app would help propagation.

I think offering it for free opens up the potential for sales down the road, but I think BBRY needs to be careful with strategy.
    10-25-13 05:59 AM

Posted via CB10

But D, that wasn't the post Whyareall was referring to.

I wonder which one he/she found gloomy at the point he/she posted.
    10-25-13 06:04 AM
    Such ignorance!!!
    Another testy newbie attacking a longtime user with nothing but insults. (Is there a way to globally block anyone who joined CB in the last year? Because with rare exceptions, they have added nothing to CB but mindless cheerleading and flaming.)

Roo Zilla is correct. While the relative success of BBM going cross-platform is a definite feather in the cap, there doesn't look to be any other feather that will survive other than MDM/enterprise services.

The handset division isn't going to survive for the very simple reason that nobody is buying them. It's not just wishful thinking to believe that BBM is going to be the savior of BB10. It's complete fantasy because having BBM available on Android on iOS provides absolutely no incentive to dump those app-wealthy platforms for one with a starving and skeletal ecosystem.

So -- if all goes well -- you have a whittled-down BBRY emerging out of the current morass with two divisions, one for BBM and one for MDM. One division will simply be a competitor with WhatsApp, Tango, Kik, etc., and the other will be simply be a competitor with Good, MS, etc.
    10-25-13 06:41 AM
    Perspective is everything.
    Act above it all all you like mate. It's called denial.

10-25-13 08:37 AM
    It's called denial.
    It's also called "irony."
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-25-13 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is my point of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    10-25-13 08:52 AM
    Act above it all all you like mate. It's called denial.

LOL. Now that post is, daresay, negative.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 10-25-13 at 09:51 AM.
    10-25-13 09:22 AM
    The most interesting data point about this launch to me is that despite less marketing than we saw for the Z10 (and despite the claims of generalized BBRY hatred), BBMx is doing very well. It would appear that when consumers are offered a product that interests them, it's not necessary to do a lot of marketing, and their alleged anti-BBRY stance is no longer an issue.
    10-25-13 09:49 AM
    The most interesting data point about this launch to me is that despite less marketing than we saw for the Z10 (and despite the claims of generalized BBRY hatred), BBMx is doing very well. It would appear that when consumers are offered a product that interests them, it's not necessary to do a lot of marketing, and their alleged anti-BBRY stance is no longer an issue.
    No, the victim complex still exists. There are folks counting slights on Twitter.

But the logical answer -- good products tend to be well received -- is not conspiratorial enough. Somehow, some way, BBM pierced the impenetrable wall of world hatred.
    10-25-13 09:55 AM
    LOL. Now that post is, daresay, negative.
    Lol

10-25-13 11:47 AM
40 12