02-07-12 04:51 PM
46 12
tools
    BB News and Rumors?

My iPhone 4 has only crashed once or twice in the year I have owned it. My Galaxy Nexus has crashed once and I have owned it for less than a week. To be fair, there is a custom ROM on it though.
    Last edited by avt123; 02-06-12 at 08:47 PM.
    02-06-12 08:42 PM
    I have to reboot my HTC Evo DAILY. Very frustrating. It's into its second year. Maybe it's just getting old.

When the contract is up in June, I will prob go Samsung. Current iPhone screen is just too small for me.
    My iPad has NEVER crashed. But some wayward apps do freeze on occasion.
    02-06-12 10:06 PM
    My galaxy s crashes once every couple days and my htc mytouch 4g doesn't have the battery life to be awake long enough to crash.
    02-06-12 10:32 PM
    The study is concerned with APPS crashing. Not the OS itself. I've never seen the phone crash and burn once. Apps crash, sure. I wouldn't say ALL the time, but some aren't nearly as stable as others.

But yeah. This is about APPS crashing, not the phone's entire OS. I've never seen that happen personally on my own iPhone 4, or even heard of it happening second-hand.
    02-06-12 10:41 PM
    I frequently see app crashes. But then too, I typically run beta builds of many apps, so I'm not surprised when it happens.
    02-06-12 11:18 PM
    My iPhone 4S has been bulletproof.
    Cleveland likes this.
    02-07-12 02:53 AM
    I believe it. My VZW iPhone 4 crashed almost weekly.
    I highly doubt this unless you jailbroke it and meddled with it and had no knowledge of what you were doing -

3 iDevice's in 3 years plus now an iPad 2 that reports is a joke - there is no way

And nothing crashed more than any bb device I ever had almost daily
    02-07-12 04:29 AM
    I find the study to be opposite of real life experience with me and my friends. I cant say i have crashes often at all with android even modded and overclocked but it still happens 1-2 a month probably. I would venture to say most of my friends with iphones have never had them crash or need a reboot. Maybe like 3-5 times a year or something

Yea but is it possible your friends would lie about that? After all its the iPhone, the best phone in the world. It would never crash right? Or at least they wont want to admit it. At work sometimes a few guys wanna show me some youtube videos or something on facebook and it has crashed on them. Meanwhile they knock my 9860 and it has worked flawlessly infront of them but they continue to say "that thing is garbage".
    02-07-12 04:55 AM
    Yea but is it possible your friends would lie about that? After all its the iPhone, the best phone in the world. It would never crash right? Or at least they wont want to admit it. At work sometimes a few guys wanna show me some youtube videos or something on facebook and it has crashed on them. Meanwhile they knock my 9860 and it has worked flawlessly infront of them but they continue to say "that thing is garbage".
    It's possible that all fanboys would lie about their particular device having problems. I can say for sure my 4s hasn't spontaneously bricked itself like a particular device that comes to mind. Some app crashes for sure have occurred.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 06:43 AM
    My Android never crashed.

My BlackBerry devices starting with the 9630 crashed many a time. The 8330 never did.

My parents haven't reported a crashed iPhone yet.
    02-07-12 06:51 AM
    Several people comparing BlackBerry to iOS or Android devices have cited using OS's that are no longer actively supported and quite old (4.7 and 5.0 IIRC). On my 9900 (running beta 7.1) or my 9650 (running 6) I dont have the crashes hardly ever. Sometimes ill get the hourglass but that is it. I also use my device quite a bit more than most people out there. I receive about 8000 e-mails a day, send about 500, and have constant BBM conversations on the 9650. 9930 receives fewer e-mails but there are more applications on it.
    02-07-12 07:03 AM
    It's possible that all fanboys would lie about their particular device having problems. I can say for sure my 4s hasn't spontaneously bricked itself like a particular device that comes to mind. Some app crashes for sure have occurred.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Stuff just stops working on my wifes iphone and it has to be reset. I don't understand why people don't understand IOS is not all that bulletproof.
    02-07-12 09:10 AM
    Several people comparing BlackBerry to iOS or Android devices have cited using OS's that are no longer actively supported and quite old (4.7 and 5.0 IIRC). On my 9900 (running beta 7.1) or my 9650 (running 6) I dont have the crashes hardly ever. Sometimes ill get the hourglass but that is it. I also use my device quite a bit more than most people out there. I receive about 8000 e-mails a day, send about 500, and have constant BBM conversations on the 9650. 9930 receives fewer e-mails but there are more applications on it.
    8000 a day? Are they IT alerts? Clearly you don't have the bandwidth to respond to 16.66 emails every minute, assuming you worked an 8 hour day.
    02-07-12 09:13 AM
    they have no reason to lie over something so trivial. Some are not tech savvy at all and wouldnt even know about crash rates for other phones. They just mentioned how few times the phone crashed for them in the last 1.5 or so. They weren't bragging about it.
    02-07-12 10:45 AM
    8000 a day? Are they IT alerts? Clearly you don't have the bandwidth to respond to 16.66 emails every minute, assuming you worked an 8 hour day.
    Yes most are network alerts that I glance at for less than a second. Sending those e-mails is the real pain, but I tend to send on my BB more than PC anyway. (Outlook 2010 is a very slow beast IMO)
    02-07-12 11:36 AM
    My 9930 OS has never crashed to date. Dont recall any issues with the limited apps I use either.

My Storm 2 crashed maybe a handful of times at most, but I am pretty sure it was app related vs just a random crash. And I had the device for a good 2 years.
    02-07-12 12:29 PM
    BB News and Rumors?
    ApparentlyI had this in General Discussion, but it got moved here....
    02-07-12 12:42 PM
    My 9650 crash one me once, once( because I was messing around with the E-screen)
    Most OS are relatively crash proof, unless they had bad apps or the usre mess with it period.
    02-07-12 01:11 PM
    ApparentlyI had this in General Discussion, but it got moved here....
    Very interesting.
    02-07-12 01:13 PM
    Never had a crashed iPhone 4 during the time I've had my device (over a year)...
    02-07-12 01:41 PM
    "These remarks & Many More, just shows that even when presented with factual data, people don't want to believe what is shown unless it is in their favor." - bbpandy

Hmm.... A bit like when some trolls criticise the Playbook?....Or the delayed release of the new BB phones to late 2012?...or .... Shall I go on. Your being selective or have memory problems
    Not at all. I did not say "When Apple Fans...." I said "People" Apple, BlackBerry, Android, WebOS, ect. Fans are all the same, they don't like facts that go against what they believe in.......Though now that you mention it, I would argue that iFans are in a class of their own. BlackBerry, Android, and WebOS fans know WHY they purchased their devices, & why they like them over the competition. Often times Apple fans can't tell you why Apple is better, They just thiink it just is better becuase it's got a half eaten logo.
    02-07-12 04:51 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD