05-06-14 10:42 AM
55 123
tools
    I got the chance to check Good out on a friend's Android phone...boy is the integration ever poor, and like you said the calendar really is sad.

If you put these phones side by side and compared BES to Good there is no comparison...of course tons of IT admins wanted "cool " iPhones and Droids, so functionality took a back seat.
    It's funny, I've been on a rant about Good at work this week because I finally had to delete the app since it makes me miss important meetings and it wasted my time sending me to meetings that had been moved or even canceled! And on top of all that nonsense, it sucks up battery as well.

Now everyone here thinks I'm a BB fanboy because I want the 9930 reinstated as an option.

I totally get it. The perfect work phone for me would be the Q20 on BES. That is something BB does far better than Good.

I would still carry an iPhone or Android for everything else, but I just can't live with email and calendar through Good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-05-14 08:09 PM
    It's funny, I've been on a rant about Good at work this week because I finally had to delete the app since it makes me miss important meetings and it wasted my time sending me to meetings that had been moved or even canceled! And on top of all that nonsense, it sucks up battery as well.

Now everyone here thinks I'm a BB fanboy because I want the 9930 reinstated as an option.

I totally get it. The perfect work phone for me would be the Q20 on BES. That is something BB does far better than Good.

I would still carry an iPhone or Android for everything else, but I just can't live with email and calendar through Good.

Why not have them upgrade to BES10 for free? Their Good CALs transfer over.

That being said, this ad is just business on their part. They are trying to survive in the same space as BlackBerry. It seems that only BlackBerry doesnt go after the competition (or at least doesnt do it very well)
    05-05-14 08:16 PM
    Why not have them upgrade to BES10 for free? Their Good CALs transfer over.

That being said, this ad is just business on their part. They are trying to survive in the same space as BlackBerry. It seems that only BlackBerry doesnt go after the competition (or at least doesnt do it very well)
    I've been exchanging emails with the VP responsible for this decision. The decision was taken when BB put up the "For sale" sign. We still have a few BES10 servers installed on trial licenses in a few test regions, but we have no plans to actually implement it in production right now.

I hope that changes, because I'm not the only one fed up with Good. If BB can stabilize, I think I can convince people to give them a shot again.

Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    05-05-14 08:51 PM

I hope that changes, because I'm not the only one fed up with Good. If BB can stabilize, I think I can convince people to give them a shot again.

The "For Sale" sign caught many by surprise! And many of them are not going to let BlackBerry surprise them again, they want to see a stable company before they invest. Because no one knows for sure what a new owner will do with the company.

Problem is that without some major sales to enterprise, it will be hard to stabilize the company. So all of these smaller MDM companies are taking advantage.

And if seems BlackBerry has decided that BES12 is what everyone is waiting for... so they seem to be waiting also.

Yes BES is mobile device management... just like four or five years ago a BlackBerry was THE smartphone. Not sure waiting is a "good" strategy.

Posted via Android Powered CrackBerry App via SNAP
    05-06-14 06:02 AM
    "Start Considering an Exit Strategy" ad on Good.com-img_20140502_075700.png

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    05-06-14 10:42 AM
55 123