05-06-14 10:42 AM
55 123
tools
    I saw a blackberry slogan

There is good security and there is National Security...

I like this.

Z30 on Verizon running 10.2. 1.1925
    02-25-14 01:02 AM
    why?
    Did you read my post? Most companies already have browser based email that is better than Good. I have had it. User side it offers nothing that is not already available. I don't know on the Administrator side, but I know they did not support BB back in the day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mobile Nations mobile app
    02-25-14 09:09 AM
    Why doesn't BlackBerry do a facts campaign to combat this?

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 11:16 AM
    BlackBerry Fights Back!

"Good is not Good Enough"

At Mobile World Congress (#MWC14), enterprise mobility and security were big topics this week.

The question is whether the industry can handle the onslaught of point solutions and new security issues that are arising as enterprise mobility is becoming a requirement. And, will customers be able to manage and understand the myriad of security vendors offerings and who is trusted to work with.

Many vendors claim to have the experience and capabilities to meet the wide breadth of needs that organizations have. But only BlackBerry has the capability to meet the end-to-end demands of highly secure environments as well as the flexibility of more open, multi-platform BYOD infrastructures. This is especially true for the regulated industry, where security demands are the highest.

Goods Christy Wyatt said customers were calling them because BlackBerry cant manage other devices. BlackBerry CEO John Chen rebutted saying, BlackBerry has provided multi-platform OS management for nearly 2 years now, so lets put that to rest. Good Technology may talk about 5,000 customers but with 30,000 new BES10 servers installed in the past year alone, Id argue that were the ones getting the calls from customers.

Pure play vendors such as Good Technology have been able to create healthy competition in the mobile MDM space, but it will be challenging for them to evolve past being just an MDM provider.

And, the approach that security can be good enough that Good and other vendors are selling is often not good for customers. This is especially true for those in regulated industries financial services, healthcare, insurance, government where the highest security environments are required.

BlackBerry is also making a strategic move by investing in a new architecture that goes beyond enterprise mobility management (EMM) to an application-based environment and ecosystem that provides a highly productive end-user experience. This new enterprise mobility platform is being executed by John Sims, BlackBerrys President of Enterprise Services, who announced a new roadmap of differentiated and secure products and services tailored to meet any enterprises end-to-end mobility needs. This includes a new enterprise mobility foundation, devices and applications, including a new eBBM suite for enterprise customers.

Chen goes on to say, Were fully transparent with our customers about what they get from us; our new pricing structure is crystal clear and most importantly, unlike other companies, when we say something is free, we mean that its free.

That is why the new EZ Pass promotion gives customers the opportunity to migrate for free from BES or any other less secure MDM platforms to BES10. As BlackBerry executes on our long term vision, were ensuring customers will be able to easily move forward with us.

Despite the changes that the EMM market is experiencing, we will leave you with this example: BlackBerry is used and trusted by all seven of the G7 governments who recognize that BlackBerry provides the right approach to EMM with best-in-class security, management and ease-of-use that is demanded by their industry and end-users.

Source: Inside BlackBerry - Business Blog
    02-27-14 12:07 PM
    I work for Bank of America Merchant Services and they replaced all BlackBerry devices fir S3 devices to use Good App.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 11:04 PM
    My take on the whole situation is that BlackBerry needs to continue to market their BES solution to enterprise customers and show them the advantages compared to the Good solution. They also need to offer promotions to entice back former customers who have left them for other solutions. EZ pass is definitely a start.

Sure BlackBerry may lose some customers as indicated in the previous post. But if you compare statistics stated by BlackBerry CEO Chen, in the last year Good signed up 5,000 new customers compared to 30,000 who signed up for BES 10.
    03-01-14 04:00 AM
    I think that 30,000 sign ups in a year is misleading. Was it not more like 30,000 trials and who knows how many of those actually turned into purchases?

Just asking.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:21 AM
    I think that 30,000 sign ups in a year is misleading. Was it not more like 30,000 trials and who knows how many of those actually turned into purchases?

Just asking.
    That's exactly right. BB keeps talking about the "installs" (including trails, which is most of them) and has never even hinted at how many of these have become actual customers. You can bet that Good isn't counting trials, and IMO it's a very poor practice by BB.
    03-01-14 06:24 PM
    Here's a nice slogan.

Why settle for just Good, when you can have the BES? Attachment 250026
    That's GOLD Jerry!
    web99 likes this.
    03-01-14 08:33 PM
    That's exactly right. BB keeps talking about the "installs" (including trails, which is most of them) and has never even hinted at how many of these have become actual customers. You can bet that Good isn't counting trials, and IMO it's a very poor practice by BB.
    Trials aside BlackBerry has a significant amount of clients on bes. More than the next 3 competitors combined.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-02-14 12:46 AM
    Please present proof that Good is not counting trials as well. (if they have one)

Posted via CB on BB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-02-14 01:59 AM
    Trials aside BlackBerry has a significant amount of clients on bes. More than the next 3 competitors combined.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. They rule the roost. I do believe BBRY has to pay attention to the bothersome entities nipping at its heels though.
    web99 likes this.
    03-02-14 02:37 AM
    is it just me or does the Q10 on that Good site look off? Something strange looking about that device like its a combination of the Q5 and Q10 lol
    It's a Q10. The BlackBerry word/logo is on the top. Q5 on the other hand is at the bottom of the display.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.2141
    03-02-14 02:57 AM
    I do find it kind of odd as well. But look at how many businesses there are in the world. They are counting even the small 10 person company, so it can add up pretty fast.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:40 AM
    The BlackBerry Innovation Community

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    03-02-14 11:25 AM
    I did say "retaining" which implies existing customers. BlackBerry has a history of being far too complacent, and I have not seen any actions to point out that this has changed.

Posted via CB10
    Are you in the know? I know BES admins have posted comments that they got a visit from a BlackBerry rep something that has never happened to him in last 10 years.

To me, that is a change and good one. So unless you specifically know otherwise you are perpetuating poor image of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 11:38 AM
    Please present proof that Good is not counting trials as well. (if they have one)
    He will never present proof of anything. This guy just comes on here to talk trash about BlackBerry.
    03-02-14 02:44 PM
    He will never present proof of anything. This guy just comes on here to talk trash about BlackBerry.
    He actually considers himself a "realist" but always seems to be proven wrong. Just like his predictions late last year :P I would take what he says with a grain of salt.

What the best businesses do is put what ever edge they got and convert it to an advantage. I'm sure Good is doing the same.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-02-14 02:59 PM
    I work for Bank of America Merchant Services and they replaced all BlackBerry devices fir S3 devices to use Good App.

Posted via CB10
    Hear that hackers, the bank of America phones are open for business, start snooping! Lol

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    03-02-14 03:03 PM
    It's trials troy, thanks for coming out!

03-02-14 03:05 PM
    So I guess these ads are rotating on Crackberry? I guess I never really paid attention to them before. The title of this tread should probably be changed to "Start Considering an Exit Strategy" ad on CrackBerry.com!

"Start Considering an Exit Strategy" ad on Good.com-screen-shot-2014-05-05-5.29.04-pm.png
    "Start Considering an Exit Strategy" ad on Good.com-screen-shot-2014-05-05-5.29.24-pm.png
    Last edited by early2bed; 05-05-14 at 05:57 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-05-14 05:38 PM
    Hear that hackers, the bank of America phones are open for business, start snooping! Lol

B of A had been screwing up quite a bit lately,publicly. This may add to that streak.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 05:45 PM
    The thing is Good for Android and iOS are just terrible applications. The calendar is extremely buggy, to the point that I can't trust it at all. Power usage is crazy.

Unfortunately, our company is not adding any new BlackBerry devices now to BES, so I don't have a choice. If we still offered the 9930 as an option, I would trade in my Nexus 5 right now, that's how useless Good has been for me lately. The implementation is just really, really poor.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    05-05-14 07:51 PM
    The thing is Good for Android and iOS are just terrible applications. The calendar is extremely buggy, to the point that I can't trust it at all. Power usage is crazy.

Unfortunately, our company is not adding any new BlackBerry devices now to BES, so I don't have a choice. If we still offered the 9930 I would trade in my Nexus 5 right now, that's how useless Good has been for me lately. The implementation is just really, really poor.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    I got the chance to check Good out on a friend's Android phone...boy is the integration ever poor, and like you said the calendar really is sad.

If you put these phones side by side and compared BES to Good there is no comparison...of course tons of IT admins wanted "cool " iPhones and Droids, so functionality took a back seat.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 07:58 PM
    I got the chance to check Good out on a friend's Android phone...boy is the integration ever poor, and like you said the calendar really is sad.

If you put these phones side by side and compared BES to Good there is no comparison...of course tons of IT admins wanted "cool " iPhones and Droids, so functionality took a back seat.

Posted via CB10
    It isnt Good that BlackBerry needs to worry about. Airwatch and MaaS360 is something they need to worry about.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    05-05-14 08:03 PM
55 123