I called and spoke to them online and they said the phone will be in dealers in august when the releas is over for the pre. Was i told wrong by them or is it accurate? I went to a few verizon dealers and they are stocked up by me in chicago.
    07-13-09 09:25 PM
    Why haven't you even bothered to go to your local Sprint Store? CSR's don't know jack sometimes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 11:21 PM
    i agree go to the actual store...
    07-13-09 11:42 PM
    definitely go to the store....dont eva eva eva eva call them....
    07-14-09 05:04 PM
    I called and spoke to them online and they said the phone will be in dealers in august when the releas is over for the pre. Was i told wrong by them or is it accurate? I went to a few verizon dealers and they are stocked up by me in chicago.
    This is correct... I went in my local sprint store today to take a look at the pre, and I asked where the tour is, and they said they wont have it until august Seems pretty dumb to me..
    07-14-09 05:14 PM
    i am picking mine up tomorrow, my rep ordered it on friday, couple days behind the release date and he got it today. he is charging the battery and im going there after work. he also told me they are 3 weeks backorder because of the demand.
    07-14-09 08:18 PM
    I dont doubt there is demand but the backorder has more to do with supply. Why do you think we wont see these in any Sprint stores for another couple of weeks. Sprint did all they could to match verizons release knowing full well they would not meet demand. Its kind of frustrating but it was a wise business decision on their part to minimize any vzw defectors.
    07-14-09 09:37 PM
    Exactly at least we have a new BB with sprint

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 11:07 PM
    Stores won't have them till around 2nd week of August. I asked someone at the Tyson's Corner store (great store) and was told this. Order it on the web. I've got mine already.
    07-15-09 07:51 AM
    i ordered mine on the phone the sunday it came out and got it on friday, went to the store to activate it, and it was funny cause no one in the store had seen it before i took it there... lol
    07-21-09 01:20 PM
    I just orderd the 9630 today online. Said free overnight shipping? I will see how long it takes to ship, I hope I will see it before Friday. I was waiting for the Pre but went to see it in person. I did not like anything about it. The tour looks great and I know the software will work for me. I should be able to activate it without going into the store.
    07-21-09 03:34 PM
    i am picking mine up tomorrow, my rep ordered it on friday, couple days behind the release date and he got it today. he is charging the battery and im going there after work. he also told me they are 3 weeks backorder because of the demand.
    In store, Online or both? I orderd today online.
    Thanks
    BP
    07-21-09 03:37 PM
    Why don't you just order it online? I ordered mine last week(about Wednesday), had free overnight shipping(it was on backorder) but got it Monday afternoon.
    07-22-09 12:48 AM
    Sprint did their release date for July 12th as a upgrade/new online order only. the stores won't get it in until Aug 2nd.
    07-22-09 06:55 AM
    Personally, I am happy that they moved up their release date to July 12; I already have mine. They were always pretty clear that the phone wouldn't hit the shelves until August 2, so you can either wait till then, or order online. But this isn't a situation where they promised it would be in the stores and it isn't. To give them their due...
    07-22-09 08:12 AM
    The stores will start selling them tomorrow now, the date has been pushed up.
    07-22-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD