So after doing a few Google searches for the Blackberry 9930, I am no where closer to finding out whether this version of the Torch will ever come to be for us Sprint users. Does anyone know if Sprint is destined to get a version of the BB slider phone in the near future? I originally had the Curve 8330 but tossed it recently in favor of the Palm Pre. While I like the Palm, I miss the calendar and email features of the Blackberry OS but I don't like its small screen. The Torch is exactly what I want, but I do not want to go to AT&T as their service is terrible in my area. So if anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.
    01-29-11 06:17 PM
    My guess is Sprint will have a Torch-like device hopefully by 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year...possible 4G too? I do know for a fact that at&t loses their exclusive for the Torch in mid-february, so any carrier can if they and RIM choose, pick up the Torch. I have a 8330 and am waiting VERY paitently for a Sprint Torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 07:42 PM
    There is absolutely zero evidence Sprint will ever get a torch. I've never seen so much chatter about a device that has no spy shots or inventory screen shots. We just saw RIM's CDMA roadmap for 2011 and no torch. I for one would LOVE to get that device on Sprint I just dont see anything other than rumors referencing it.
    01-30-11 07:29 AM
    The Torch as of now is still an AT&T Exclusive. They haven't put an end to that Exclusive Deal, so we can only conclude that it's stuck on with them for now. Any type of change is going to be some sort of small announcement, most likely because the exclusive was not really made clear to the Public.

Especially, seeing as how the Apple phone is going to all Major Carriers: It Is No Longer a Verizon iPhone World, Sprint and T-Mobile Join the Party | PersonalFinanceBulletin.com
    -mobile-join-the-party/5965/

01-30-11 12:43 PM
    Thread after thread hoping for a CDMA Torch is testing the limits of the definition of insanity. Constantly posting these hopeful threads expecting a different result is just not realistic. Sprint might get an updated bar form RIM device but a touchscreen slider seems very unlikely.
    01-30-11 01:18 PM
    My guess is Sprint will have a Torch-like device hopefully by 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year...possible 4G too? I do know for a fact that at&t loses their exclusive for the Torch in mid-february, so any carrier can if they and RIM choose, pick up the Torch. I have a 8330 and am waiting VERY paitently for a Sprint Torch

And what is your source for saying you know for a fact that AT&T is losing exclusivity for the Torch?
    01-30-11 02:32 PM
    I think the Torch was launched on AT&T as a 6 month Exclusive.

Didn't it release in August?

That means it will end in February, if it is indeed a 6 month exclusive.
    01-31-11 01:57 PM
    I'd like to see a link if that is true, because I've never heard anything of the sort.
    01-31-11 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD