10-19-11 06:12 AM
40 12
tools
    Spotify is the coolest thing ever. My company actually provides support for there US based servers. I was bummed when I found out BB didnt have it.... Then again I wasnt surprised. Maybe BBM Music will be integrated with Spotify. btw... if you have a facebook account you dont need anyone to send you an invite.... spotify .com/us/hello-america/
    Last edited by Fusioned; 09-22-11 at 05:19 PM.
    09-22-11 05:00 PM
    Didn't Spotify claim they were already working on a BlackBerry app almost two years ago? I'll believe it when I see it.
    This - I was going to try replicate some functionality with libspotify but it's near impossible considering the limited functions you have access to - and it's slightly harder to reverse-engineer everything and not get in trouble for it.

Thats what makes it simple for me to believe, I've alredy seen it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Any screenshots or photos then?
    09-23-11 03:21 AM
    well, as I don't have the app on my phone , a screenshot will be somewhat difficult to produce
    09-26-11 08:55 AM
    Surely you could/would have taken photos at the event...
    09-26-11 10:55 AM
    I could but I didn't really think about it.. and I'm not sure that I would do it if I thought about it either ..

first of all I never posted this thread with any other intention than to let you know the tiny tidbits of info that I picked up .. if people have doubts then fine .. i really dont care if anyone doesen't believe me - time will tell
    09-26-11 11:04 AM
    Do you still need a spotify invite to join?
    09-26-11 04:26 PM
    ... dribs & drabs on the android app translator/player...

"U.K.-based tech news site Thinq.co.uk says RIM representatives announced the new Android App Player information at the Eastern European Mobile Monday Developer Summit's "Droidcon" event in Romania today. And the Android apps on PlayBook restrictions are as follows:

No "live wallpaper"
    No SIP or SIP VoIP support
    No applications created using the Android Native Development Kit (NDK)
    No apps that consist only of home screen "widgets"
    No apps that "rely" on Google Maps
    No in-app billing services
    No support for Android text-to-speech engine
    No "cloud-to-device" messaging
    No apps that demand multiple "activities" tied to the Android launcher"

excerpted from...
    Android Apps on BlackBerry PlayBook: More Details, Restrictions | CIO Blogs
    09-28-11 09:40 AM
    You were right about the Spotify app I guess, cheers for the scoop.
    lund likes this.
    10-19-11 05:56 AM
    oh so its been announced yet? I was betting on sometime during the DevCon but I haven't heard anything about it myself ... do you have a link?
    10-19-11 05:58 AM
    10-19-11 05:59 AM
    Spotify down, 10" PlayBook to go
    chrism_scotland likes this.
    10-19-11 06:03 AM
    Spotify down, 10" PlayBook to go
    I'll settle for OS 2.0 and Angry Birds.......
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    10-19-11 06:07 AM
    well, at least both Angry Birds and OS 2.0 are confirmed ... the 10" is still just a rumor but i've been told that its still beeing worked on, although not as consistently as the QNX phones
    10-19-11 06:08 AM
    I'd say getting the QNX phones landed first is more important, once there are (hopefully) millions of QNX Blackberries out there the apps and support will be there for a 10" Tablet... personally I like the 7" but I can see why a larger one would be useful too.
    10-19-11 06:11 AM
    could not agree more! QNX/BBX phones are the only thing that should be focused on right now
    10-19-11 06:12 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD