09-19-13 11:42 AM
40 12
tools
    hey guys i just wanted to share this with my fellow crackberry friends ive been looking at BBM X for some time not and ive just been looking again and i found this

BBM For Android, iPhone Release Date Set? BlackBerry Event Invitation Hints At September Release For Messenger App

What do you guys think??

Regards Dean
    09-15-13 08:17 PM
    BlackBerry said by the end of summer. They have until the 21st. This isn't exactly new news. But I do hope it's released on the 18th. That way they didn't wait until the last possible moment or worse, gone beyond it.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:20 PM
    it says it was posted on 2 hours ago so surly its gotta be some news and i know what you mean ive read on here some of the rumors like the dates ect =]
    09-15-13 08:26 PM
    With the financials set to be discussed on the 27th (or 28th...i forget), getting BBM cross platform on the 18th would be fantastic. Being able to follow up the, either good or bad quarterly news with, "we've had BBM cross platform for only 9 days and already have x amount of downloads" wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm making an assumption that it will be downloaded a ton, but I think that's a fair one...

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-16-13 01:55 AM
    09-16-13 02:27 AM
    I'm making an assumption that it will be downloaded a ton, but I think that's a fair one...

Posted via CB10
    Well, at least all the people that love me and want to stay in touch will have to download it. If they have a capable phone, I will block them on WhatsApp. You dont want BBM, I dont wanna talk to ya anyway!
    09-16-13 06:40 AM
    Why Malaysia?

I just can't see the logic in that.

Q10
    Air Force One likes this.
    09-16-13 06:46 AM
    Why Malaysia?

I just can't see the logic in that.

Q10
    From the Digging Your Own Grave Department. Cheap BBs are/have been relatively popular in such 3rd world countries because of BBM. So BBRY is promoting this in those countries, presumably Malaysia (though I don't know any specifics about BB usage there). The problem is that this spells the death knell for BB handhelds because users in these countries can now just pick up a cheap Android-based device and use BBM on that. So BBRY maintains its BBM userbase -- to an unknown extent -- in developing countries at the expense of maintaining its handheld user base in those same countries.
    09-16-13 07:00 AM
    Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:25 AM
    Well in most countries where BBM is super popular BBM is included in their phone plan or is an add on.. so u can use BBM without having an expensive data plan.

That is why BB and BBM is so popular.

BBM on Android or ios will count against your data plan and will require u have on or atleast be connected to wifi in order to send or receive messages

Posted via CB10
    schmeat and LuisCast like this.
    09-16-13 10:26 AM
    Why would you need a (extra) plan for using an app?? Doesn't make sense

Do you guys get half Internet or so?

28/M/SWEDEN -> 2ABA2B4C (NO PEOPLE FROM AFRICA OR ASIA)
    09-16-13 10:28 AM
    I would be pretty surprised if cross platform BBM were launched on both Android and iOS the same day. That's a ton of new accounts - exponentially more than BBM has ever handled. Why would they risk a failure when they could easily do a staged launch i.e. Android first and then iOS two weeks later?
    09-16-13 10:31 AM
    BBM only plans exist as bis plans. Bb10 requires a normal data plan for BBM to work.

At data plan is required for ios and android so it may a non issue for those bnm users but there is an added cost for bbos 7 or older user if they want to switch platforms.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 01:05 PM
    BBM works just fine in WiFi only mode for all the dev alphas. With a BlackBerryID, hopefully one doesn't need to tie anything to a sim card to get things to work, iPhone, Android, BB10 device or other
    09-16-13 01:10 PM
    Hopefully. Hopefully I can login with one I'd and have the messages arrive on my phone and tablets / non sim phones

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 03:01 PM
    I got some good news! 18 for bbm x platform and 20th for channels!

They bumped the days

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:00 AM
    I would be pretty surprised if cross platform BBM were launched on both Android and iOS the same day. That's a ton of new accounts - exponentially more than BBM has ever handled. Why would they risk a failure when they could easily do a staged launch i.e. Android first and then iOS two weeks later?
    Your forgetting the ability to stage downloads on the app store front. We see it with updates and any major app. They go by region or carrier, not shur exactly. People will search for BBM and it won't show up untill there ready.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-13 07:46 AM
    The 18th would be a terrible idea, everyone will be busy updating iOS, setting it up and getting used to the new features. BBM will get severely lost in the mix. Bad idea!
    09-17-13 08:10 AM
    Nobody really cares about iOS, is sucks anyway and the first month they will complain that they want os6 back

Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-17-13 08:13 AM
    Right, other than the probably 200 million downloads of iOS tomorrow no one actually cares. #CommonSense

Nobody really cares about iOS, is sucks anyway and the first month they will complain that they want os6 back

Sent from my 4s using TapaTalk
    09-17-13 08:15 AM
    Right, other than the probably 200 million downloads of iOS tomorrow no one actually cares. #CommonSense

Remember, I don't know if you ever had an iPhone, but I had a few.

Your update is forced, if you like it or not..
    Last edited by Asmooh; 09-18-13 at 01:45 AM.
    09-17-13 08:18 AM
    Remember, I don't know if you ever had an iPhone, but I had a few.

Your update is forced, if you like it or not..

Actually, No, there will be a notification pushed out that its available but it's never been forced.

09-17-13 08:19 AM
    Actually, No, there will be a notification pushed out that its available but it's never been forced.

Did you ever try to downgrade an iPhone? if no... try!
    09-17-13 08:57 AM
    Did you ever try to downgrade an iPhone? if no... try!

The solution to that is to "not update". It's not forced on anyone as you stated.

09-17-13 08:59 AM
    The solution to that is to "not update". It's not forced on anyone as you stated.

After a while you don't have that choice anymore
    09-17-13 09:04 AM
40 12