11-10-13 10:43 AM
42 12
tools
    BlackBerry should have released a BB10 tablet at the same time the Z10 was launched. If they did then many consumers would have embraced it once they saw the potential of it.

Another wasted opportunity by BB.
    10-10-13 11:34 PM
    BlackBerry should have released a BB10 tablet at the same time the Z10 was launched. If they did then many consumers would have embraced it once they saw the potential of it.

Another wasted opportunity by BB.
    They could have but it would have been another financial and sales disaster for the reasons I listed above.

What BlackBerry should have done is what Apple did. They should have released their next generation smartphones BEFORE releasing any tablets, before the PlayBook back in 2011. That way they could have built up an app ecosystem for the QNX based phones that would run on the eventual tablet even if they had to be "zoomed in" giving it a running start.

Instead BlackBerry did it the wrong way round. They made the PlayBook first that struggled because a tablet absolutely depends on a healthy app ecosystem, few people bought one for that reason so few people developed apps for it, a vicious circle.

If the QNX smartphones had been launched first in 2011 they would have sold more than the PlayBook even with a limited app range at first just as BB10 phones have outsold the PlayBook this year because you can still use an app-less phone as a phone! BBOS 7 should never have seen the light of day.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:36 AM
    They could have but it would have been another financial and sales disaster for the reasons I listed above.

What BlackBerry should have done is what Apple did. They should have released their next generation smartphones BEFORE releasing any tablets, before the PlayBook back in 2011. That way they could have built up an app ecosystem for the QNX based phones that would run on the eventual tablet even if they had to be "zoomed in" giving it a running start.

Instead BlackBerry did it the wrong way round. They made the PlayBook first that struggled because a tablet absolutely depends on a healthy app ecosystem, few people bought one for that reason so few people developed apps for it, a vicious circle.

If the QNX smartphones had been launched first in 2011 they would have sold more than the PlayBook even with a limited app range at first just as BB10 phones have outsold the PlayBook this year because you can still use an app-less phone as a phone! BBOS 7 should never have seen the light of day.

Posted via CB10
    I've often thought similarly, that the phone should have been released first instead of the tablet. But looking back on it now, what would that phone have been like in 2011? It probably would have been more or less a 4" PB with a radio. It would have bombed.
    10-11-13 07:04 AM
    Some people just refuse to internalize that the future of BlackBerry phones is in doubt and that another tablet is simply not on anyone's radar.

Posted via CB10
    Rello and Roo Zilla like this.
    10-11-13 08:03 AM
    Some people just refuse to internalize that the future of BlackBerry phones is in doubt and that another tablet is simply not on anyone's radar.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you...if people are barely buying the phones I think it shows that BlackBerry knows that the platform either isn't desirable/competitive enough to even just throw it on a tablet by now. It's just not gonna sell...especially pricing it at the same price as a ipad *im looking at you PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 01:13 PM
    This would a bigger fail than the PlayBook. The PlayBook had been my worst tech purchase. It could have been a great tablet but they pumped out an alpha version tablet and f'd the consumers.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 01:09 PM
    Given the BlackBerry view of the world, in which they keep making products that few want to buy, they will certainly build another tablet. And they'll call it the Playbook 2.
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    10-13-13 03:00 PM
    I would like to see this tablet. I'm betting if it ever sees the light of day, it'll look remarkably similar to a Kindle, but cost 3X the price.
    10-13-13 05:54 PM
    Well yeah I read that something is in the works and the Sherwood codename just somehow connects. Let's see

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 07:16 PM
    I would like to see this tablet. I'm betting if it ever sees the light of day, it'll look remarkably similar to a Kindle, but cost 3X the price.
    Prosumers obviously don't care about paying more for less!
    10-13-13 07:59 PM
    I would like to see BB10 being released for Nexus 7 hardware :-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    10-14-13 09:59 AM
    I respectfully disagree with my esteemed forum member. BlackBerry smartphone and tablet running BlackBerry OS 10 and fully functional BlackBerry Bridge would put BlackBerry at the forefront of mobile computing.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    They can't even get fully functional bridge now to the old PlayBook. Most businesses and business app developers are focused on iPad, why would they look to a BB10 tablet now or in the near future? Businesses will remember the failure that was named the PlayBook, the promise of it getting BB10 that didn't happen, and the **** poor recent history of BlackBerry and continue to look at the competition. BlackBerry will likely only have the MDM part of business and be supporting Android and iOS hardware.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 10:11 AM
    According to @BlackberryScoop:

https://twitter.com/BlackberryScoop

A sexy BB10 tablet that might have Google Play built in.

Already told you about New CEO interested in tablets. Seems like a new tablet will be coming and it most likely wont be called ‪#PlayBook.

There won't be BB10 on Playbook because it needs at least 2GB RAM to run.

‪#JohnBBCEO Doesn't share the same sentiment as Thor regarding tablets. We may see a BlackBerry10 Tablet emerge with a software offering.
    11-08-13 11:29 PM
    @BS is full of BS too lol
    11-08-13 11:31 PM
    Fingers crossed

I soooo like my PlayBook, but it's so outdated now that BB10 has come out.

If a BB10 tablet comes out, I am so there!
    11-10-13 09:36 AM
    Once heard on onrefaitlemac podcast someone who criticised the lack of apps for tablets on Android. They said google store had a lot of apps for smartphones but when it comes to specific tablet designed apps Android isn't that abundant.
    Just to say in that case (i don't know if the allegation is true) that the possibilty to access Google Store may be more interesting for smartphones than tablets.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 10:33 AM
    Once heard on onrefaitlemac podcast someone who criticised the lack of apps for tablets on Android. They said google store had a lot of apps for smartphones but when it comes to specific tablet designed apps Android isn't that abundant.
    Just to say in that case (i don't know if the allegation is true) that the possibilty to access Google Store may be more interesting for smartphones than tablets.

Posted via CB10
    They obviously have never taken a spin around BlackBerry World on a PlayBook... lol

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 10:43 AM
42 12