11-10-13 09:43 AM
42 12
tools
    According to @BlackberryScoop:

https://twitter.com/BlackberryScoop

Even though BlackBerry will not be making a consumer tablet, a new Enterprise tablet that will be bundled with a BB10 device will be coming.
    10-09-13 11:05 PM
    ha, blackberryscoop again! i thought he finally gave up after being laughed out of town
    10-09-13 11:12 PM
    Here's hoping right?
    10-09-13 11:14 PM
    BlackBerry Scoop is as reliable as Statcounter and Gadget Masters lol

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:17 PM
    If it adopts BB10 and can run all android sideload flawlessly. It could be cool. But unlikely to sell because they can't seem to fix their bad marketing and damaged reputation.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:32 PM
    An enterprise tablet? Maybe they should sit down with Cisco and have a chat about how well the Cius did
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-09-13 11:40 PM
    Why does anyone believe anything BlackBerry Scoop tweets? That account has been so wrong, so many times.

They're like the biggest BlackBerry troll, yet so many people believe what he/she writes.

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze and eldricho like this.
    10-09-13 11:59 PM
    According to @BlackberryScoop:

https://twitter.com/BlackberryScoop

Even though BlackBerry will not be making a consumer tablet, a new Enterprise tablet that will be bundled with a BB10 device will be coming.
    [Speculation] 2nd Generation BlackBerry Tablet For Enterprise-youre-serious.jpg
    10-10-13 12:06 AM
    Okay BlackBerryscoop isn't reliable. But he has been right on some things that no one else predicted (those cool headphones for instance). Also, multiple BlackBerry employees follow him. Explain that.

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9, follow @surgecoapps on Twitter for the latest news!
    10-10-13 03:41 AM
    So classic. This guy has always been out to lunch.

But thank goodness at least one of us understands what the z30 is best at:

[Speculation] 2nd Generation BlackBerry Tablet For Enterprise-img_00000422.jpg
    needforbbx likes this.
    10-10-13 04:04 AM
    Also, multiple BlackBerry employees follow him. Explain that.
    I'd guess the sheer hilarity??
    10-10-13 06:50 AM
    So classic. This guy has always been out to lunch.

But thank goodness at least one of us understands what the z30 is best at:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000422.jpg 
Views:	2529 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	209590
    What does mobile computing mean in the context of the BlackBerry Z30?

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    10-10-13 06:53 AM
    He may be wrong but it would be a good idea if it was completed and not half baked like the PlayBook. A Z30 with a 1080 resolution 6.5" and 9" screen and larger battery would be great.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 07:30 AM
    He may be wrong but it would be a good idea if it was completed and not half baked like the PlayBook. A Z30 with a 1080 resolution 6.5" and 9" screen and larger battery would be great.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I know my company could use a companion tablet (w/ keyboard) setup to go along with Q10s for our technicians. Heck! Anyone who only uses our web based applications could be switched off of PCs.
    10-10-13 07:38 AM
    New tablet huh, well let me make some predictions:

Release Date: Q2, 2017
    Price: $999.99
    10-10-13 08:36 AM
    How did that atrix or whatever Motorola put out do? That phone that plugged into the laptop. I think it failed rather fast.
    10-10-13 08:40 AM
    A lot of tablets to choose from. I don't know how many phablets they are other than Sony 's 6.4" Ultra Z I think it's called. BlackBerry could do a Phablet and Tablet.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 10:58 AM
    New tablet huh, well let me make some predictions:

Release Date: Q2, 2017
    Price: $999.99
    That will just be for the dumb screen, you will still need a $700 BlackBerry phone to make it fully functional. After all they are targeting prosumers (which is apparently people who think they are buying high end gear when they are really buying year old tech).
    10-10-13 01:42 PM
    While I believe that any successful Platform needs a Tablet to be competitive in the Enterprise market....

BlackBerry has neither a Platform or the ability to be Competitive to make them launching another Tablet a reasonable proposition.
    Rello likes this.
    10-10-13 01:52 PM
    While I believe that any successful Platform needs a Tablet to be competitive in the Enterprise market....

BlackBerry has neither a Platform or the ability to be Competitive to make them launching another Tablet a reasonable proposition.
    I respectfully disagree with my esteemed forum member. BlackBerry smartphone and tablet running BlackBerry OS 10 and fully functional BlackBerry Bridge would put BlackBerry at the forefront of mobile computing.

10-10-13 02:14 PM
    I respectfully disagree with my esteemed forum member. BlackBerry smartphone and tablet running BlackBerry OS 10 and fully functional BlackBerry Bridge would put BlackBerry at the forefront of mobile computing.

Most Tablets that I see in Business are there not because they have a browser and email client. It's because they have a application that allows that particular business to better serve their customers. When I say BlackBerry doesn't have the Platform, I mean they don't have those industry specific apps that I see being used every day.

When I said that aren't competitive... they aren't. The PlayBook at half the size, no ecosystem and still BlackBerry priced it to MATCH the iPAD? The Z10 price showed that they still don't understand the market... BlackBerry doesn't have the scale to compete in hardware, and while their OS is really good.... it's just an OS and needs an ecosystem to make it a real Platform that will support customers needs.

If BB built another $500 companion device it would sell, but fewer units than the PlayBook!

And you call me names like esteemed again and I'll report you to the Mods.....
    10-10-13 03:15 PM
    Okay BlackBerryscoop isn't reliable. But he has been right on some things that no one else predicted (those cool headphones for instance). Also, multiple BlackBerry employees follow him. Explain that.

Join the Surge Co. BBM Channel! C001213C9, follow @surgecoapps on Twitter for the latest news!
    Every single thing they've said can be found elsewhere. It's what they do, scour the internet, post it, repeat. Nothing new comes out of that account. If nothing else, you got to hand it to them for their passion, which is why most employees follow the account and you know, for the lulz.
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-10-13 03:48 PM
    Every single thing they've said can be found elsewhere. It's what they do, scour the internet, post it, repeat. Nothing new comes out of that account. If nothing else, you got to hand it to them for their passion, which is why most employees follow the account and you know, for the lulz.
    Also funny that he deleted all of his tweets from before August 18. Wonder why? lol

Crystal ball wasn't as clear as it seemed at the time?
    10-10-13 04:39 PM
    As much as I'd like this to be true, I was just talking today with a colleague about how useful BlackBerry Work Drives would be on a large BB10 tablet, there are a few things stopping BlackBerry from being able to do it and make money from it. That's why Thorsten tries to throw people off the scent whenever he is asked about another Blackberry tablet, he knows the following all too well:

1. Blackberry can't afford the R & D costs for the hardware and for redesigning BB10 to be practical on a tablet in both portrait and landscape orientation.

2. They can't afford the R & D costs because they won't be able to sell it in enough numbers at a price that recoups the costs and also makes them a profit.

Like all BB10 devices so far they'd have to start off trying to sell it for way more than it's worth and more than most people are willing to pay. Then comes the write down because they manufactured far too many and then the slash and burn fire sale and another step closer to bankruptcy. Sound familiar? PlayBook! It burned them out of the current tablet market.

3. A tablet with a huge "app gap" just doesn't attract sales in consumer land or enterprise. Blackberry know this from the PlayBook disaster while Microsoft can confirm it about their Surface tablet, especially the app-store-only Surface RT.

You can sell a phone with an app gap because the device is still useful without apps for its primary purpose - being a phone.

Selling a tablet that depends on apps to make it useful, whether consumer or business orientated, will fail when you don't have the ecosystem to support it.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 05:41 PM

Most Tablets that I see in Business are there not because they have a browser and email client. It's because they have a application that allows that particular business to better serve their customers. When I say BlackBerry doesn't have the Platform, I mean they don't have those industry specific apps that I see being used every day.

When I said that aren't competitive... they aren't. The PlayBook at half the size, no ecosystem and still BlackBerry priced it to MATCH the iPAD? The Z10 price showed that they still don't understand the market... BlackBerry doesn't have the scale to compete in hardware, and while their OS is really good.... it's just an OS and needs an ecosystem to make it a real Platform that will support customers needs.

If BB built another $500 companion device it would sell, but fewer units than the PlayBook!

And you call me names like esteemed again and I'll report you to the Mods.....
    Yep BlackBerry needs industry specific applications available for the BlackBerry 10 devices. No argument there.

10-10-13 06:34 PM
42 12