I just got conformation from my VZW guy that they decided to no longer offer Blackberrys in some stores. In one store that's close to my house, they will no longer have the Q10 in display starting this week. I was not able to get an answer as to the Z10. Also, some stores will not carry the Z30. It's optional and limited from store to store. He normally get's the new phone news a month in advance and he's heard nothing that the stores he's in will carry them at all. Either that or the Z30 is still over a month away for any news to end up in his sheets.
    09-30-13 07:47 PM
    No surprise there, assuming it's accurate. As soon as T-Mobile announced it, it was inevitable the rest would. For some stores, that's been their policy for a while now.
    09-30-13 07:49 PM
    Z30 will probably not be until November for US Carriers I had read. Verizon also did confirm via twitter they will have it. We'll have to see what shakes out with Blackberry's marketing and sales rep efforts as the private deal goes through. Then we'll know what their commitment really is to going forward in the US.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:26 PM
    Verizon had BlackBerry marketing?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:57 PM
    Verizon had BlackBerry marketing?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, it went like this.

"Hey, that phone suc** and doesn't have any apps. Buy something else."
    Mack Gans likes this.
    09-30-13 09:23 PM
    Our local Verizon store still had bbos6 ads up last time I was in there

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 10:23 PM
    I don't think Verizon ever got over the Storm debacle.
    10-01-13 10:50 AM
    Last check OS7 phones were not in store. And I only saw the Z, not the Q.

It's a shame.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 11:09 AM
    I noticed on Verizon's website that they increased the on-contract price for the Z10 to $99 instead of being free. I'm not understanding that.

Here is the Director of Marketing for BlackBerry for the Verizon account: Rima Katorji - Canada | LinkedIn

$80 million budget? And she won an award from BlackBerry in June for "outstanding achievement for the Z10 launch" and "exceeding expectations". What expectations did they have? Yikes!
    10-01-13 11:09 AM
    The initial Z10 launch was a terrible one with low "early adopter" sales and high return rates. The rebooting and other OS related issues got their share of Verizon tech time.

The remaining Z10 stock will go Enterprise and fire sale points.

In a backhanded manner this may help get BlackBerry reestablished and grow in the Enterprise realm.

And so it goes.....

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    10-01-13 11:14 AM
    Bear in mind it's not simply the carriers, they will have gone to BBRY and said "how much money are you putting behind this device in terms of marketing and promotional dollars?"

And then they would have responded accordingly.

In the UK, that seems to mean that although you can get the Z30, it's not (as far as I'm aware) being sold by any of the major carriers and is only available by third-party retailers and there is no marketing at all as far as I can tell - I don't mean very little, I mean none.
    10-01-13 11:17 AM
    I noticed on Verizon's website that they increased the on-contract price for the Z10 to $99 instead of being free. I'm not understanding that.

Here is the Director of Marketing for BlackBerry for the Verizon account: Rima Katorji - Canada | LinkedIn

$80 million budget? And she won an award from BlackBerry in June for "outstanding achievement for the Z10 launch" and "exceeding expectations". What expectations did they have? Yikes!
    A move from consumer to enterprise is what is taking place. There is no reason to discount devices to the enterprise market... this is usually done in other ways for those contracts that qualify. It's the same reason that the old BBOS devices never got marked down very much.

And it's why you don't see BlackBerry's on Verizon's main smartphone page anymore... you have to purposely look for a BlackBerry.
    kfh227 likes this.
    10-01-13 11:17 AM