09-21-13 01:34 PM
38 12
tools
    Michael Clewley said "there will still be 4 devices a year" on his twitter feed.

That seems kind of a lot to keep putting out a year, considering the current devices aren't doing that well.
    I saw that. "Eternally hopeful" was the thought that followed.
    09-20-13 11:01 PM
    Nothing, the answer is nothing. They have left the hardware business. It's not that hard to understand.
    Where do you come up with this stuff? It is hard to understand how you broadcast your interpretation as facts. And on almost every thread too. Are you the official BlackBerry statement interpreter now?
    donmateo likes this.
    09-20-13 11:03 PM
    I think BlackBerry should give iOS and Android users the option to use the BB10 keyboard in BBM only, to show them how much better it is. Going back to another app on their phones and having to type will be like jumping into a cold pool after being in a jacuzzi.

Posted via CB10
    This would be a great idea

Posted via Z10[/QUOTE]

Can somebody please get this to somebody at blackberry that can suggest this..
    If bbm will entice users, why not show them one of the best features around with maybe a 30 second demo when you first use the app.
    This will lower the learning curve as well for bb10

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 11:11 PM
    C series is next. The Z10 will be dropped for a cheap price
    09-21-13 02:57 AM
    BlackBerry 10 c series also launching soon

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 03:01 AM
    I saw that. "Eternally hopeful" was the thought that followed.
    Nope, just very specific phrasing. Note the absence of the word "new". cgk is right on the money - you aren't going to get any new BlackBerry devices ever again IMO.
    09-21-13 03:20 AM
    I think BlackBerry should give iOS and Android users the option to use the BB10 keyboard in BBM only, to show them how much better it is. Going back to another app on their phones and having to type will be like jumping into a cold pool after being in a jacuzzi.

Posted via CB10
    That won't happen.

BBRY licensed part of the keyboard from Swiftkey. If they'd release it on Android, they'd have to renegotiate the licensing. And I doubt Swiftkey would let them do that, considering that they make good money selling keyboards to Android users...

Posted via Z10[/QUOTE]
    09-21-13 03:45 AM
    It's hard for me to think of my Z10 as a LOW END BlackBerry device, but at this stage of BlackBerry future any four will do as long as the company stays in business
    09-21-13 03:50 AM
    Nope, just very specific phrasing. Note the absence of the word "new". cgk is right on the money - you aren't going to get any new BlackBerry devices ever again IMO.
    Hadn't planned on it, as much as I've enjoyed the last 6 years.
    09-21-13 06:10 AM
    When they say low end for the Z10 its not a $100 phone. It just means a prices cut to get closer to the Q5 level. It is what is. I hope price cuts on Z10 spur sales.
    09-21-13 07:27 AM
    Actually I've come to the conclusion - this is misdirection - they have exited hardware but worded it to make it appeared there are new devices but in reality the portfolio is the z10, z30, q5, q10 and the hope is the company is sold before they become obsolete - what's the point of building new devices of an OS you can't sell? It's just shareholders money down the drain.
    Yes, that was exactly the way I read it too. Maybe us Brits are too cynical by half?

Offer Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5: try to sell the stock they've already made, then close up shop. There will never be another new BB phone IMO... and, that is kind of a shame. I never thought BB were ever likely to pull it off, and it seemed like they were determined to shoot themselves in the foot at every opportunity, but I did have my fingers crossed for them.

My guess? They'll re-emerge, possibly as early as next Friday, as three separate companies: MDM, xBBM, and patent/QNX licensing; probably under new owners The hardware division will exist in name only, as the red-headed orphan... and will be wound down as soon as the dust settles on the company assets that are (inevitably) chopped-up and sold off.

As others have mentioned, my sympathies lie with the employees. It was management's job to lead BB and design and produce products that the market wanted to buy. They completely failed to provide that leadership and technical direction. What adds insult to injury is that many of those same managers will leave with pockets stuffed with so much cash that they'll never need to work again. Shameful... rewarded for failure!
    09-21-13 01:20 PM
    Yes, that was exactly the way I read it too. Maybe us Brits are too cynical by half?

Offer Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5: try to sell the stock they've already made, then close up shop. There will never be another new BB phone IMO... and, that is kind of a shame. I never thought BB were ever likely to pull it off, and it seemed like they were determined to shoot themselves in the foot at every opportunity, but I did have my fingers crossed for them.

My guess? They'll re-emerge, possibly as early as next Friday, as three separate companies: MDM, xBBM, and patent/QNX licensing; probably under new owners The hardware division will exist in name only, as the red-headed orphan... and will be wound down as soon as the dust settles on the company assets that are (inevitably) chopped-up and sold off.

As others have mentioned, my sympathies lie with the employees. It was management's job to lead BB and design and produce products that the market wanted to buy. They completely failed to provide that leadership and technical direction. What adds insult to injury is that many of those same managers will leave with pockets stuffed with so much cash that they'll never need to work again. Shameful... rewarded for failure!
    I didn't know you were a fellow brit! - yeah, the best possible option for XBBM is to be split off - it needs native apps that aren't simply ports of the GUI layout on BB10 for strong adoption but that isn't going to happen for ideological reasons while it is still part of BBRY.
    09-21-13 01:23 PM
    BlackBerry 10 c series also launching soon

Posted via CB10
    Drop the Q price, lol. I'll buy a bunch and just hold them. Use them till the possibility is over

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 01:34 PM
38 12