03-06-15 10:32 AM
72 123
tools
    Dude, you're on a Z10. The Z30 is a clear upgrade over your device.
    Seriously. If you are on a Z10 and want to upgrade, get a Z30. And you don't have to pay $500 to do the upgrade.
    03-04-15 09:00 AM
    But.....how do you know all this????? I mean the device isn't even out yet,at least let them show the device and tell you what does and doesn't do,them we will all have a better idea and opinion about it.relax

Posted via CB10
    So you can tell people just don't use the PKB and it is a full touch without seeing the device, but others can't say they don't want either the added bulk, heft, or reduced battery that physics constrain the device to having some major tradeoff to pure full touch because they haven't seen the device?! OK then!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 09:08 AM
    Please explain how adding 0.2 to the processor makes it a clear upgrade?
    Additionally to what sayf777 said, it's not just adding 200 MHz. Z30 has a much faster GPU (Adreno 320 vs Adreno 225) and the cpu cores are based on an advanced architecture (Krait 300).
    03-04-15 09:15 AM
    I think the next all touch Blackberry will be a Passport sans keyboard.

It just makes sense to continue a form factor that seems to have some market traction and simply removing the keyboard to make way for more screen real estate. This would also reduce the manufacturing costs as they probably could run on the same production line. Who knows, it might even be able to go back to a 16:9 aspect ratio, making Android apps work even better.

However who knows, Blackberry does have the unique skill of "grasping defeat from the jaws of victory"....
    03-04-15 10:24 AM
    The slider is also a full touch phone with great specs
    I didn't realize the spec's were announced... I guess "Coming Soon" = "great specs" to fan boys.
    Maxxxpower, JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    03-04-15 10:56 AM
    You were running for office?
    LOL...right.....no, ....Ok I should have choosen a better word..."Trucking", "Driving".

The French in me was not thinking properly at that hour of the night...
    03-04-15 12:59 PM
    Additionally to what sayf777 said, it's not just adding 200 MHz. Z30 has a much faster GPU (Adreno 320 vs Adreno 225) and the cpu cores are based on an advanced architecture (Krait 300).
    Thanks for the info, I want to get the Z30 but I just don't wanna lose the PPI difference between the Z10 and the Z30 plus the amoled display which sucks

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 08:27 PM
    Seriously. If you are on a Z10 and want to upgrade, get a Z30. And you don't have to pay $500 to do the upgrade.
    I understand that people will recommend the Z30 as an upgrade to the Z10. But c'mon... you have to understand their frustration when their upgrade option is already 1 1/2 years old.
    03-04-15 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the info, I want to get the Z30 but I just don't wanna lose the PPI difference between the Z10 and the Z30 plus the amoled display which sucks

Posted via CB10

I think you may have an unrealistic expectation of how the DPI and tech difference affects the display. I don't exactly yearn for more pixels, and never had a problem with the display.
    03-04-15 10:35 PM
    Dude, you're on a Z10. The Z30 is a clear upgrade over your device.
    But why? Why should our only full touch upgrade, be a device that has almost reached its two year mark?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 10:45 PM
    I understand that people will recommend the Z30 as an upgrade to the Z10. But c'mon... you have to understand their frustration when their upgrade option is already 1 1/2 years old.
    Yet, it is still a great phone and on par with new offerings from other companies.
    03-05-15 09:29 AM
    Yet, it is still a great phone and on par with new offerings from other companies.
    I disagree. While Z30 may be the fastest full touch Blackberry available it's nowhere "on par" with offerings from other companies with a comparable price tag.
    JeepBB, Thesmartmale and techvisor like this.
    03-05-15 09:47 AM
    As I recall, the Z30 was criticised (even on CB) for having behind the curve specs when it was introduced 18 months ago.

It might surprise you that I consider the Z30 the best, most practical, BB10 handset. But, on a par with *new* offerings from rivals? No.
    Thesmartmale and techvisor like this.
    03-05-15 10:08 AM
    I disagree. While Z30 may be the fastest full touch Blackberry available it's nowhere "on par" with offerings from other companies with a comparable price tag.
    iPhone 6 has worse specs than the Z30

Posted from my Red Passport
    03-05-15 10:13 AM
    But why? Why should our only full touch upgrade, be a device that has almost reached its two year mark?

Posted via CB10
    At least it is a cheap upgrade if you can catch one of the sales, and it easily blows the doors off the Z10. I went from Z10 to Z30 during the $225 sale and I am so glad I changed, especially with the "roadmap" being such a joke. The Z30 owners are the ones with zero options for upgrading unless you want to comprise to a thicker, heavier, and less reliable slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:15 AM
    In your own little world: probably. In reality: nope.
    03-05-15 10:22 AM
    I got mine for $225. I don't think you could find a phone at that price that would be as complete or well built. But yeah the launch price or non sale price the spec to price ratio was/is a joke.

I think Chen is intentionally making low volume high ASP devices is it will make killing off handset business easier. If he released something that was more successful then he wouldn't be able to kill it as easy.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:26 AM
    I got mine for $225. I don't think you could find a phone at that price that would be as complete or well built. But yeah the launch price or non sale price the spec to price ratio was/is a joke.
    No question - it was a very good choice for $225.
    03-05-15 10:34 AM
    I hope this question will just stop..

It's obvious now that 16:9 high end will come only with a physical keyboard... slider, pivoting, you name it!

Any 16:9 without a physical keyboard will be midrange or low end.

That's until BlackBerry either has more cash, stabilise its income from software or until other further notice

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 10:34 AM
    LMFAO! Thank you for the laugh.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    03-05-15 10:35 AM
    It might surprise you that I consider the Z30 the best, most practical, BB10 handset.
    The Z10 was the most iconic BlackBerry 10 device ever.

Too bad it was plagued with the restarting issue and poor battery life.
    03-05-15 10:39 AM

Posted from my Red Passport
    You and others on here that claim that Apple specs are not good are living in the days when they didn't design their own SoC's, and clearly have no comprehension of microprocessor design. Apple A8 is using a 20nm design where S4 Pro is 28 nm. 64 bit cores instead of 32 bit. The only "spec" the Z30 wins in is RAM. I'm no iPhone fan, but they are way ahead most in the industry in their SOC design.

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    03-05-15 10:39 AM
    In your own little world: probably. In reality: nope.
    Phone Arena comparison

Smart Phone

iPhone has more pixels and 64 Bit.
    But it has a smaller screen and a slower clunkier OS.
    03-05-15 10:40 AM
    You and others on here that claim that Apple specs are not good are living in the days when they didn't design their own SoC's, and clearly have no comprehension of microprocessor design. Apple A8 is using a 20nm design where S4 Pro is 28 nm. 64 bit cores instead of 32 bit. The only "spec" the Z30 wins in is RAM. I'm no iPhone fan, but they are way ahead most in the industry in their SOC design.

Posted via CB10
    You don't need 64 bit if your OS isn't bloatware.
    The Z30 also has a larger screen than the iPhone 6.
    The battery life on the Z30 is still better than the iPhone 6. I hear rumors that people are getting even better battery life after 10.3.1 upgrade.
    03-05-15 10:47 AM
    The Z10 was the most iconic BlackBerry 10 device ever.

Too bad it was plagued with the restarting issue and poor battery life.
    The Z10 was too small for me - even ignoring the "issues".

Size, it really *is* important!
    03-05-15 10:48 AM
72 123