"The company was recently stung by leaked intelligence documents claiming that authorities had 100% success rate in breaking into iPhones."

John Chen must a happy man!!

iPhones, iPads vulnerable to hacking: Apple - The Times of India

Posted via CB10 with lovely Z10...
    02-22-14 05:31 AM
    haha so we all knew this,,, bet the air force are kicking themselves now... the just went from the most secure to the least..haha

"It's as bad as you could imagine, that's all I can say," said Johns Hopkins University cryptography professor Matthew Green.
    swapnilsj likes this.
    02-22-14 06:06 AM
    Sales seem to indicate the market does not care about the nonexistent security in iOS and Android. I still hear "I've got nothing to hide". To which I say, "take off your clothes and give me your unlocked phone. You don't need clothing for protection right now and I will publish anything I find interesting on your phone. You have nothing to hide so why are you hiding those things from the world?"

Even if it was true that people "have nothing to hide", with a small amount of thought it's clear that privacy is dignity. Privacy is not hiding everything. Privacy is controlling what is known about you. As a human, you [should] have that right.
    georg4BB and The Aficionado like this.
    02-22-14 07:11 AM
    I have stuff to hide, my kids location from playing with my phone from diddlers! Or better yet, my location in a store that I just want to browse in, not purchase. I don't need some person I will never see again know my name and come to me in the Store looking for a sale!

Hate solves nothing, Respect gains everything!
    02-22-14 07:35 AM
    Screw JC, I bet the Chinese military are ecstatic right now.

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto and metz9444 like this.
    02-22-14 07:50 AM
    Yeah it is keeping Government agencies from moving to Apple right? It doesn't matter from a marketing and business perspective if someone else's security sucks, and you are not crowing about your own. Government agencies are looking at a check box that says FIPS. Apple has that. You have a huge paranoid population now that believes the NSA really cares about what they are doing because they are truly delusional and think they are that important, a prime marketing and business opportunity, and BlackBerry Isn't doing anything about it.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 08:42 AM
    02-22-14 11:01 AM