Headless apps good :
    The exhaustive list of everything that

Headless apps nightmare :
    The rise and fall of the headless apps | CrackBerry.com

Makes it a little tough to believe Crackberry's editorials, doesn't it? Kind of like Blackberry's sales reporting and "trust me" letter.

- R.
    10-16-13 03:23 PM
    Headless apps good :
    The exhaustive list of everything that

Headless apps nightmare :
    The rise and fall of the headless apps | CrackBerry.com

Makes it a little tough to believe Crackberry's editorials, doesn't it? Kind of like Blackberry's sales reporting and "trust me" letter.

- R.
    Things might have changed in the 4 weeks in between the articles. Also, the 2 articles are written by different authors, one of which is a developer, so i'm sure someone who creates apps would have a different view on it then a power user / writer (i'm not entirely sure who Simon Sage is)
    10-16-13 03:34 PM
    Many of CrackBerry's "editorials" could have been written by BlackBerry's non-existent PR department. This is a fan site, so they try to keep things positive.... you don't want the Home Page looking like most of the forums these day do you?
    BerryWizard likes this.
    10-16-13 03:45 PM
    Different perspectives, if your not the app builder do you care how you build headless apps? More you just care they work and are available.

The developer side is where it can be sticky on how they let headless apps be built. Good or bad is again perspective (and probably the size of the shop and relationship with BB).
    BBPandy and howarmat like this.
    10-16-13 03:47 PM
    Different perspectives, if your not the app builder do you care how you build headless apps? More you just care they work and are available. ...
    If it were just a matter of difficulty you're partially right. If someone has to work extra hard, then to me I'd just expect to pay more for them and that's fair. But if they're so hard to write/maintain that it affects functionality/performance/stability/enhancements then yes, I would care a lot. And when the "nightmare" article basically says they're so tough to build and maintain that no one will do it, then that affects the likelihood those apps will become available. App availability I care about even more, and based on many of the comments about BB10, a lot of other people do as well.

- R
    10-16-13 04:29 PM
    Many of CrackBerry's "editorials" could have been written by BlackBerry's non-existent PR department. ...
    Exactly.

...This is a fan site, so they try to keep things positive.... you don't want the Home Page looking like most of the forums these day do you?
    Positive is one thing, but when the same piece of functionality has one editor describing the situation as one where it's like Blackberry made it so hard they don't want anyone using it, and another editor says he is expecting "awesome" stuff from it, well ... "awesome" is a little beyond positive. That's not just presenting the shiny side of the apple. That's like showng someone a dried up twig off an apple tree and telling them how amazing it will taste once it's turned into apple cider.

- R
    10-16-13 04:35 PM
    That article about the headless API should not have been published. The author himself (Shao) got bashed by BlackBerry 10 devs for whining at CB's front page and blaming BlackBerry for his inefficiency in coding his apps.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-16-13 05:06 PM
    That article about the headless API should not have been published. The author himself (Shao) got bashed by BlackBerry 10 devs for whining at CB's front page and blaming BlackBerry for his inefficiency in coding his apps.

Posted via CB10
    this is new. i thought he is a well respected dev? how come he's taking flak?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-17-13 01:26 AM
    One is a developer opinion, one is a user opinion. Not sure where the disconnect is or why everyone tries to make something out to be what it's totally not. It has nothing to do with any of the conspiracy theories mentioned thus far because there is no conspiracy theory, just opinions and conversation surrounding them. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Poirots Progeny and its Steve like this.
    10-17-13 01:50 AM
    If it were just a matter of difficulty you're partially right. If someone has to work extra hard, then to me I'd just expect to pay more for them and that's fair. But if they're so hard to write/maintain that it affects functionality/performance/stability/enhancements then yes, I would care a lot. And when the "nightmare" article basically says they're so tough to build and maintain that no one will do it, then that affects the likelihood those apps will become available. App availability I care about even more, and based on many of the comments about BB10, a lot of other people do as well.
    - R
    if the developer it's lazy of course gonna be hard,
    10-17-13 02:19 AM
    Posted via CB10
    there you go!!!
    the same I said, if the developer it's lazy of course gonna be hard,
    10-17-13 02:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah he got bashed... yet now that 10.2 is out on the Z30. Where are those headless apps?
    10-17-13 07:37 AM