04-30-15 04:21 PM
258 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Where do you download the actual snapchat from? The photo/video quality on the one I have is awful and it seems like I'll need to delete Snap10...
    That's the catch. Currently you can get some APK Android versions to work. But they have been blocking people using BlackBerry and the official Snapchat app sporadically.

Basically anything Snapchat is a flashing red alarm imo at the moment on BlackBerry

Posted to CB via my Passport | FileArchiveHaven
    02-12-15 01:39 PM
    But they have been blocking people using BlackBerry and the official Snapchat app sporadically.
    Jesus. I understand blocking third party apps, but the official one? Are they THAT paranoid of security, they don't even want Lucky Patcher mods floating around?
    02-12-15 07:18 PM
    I want to know WHY snapchat has the budget to get their legal team harassing poor developers instead of channeling that money into making an actual native snapchat app for blackberry. Absolutely ridiculous, there is definitely some market collusion and that must be stopped.

Posted via CB10
    chalx likes this.
    02-12-15 07:40 PM
    I want to know WHY snapchat has the budget to get their legal team harassing poor developers instead of channeling that money into making an actual native snapchat app for blackberry. Absolutely ridiculous, there is definitely some market collusion and that must be stopped.

Posted via CB10
    They have lawyers on payroll. Lawyers can't code they lawyer.
    02-12-15 07:44 PM
    They have lawyers on payroll. Lawyers can't code they lawyer.
    Yeah,

My gut instincts tell me they are planning something. Either they are looking to go truly cross platform, or maybe in a buyout... but something kicked them into gear about October of last year and they've been getting more aggressive about the service ever since.

02-12-15 10:04 PM
    So funny to see so many people here saying "...I warned him..." and "...he is doing illegal this and that so he deserves it...", who made you SnapChat police? Why do you think you are important enough to go warn someone about something it does not concern you and then pretend the person has to do what you say? So much free time, so much self entitlement... or envy maybe?

Anyway, I have never used any of his apps and never will as I do not use those services but apart from the fact he charges money for it and that he has a bad attitude I don't see any difference ethically or morally between what he did and what Cobalt did with Google Play, both reverse engineered something some other company made to help the BB community fill a big hole and both are benefiting from it monetary or otherwise, yet I don't see anything but thank you's in Cobalt's threads and reports of donations given (myself included)...

And in regards to the money, everyone needs to make a living, what's the alternative? Go work on something else and leave so many people waiting for a solution... but he is giving people an option, don't like it? Don't buy it...

Posted via CB10
    Uzi and blackguy07 like this.
    02-12-15 10:49 PM
    Yeah,

My gut instincts tell me they are planning something. Either they are looking to go truly cross platform, or maybe in a buyout... but something kicked them into gear about October of last year and they've been getting more aggressive about the service ever since.

http://www.newsweek.com/snappening-h...-photos-276896
    02-12-15 11:32 PM
    Good one! How quickly I forget sometimes. That would do it!

"Two third-party SnapChat services have been mentioned in connection with the hack, an app called Snapsave and website SnapSaved.com, both of which allow users to store photos sent through Snapchat. On Thursday, Withers claimed that the rogues breached the system by hacking into Snapsave and not the actual Snapchat servers"

02-13-15 01:10 AM
    And in regards to the money, everyone needs to make a living, what's the alternative? Go work on something else and leave so many people waiting for a solution... but he is giving people an option, don't like it? Don't buy it...

Posted via CB10
    Work on an app legally. Come up with his own app that doesn't rely on a third party service. Get a job programming for a company that makes money.

Just because there was a gap, it doesn't mean that someone should break rules to fill it. The users that "need" the app could continually put pressure on the owner until the issue is resolved.

Posted from my Red Passport
    Richard Buckley, TGR1 and ADGrant like this.
    02-13-15 07:33 AM
    Work on an app legally. Come up with his own app that doesn't rely on a third party service. Get a job programming for a company that makes money.

Just because there was a gap, it doesn't mean that someone should break rules to fill it. The users that "need" the app could continually put pressure on the owner until the issue is resolved.
    Well, 95% of this community is installing leaks, patched Google Play store, patching apps to go around Google Services, Side loading and using Snap, using nemori's apps, etc. So would think they disagree with you...

Posted via CB10
    SPNKr likes this.
    02-13-15 10:19 AM
    Well, 95% of this community is installing leaks, patched Google Play store, patching apps to go around Google Services, Side loading and using Snap, using nemori's apps, etc. So would think they disagree with you...

Posted via CB10
    The laziness of the general populace has nothing to do with my answer to what the alternative are to making illegal apps. If a developer wants to make an illegal app, that's their choice. If other developers want to point out that certain apps are illegal or possibly malicious, that's their choice as well. Why anyone would be upset about being warned about possible bad apps is beyond logic.
    ADGrant likes this.
    02-13-15 11:39 AM
    I think the days of fully open APIs are, sadly, coming to an end. It may take years, but the more companies are affected by bad implementations on their APIs, the more they will follow SnapChat, and now LinkedIn.
    02-13-15 11:43 AM
    charging for something the original developer doesn't
    Snapchat has no free BB10 client.
    02-13-15 12:00 PM
    Easy, someone hacks snap10 and then suddenly the headlines read "Snapchat hacked 10,000 nudes leaked" it actually has happened, it doesn't even matter the fact is that Snapchat's servers and Snapchat's API are property of Snapchat Inc. And as such they have the right to tell everyone to **** off if they want, same as you can forbid people from going into your house they can forbid people from accessing their servers.

Posted via CB10
    If Snapchat protected content is so easily "hacked" and unlawfully distributed - regardless of whether the app was "authorized", then Snapchat darn well better fix that glaring hole. Hackers with intent to cause harm rarely follow rules. Imagine if Nemroy - instead of openly and publicly trying to bring Snapchat to another platform - was instead working behind closed doors in order to embarrass Snapchat or harm it's users.
    02-13-15 12:08 PM
    LOL. Anyone who is paying attention knows what that "something" is: the security breaches that they've suffered due to 3rd-Party clients saving Snaps getting into the media and harming the stock price. The shareholders voices were heard: this cannot continue, as it will undermine the entire value of the business. Shareholders expect to make money, and if users can't trust SnapChat to keep their Snaps private, then users will abandon the platform and all of that investment money will be lost. Money is an excellent motivator for change.
    JeepBB and bb10_fan like this.
    02-13-15 12:29 PM
    If Snapchat protected content is so easily "hacked" and unlawfully distributed - regardless of whether the app was "authorized", then Snapchat darn well better fix that glaring hole.
    They have. They addressed it by blocking 3rd party apps. Hence the hoopla that gave birth to this thread.
    jmr1015 and KingOfQwerty like this.
    02-13-15 12:32 PM
    If Snapchat protected content is so easily "hacked" and unlawfully distributed - regardless of whether the app was "authorized", then Snapchat darn well better fix that glaring hole. Hackers with intent to cause harm rarely follow rules. Imagine if Nemroy - instead of openly and publicly trying to bring Snapchat to another platform - was instead working behind closed doors in order to embarrass Snapchat or harm it's users.
    And part of that is closing down all unauthorized uses of the API. You need to keep it simple when thinking about this. Top of mind at SnapChat is not growing out to new platforms, especially not one with as small a market as BlackBerry. They are in damage control, if not full on mitigation. The fact is they can't know what Nemroy was doing with the pictures his application was downloading. He could have been saving them off. There would be no way for SnapChat to tell except doing an analysis of the application. Sure, they could have done that, but there is no reason for them to do so.

If you come home and find someone has broken into your house, will it make any difference to you that he checked your smoke detector batteries while he was there? And that isn't even a good analogy. A better one is would it make any difference if he was only using your computers to manage his on-line business? It is still B&E.
    02-13-15 12:33 PM
    I started another thread, but I for one will not be using snapchat anymore. Here was my response sent to snapchat....

" I have no choice but to use a 3rd party application, because YOU and your developers refuse to develop an application for Blackberry 10. I dont appreciate being threatened with account termination for supporting your service in the only way I can, as forced by your company. I will not be changing my password but I will delete my 3rd party app and I would appreciate you removing my account and all personal information from your servers, as I no longer wish to use your service, in any way. you just lost a user, and will be losing more until you develop applications for people who dont choose to use iOS or android. good day."

Posted via CB10
    LoganSix likes this.
    02-13-15 12:34 PM
    Snapchat has no free BB10 client.
    True, but the API is theirs, right? Maybe 'original developer' wasn't the right way to put it, IP/API owner would have been better.
    JeepBB and jmr1015 like this.
    02-13-15 12:55 PM
    Interestingly enough there is no one that would step up and create a poll (for example) despite all the bad mouthing over SnapChat in this thread (not to mention defending a clear violation and stealing). If you so badly want/need this service, create a poll and offer the company clear data of what they can expect to get from this platform.

Get over the fact that SnapChat is NOT a defendent in this case and try to find a constructive way how to get your beloved service "back" to your devices in a proper and legal way.

P.S. What people monitor and find worthy of their time to warn others about is their problem. And judging those who see there is something that needs to be addressed before there will be, mildly put, unpleasent consequences, is not at all in place. I respect those who point out potential hazard and I thank those who warn me of flaws in (my) service that could have a negative effect on me or someone else.

P.P.S. Sorry but I am getting a bit annoyed by all these judgemental posts against those who actually care enough about this community to point out an obvious flaw (which was, to be fair, pointed out by end users themselves).
    02-13-15 03:23 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Not obligated to make an app for a platform
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-13-15 03:56 PM
    It's very true. As much as users may want it, Snapchat has the right to refuse service to BlackBerry. We do not have a right to their app and service.

Any attempts to do so without their consent is unfortunately illegal depending on your location and against their ToS. It's their call if they want BlackBerry users, not ours.

02-14-15 12:35 AM
    That's exactly what Chen was on about... instead people shat on him for making a point.

Posted via CB10
    The poo goes all directions indiscriminately, very often at least... :-(

Sound reasoning or a reasonable request (having apps - big name apps - on as many platforms as possible) often doesn't go far, unless another issue arises, and then people understand - even if just out of self-interest...

  Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...  
    02-15-15 02:53 PM
    On a sidenote... anyone know when the best friends feature is coming back?

Posted via My Beast Q10
    02-15-15 02:56 PM
    They have. They addressed it by blocking 3rd party apps. Hence the hoopla that gave birth to this thread.
    No offense, do you really think this is the (technically) correct approach? :-)

(sincere question)

  Telstra has the Classic now, "got it in two weeks agow"...  
    02-15-15 03:10 PM
258 ... 678910 ...